Author Topic: Tall blade sights question.  (Read 3824 times)

Chuck Dye

• friend
Re: Tall blade sights question.
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2013, 01:50:28 PM »
Well, actually, today it is a clip not a magazine.

As I understand it, there are a lot of single action .45 ACP revolver shooters and a few double action revolver shooters (a S&W 610 owner I used to shoot with,) who use 1911 magazines as clips.  The 610 shooter uses Glock clips.
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2013, 06:38:46 PM »
Skid--

So that works even for CCW? The speedymoonmags don't work themselves loose from those slots as you walk about and sit and stand and such.

I looked at other versions and the type with the post in the spring-like container looks good as it holds the rounds tight and offers a bit of protection. Though it does stick out a bit more.

The Blade-Tech thingy holds very securely - to the point that I do not use polymer moon clips as the round may tear out as the clip is withdrawn.  While I rarely CC my 625 the clip holderr can be covered "fairly" easily - it does stick out a bit more than a gagazine.

I also use these http://www.dillonprecision.com/content/p/9/pid/25113/catid/30/Moon_Clips_D__6_Shot_Moon_Clip_Holder__2_ea__ which were originally designed for competition.  The North Mountain item looks good - I probably will invest.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2013, 09:29:28 PM »
http://www.dillonprecision.com/content/p/9/pid/25534/catid/24/CCW_Moon_Clip_Loading__Unloading_Tool__45ACP

This is the moon clip tool I bought.  Works great and loads them very fast.  I am curious if any of you use something different.

I use a 1/2" x 18" length of copper pie with half the diameter off one end cut back a quarter inch.  Insert over empty case & twist.  You can collect all 6 .45ACP cases inside the pipe and then dump wherever.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton