Author Topic: Obama supporter buying up the gun publications to shut them down?  (Read 1654 times)

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Re: Obama supporter buying up the gun publications to shut them down?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 01:31:02 PM »
With all the blogs, YouTube type outlets, etc., if destroying 2A media is thier goal, they are jus wasting a ton of money on a project like that.
Formerly sumpnz

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 01:36:46 PM »
With all the blogs, YouTube type outlets, etc., if destroying 2A media is thier goal, they are jus wasting a ton of money on a project like that.

Bingo. Traditional print media are suffering anyway, so this is mis-application of resources I'm not too worried about. Market demand for TV/internet gun programming will make this whack-a-mole at best.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 01:53:10 PM »
Before I add another layer to my tinfoil yarmulke, I would want to be sure that there were not other financial reasons driving these changes.  Such as the revenue issues with print media and alternative TV programming.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 02:01:56 PM »
Wasn't there some outdoor/shooting magazine that we talked about here a while back that actually had an anti-gun agenda? I seem to recall it was yuppie/rich person oriented.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 02:14:12 PM »
Wasn't there some outdoor/shooting magazine that we talked about here a while back that actually had an anti-gun agenda? I seem to recall it was yuppie/rich person oriented.

"Recoil" magazine.  "Citizens don't need this firepower."
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

drewtam

• friend
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 11:06:18 AM »
I had assumed the same had happened to Outdoor Life/Field and Stream years ago. I cancelled my subscriptions to both for what they were printing, and this was well before the 'Zumbo' incident.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 11:07:14 AM »
It would be more of a risk if they used the influential media they purchased to undermine the true meaning of the Second Amendment through devious programming and opinion pieces... "It's all about Hunting folks!" Trying to buy up and shut down every form of firearm media is like whack-a-mole. So long as there is demand new outlets will pop up.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"