Author Topic: Eff your "trauma"  (Read 4107 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Eff your "trauma"
« on: January 04, 2015, 08:17:22 AM »
http://chrishernandezauthor.com/2015/01/02/microaggressions-trigger-warnings-and-the-new-meaning-of-trauma/

Chris Hernandez discusses the difference between "trauma" and "trauma trauma" and the sorts of people that are devestated by the first kind.  He is (trigger warning) not polite.  He (trigger warning) gives several examples of those who declare themselves to be victims and those who have experienced some form of life-altering adversity (trigger warning) without being consumed forever afterwards by it.  He even discusses some people who (trigger warning) overcome their trauma.

I'm upping my contribution to fund a massage therapist for Boomhauer's world tour.  He's going to end up (trigger warning) with arms like Popeye if he's not careful on tour.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Bob F.

• friend
Re: Eff your "trauma"
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 10:19:14 AM »
Holy sheite!!!!
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 11:21:04 AM »
I feel traumatized. He used the "F" word, multiple times. He is clearly engaging in repetitive microaggression against my tender sensitivities.

Of course, I'm a troglodyte practitioner of microaggression myself, it seems. Awhile back, on another forum, I commented to another forum member that the word to describe being cautious about something is "wary," not "weary." To my everlasting shame, I fear I severely traumatized the dear lad.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 07:12:35 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 11:44:47 AM »
Holy crap. Once again, I repeat one of my dad's favorite sayings: "People got it too good!"  When you don't have to worry about where your next meal is coming from, when you don't have to dig ditches for fourteen hours a day to keep a roof over your head, when your biggest trauma is being away from social media for more than an hour, this is the kind of crap you have time for as a 'life priority".

We might as well forget the "Boomhauer Tour". It would take a million Boomhauers to kick all these asses. And do we really want a million Boomhauers out there?  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 01:08:19 PM »
Holy crap. Once again, I repeat one of my dad's favorite sayings: "People got it too good!"  When you don't have to worry about where your next meal is coming from, when you don't have to dig ditches for fourteen hours a day to keep a roof over your head, when your biggest trauma is being away from social media for more than an hour, this is the kind of crap you have time for as a 'life priority".

We might as well forget the "Boomhauer Tour". It would take a million Boomhauers to kick all these asses. And do we really want a million Boomhauers out there?  :laugh:

I'd take a million Boohauers over a million whiny asses any day.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 01:11:35 PM »
*Sheds tear* He puts it into words so much better than I can upon finding out about all these idiots suffering from "microaggressions"

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 03:30:19 PM »
They would feel better about the microaggressions if they were delivered by kittens.

PS: and to shamelessly steal this from the comments:

"Oh, and if anyone accuses you of a microaggression, just reply “I microapologize (for any microoffense you may have microsuffered)”

« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 03:51:53 PM by MillCreek »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 04:52:37 PM »
And do we really want a million Boomhauers out there?

I suddenly feel traumatized
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 06:04:00 PM »
They would feel better about the microaggressions if they were delivered by kittens.

PS: and to shamelessly steal this from the comments:

"Oh, and if anyone accuses you of a microaggression, just reply “I microapologize (for any microoffense you may have microsuffered)”

That.

Is.

AWESOME !!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 06:22:32 PM »
I don't wike this thwead.  Whom can I sue?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 07:06:44 PM »
"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt your feelings."
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 07:07:45 PM »
"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt your feelings."

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 07:13:50 PM »

Hold on, there. Maybe we can franchise him.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 07:43:25 PM »
Hold on, there. Maybe we can franchise him.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why 'Murica is the greatest country in the universe!

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2015, 08:52:45 PM »

“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2015, 09:40:15 PM »
^ it's real bad when the grotesque cartoon looks less pyscho than the actual person.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2015, 09:45:59 PM »

Society of mother*expletive deleted*ing *expletivedeleted*

Let me get my Steel Pipe of Education...

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2015, 10:17:01 PM »
That was...beautiful
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2015, 10:23:31 AM »
I wish I could microgive a microfuck.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2015, 10:41:48 AM »
New, aggressions to mope over.

Nanoaggressions: Microaggressions that occur to others that one reads about after the microaggress-ee whines and snivels about it online, causing the reader sympathetic butthurt from the third-person microaggression.

Picoaggressions: Microaggressions that have not occurred, but that one speculates about, either inwardly or in writing online.

Femtoaggressions: Nanoaggressions that occur to others that one reads about after the nanoaggress-ee whines and snivels about it online, causing the reader sympathetic butthurt from the third-person nanoaggression.

Attoaggresion Singularity: Point at which micro-, nano-, pico-, and femto-aggressions overwhelm the internet and moper consciousness and the entire world descends into a never-ending and ever-expanding universe of butthurt.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2015, 12:25:39 PM »
He even discusses some people who (trigger warning) overcome their trauma.

I sometimes wonder how much of the difference comes from just being raised and/or naturally inclined to go off somewhere and do the socially unacceptable things that help one get past the initial effects; cry, break (your own) *expletive deleted*it, scream, generally throw a tantrum, or sit and stare blankly without interruptions.  There's a lot to be said for taking anywhere from a couple minutes (annoying person) to a week (loss of a loved one) alone to get that part out of your system and be ready to get on with life.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2015, 02:11:17 PM »
New, aggressions to mope over.

Nanoaggressions: Microaggressions that occur to others that one reads about after the microaggress-ee whines and snivels about it online, causing the reader sympathetic butthurt from the third-person microaggression.

Picoaggressions: Microaggressions that have not occurred, but that one speculates about, either inwardly or in writing online.

Femtoaggressions: Nanoaggressions that occur to others that one reads about after the nanoaggress-ee whines and snivels about it online, causing the reader sympathetic butthurt from the third-person nanoaggression.

Attoaggresion Singularity: Point at which micro-, nano-, pico-, and femto-aggressions overwhelm the internet and moper consciousness and the entire world descends into a never-ending and ever-expanding universe of butthurt.

Plank Length Aggression -- the theoretical smallest possible agression
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2015, 02:34:50 PM »

Maybe just sell a lot of Boomhauer masks and declare one day a year week to be Boomhauer Day  >:D

He (trigger warning) gives several examples of those who declare themselves to be victims and those who have experienced some form of life-altering adversity (trigger warning)

LOL. This heteronormative neaderthal spent 2 weeks in the ICU once along with an additional 6 weeks in a hospital bed and my sensitive inner child is deeply *expletive deleted*ing damaged by it. Not.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2015, 04:24:05 PM »
I sometimes wonder how much of the difference comes from just being raised and/or naturally inclined to go off somewhere and do the socially unacceptable things that help one get past the initial effects; cry, break (your own) *expletive deleted*it, scream, generally throw a tantrum, or sit and stare blankly without interruptions.  There's a lot to be said for taking anywhere from a couple minutes (annoying person) to a week (loss of a loved one) alone to get that part out of your system and be ready to get on with life.

I think that's considered to be repressing your feelings or something.

I'll never understand why some people want an audience when they cry, but seems that's like the thing to do these day, be it a shrink or everyone you friended on FB.

*shrug*

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2015, 04:39:52 PM »
I'll never understand why some people want an audience when they cry, but seems that's like the thing to do these day, be it a shrink or everyone you friended on FB.

One of my ex wife's better business ideas would have just been too hard to insure; charge people to rent a small concrete room where they can just go smash anything they want in private.  Have a side concession reselling Goodwill reject dishes and such, and some padded rooms where people more inclined to punch and kick the walls can indulge themselves.