Author Topic: Another sad story  (Read 1712 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Another sad story
« on: August 13, 2012, 06:32:43 PM »
http://www.newser.com/story/151956/bride-to-be-stabs-groom-hours-before-wedding.html

Perhaps the saddest part is that the (formerly) happy (?) couple managed to breed two children before she offed him, thus perpetuating the genetic defect that would allow someone to stab someone in the heart and then suggest she didn't want to kill him, and that she'd like to go home.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
Re: Another sad story
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 06:37:10 PM »
"I stabbed him plenty of times before and he never died on me."
I've read this phrase before and actually heard it in real life once.
Now here we go again... =(
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 07:13:58 PM »
In a former place of employment, where beating someone with a bat, 2x4, or rocks, and stabbings were much more common than shootings we had something similar happen.

A guy came in on Mother's Day with a stab wound to the left upper arm and the left side of his neck, the neck one was pretty impressive, but we kept him alive, shipped him off and he lived to go back home. He must have forgotten the flowers for the mother of his children!

Turns out, this had happened before, just not bad enough to need to seek care, plus other forms of violence directed toward him.

On Father's Day the same year (appx 1 month after the neck stabbing) our EMS got a call for an unresponsive male, turned out to be our victim from the Mother's Day stabbing. He had a tiny, bloodless, stab wound just to the left of center chest, between the 4th and 5th ribs. He was dead and was not coming back. Turns out she used one of those cheap, tiny (but large enough), 99 cent paring knifes you can get everywhere. Very thin blade, but good enough to pop his left ventricle.

She was also upset he was dead, she had abused him, including stabbing a few times and he had never died on her!  ;/

She went to jail and committed suicide while awaiting trial. I have no idea what happened to the children, but with the culture on the Rez they are probably with  a grandparent or other family member.

bob

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 10:06:04 PM »
Is it bad that I read " A Pennsylvania woman..." and immediately wondered why Rev hadn't told anyone he was engaged?
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 10:47:06 PM »
Is it bad that I read " A Pennsylvania woman..." and immediately wondered why Rev hadn't told anyone he was engaged?

I've had women try to stab me before.  Only got sliced up, never a full on puncture.  That is the gods way of telling ya to move on.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 10:51:27 PM »
I would've expected you to think of that as foreplay

[popcorn]
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 11:22:12 PM »
I've had women try to stab me before.  Only got sliced up, never a full on puncture.  That is the gods way of telling ya to move on.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 11:28:42 PM »
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 11:39:43 PM »
I dare you not to read that Rev quote in Jayne's voice.  :lol:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 11:51:35 PM »

The main reason I carry a gun is because of some of the women I know (but wish I didn't)
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 12:02:17 AM »

More like God's way of telling you "You got the secret plans....leave the sultry Russian chick alone"......
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 07:59:30 AM »
Once you read the names in the article, you can guess where it is going.

Some of these cultures, and the names they come up with......
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 08:12:46 AM »
More like God's way of telling you "You got the secret plans....leave the sultry Russian chick alone"......

Well, how sultry are we talking here?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 08:36:06 AM by RevDisk »
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 10:16:56 AM »
Well, how sultry are we talking here?

When they are Russian, there will never be enough sultry......
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 10:20:28 PM »
A sucking chest wound is nature's way of saying, "Back Off".
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon