Author Topic: Times like these are what life is all about...  (Read 701 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Times like these are what life is all about...
« on: April 04, 2010, 11:44:00 PM »
Spent the day doing housework.  (Tried to get the housework to do itself, but the laundry and weeds set there, mocking me, so I had to do something  :laugh: )  Been a good day.  Kathy and I had a great date last night, got a solid night's sleep, and everything around the Casa de Johnson is on autopilot, at least for the moment.  It's a nice night. 

Spent the evening sitting on the tailgate of the truck, garage open, with the neighbors dropping by to say Hi.  Had a beverage or two, sharing with the neighbor-folks I count as friends.  All-in-all a very good day.  Neck is a little burned from being out longer than I had intended but the yard is good to go, the weeds are knocked down to a tolerable level, the youpons are trimmed, and I have a dresser full of fresh-washed unmentionables that should keep me through the week.  I even ironed some dress shirts (yes, I know how).

Can you tell I'm in a great mood?  Minnie is patting me on the leg, wanting me to get all cozy in the recliner so she can get some ear-scratch time.  She can be demanding that way  :lol: .  Think I'll have one more beverage, get me a bite to eat, finish the Yankees game, and call it a day.  Here's hoping that the rest of ya'll sorry bastiges had a good day, too.  :laugh:   

A good night, and a great week to ya all.

Brad.
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
Re: Times like these are what life is all about...
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 12:35:57 AM »
Thanks for the good wishes, Brad.  And a "good for you" on your good day.

Sometimes it's all worth while, isn't it?   =)

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Physics

• ∇xE=-1/c·∂B/∂t, ∇·E=4πρ, ∇·B=0, ∇xB=1/c·∂E/∂t, F=q(E+v/cxB)
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 12:39:58 AM »
I took my first day off in about 2 months today.  Spent it with my family.  Puts me a little behind, so I feel guilty, but I figure if I'm going to get behind in research, the best reason is for spending quality time with my family.  Just finished off an excellent beer and am having a great night as well.  The kiddo is asleep now and I'm just hanging with my FIL and SIL.  Good times.   =)
In the world of science, there is physics.  Everything else is stamp collecting.  -Ernest Rutherford

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 04:32:12 AM »
For Spoon and I, the "best times" is with our BACA kids...

There's just something about getting flying tackled by a lil' girl who, not 2 months before, was scared of everything. Puts the world in perspective...

Glad you had a good day!
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

taurusowner

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 04:39:22 AM »
I'm glad someone is having a good time.