Author Topic: Eff your "trauma"  (Read 4108 times)

brimic

• friends
Re: Eff your "trauma"
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2015, 04:55:08 PM »
I think that's considered to be repressing your feelings or something.

I'll never understand why some people want an audience when they cry, but seems that's like the thing to do these day, be it a shrink or everyone you friended on FB.

*shrug*

To me it sounds like what happens when we have 20+ years of oprah, dr. feel and various other purveyors of pop psychology and overinflated self-esteem- everyone has an affliction to talk about, and if you don't its because you are to afflicted to admit it.  [barf]
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2015, 05:06:00 PM »
I sometimes wonder how much of the difference comes from just being raised and/or naturally inclined to go off somewhere and do the socially unacceptable things that help one get past the initial effects; cry, break (your own) *expletive deleted*it, scream, generally throw a tantrum, or sit and stare blankly without interruptions.  There's a lot to be said for taking anywhere from a couple minutes (annoying person) to a week (loss of a loved one) alone to get that part out of your system and be ready to get on with life.

Someone once explained to my why life sucks - it keeps us from floating off into space.

PTSD is a biotch at the best of times, and kicks butt at other times.  I'm never going to "forget" what I did and saw, and so far experience tells me that trying to shove it in a room and lock it there just pisses it off.  I understand that - finally (kinda, sorta).  But not only do I hate listening to myself whine and moan and thow a pity party, but even more so I seem to hate having folks hold me and pat my hand/head and tell me "There, there, it'll be all better" when they have no freaking idea of what "it" is.  It's not a question of "not giving in" because I've done that more than once.  It's more that life seems to have more stuff for me to do.

Those "traumatized" snowflakes seem to me to have nothing better to do.

But then I'm biased.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2015, 05:19:07 PM »
But not only do I hate listening to myself whine and moan and thow a pity party, but even more so I seem to hate having folks hold me and pat my hand/head and tell me "There, there, it'll be all better" when they have no freaking idea of what "it" is.

Even with the ones who do understand what "it" is perfectly, I would rather they back way the hell off and wait for me to have my alone time first.  Sure, a hug might be a big help later, but if you try it too soon, you're just a big squishy, reactive target when I'm looking for something to punch.  Tell me where you'll be when I'm done, then keep a safe distance.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2015, 05:21:24 PM »

Those "traumatized" snowflakes seem to me to have nothing better to do.

But then I'm biased.

stay safe.
The majority of these people act offended or hurt or traumatized for two reasons: oppression points, and to steer the discourse by setting the rules for what is and what is not allowed to be discussed.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2015, 06:34:25 PM »
I go off and hide, I have my little meltdown and let my brain reboot.

Seems to work well enough. I'm getting on to 31 and I haven't offed myself yet, so there is that.

And, I have noted that if people do find me (or just are around when I can't hold it out) the ones that just sit with me and not say anything do much more good then the ones that try to "fix" what's wrong.

As Kaylee said, "some things just can't be fixed". The special snowflakes not only can't have their feelings get hurt, but when they do get hurt it has to get "fixed", and never mind that feelings get hurt and that doesn't always get "fixed" is just a fact of life.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2015, 06:48:59 PM »
I think we have all seen spoiled little kids who don't cry until they think "mommy" is paying attention or to get mommy to pay attention.  Fast forward that thinking with no zero maturity into physical adulthood. 

What other maturity lessons did they NOT learn?  That is almost scary to think about.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2015, 06:51:04 PM »
As Kaylee said, "some things just can't be fixed". The special snowflakes not only can't have their feelings get hurt, but when they do get hurt it has to get "fixed", and never mind that feelings get hurt and that doesn't always get "fixed" is just a fact of life.

Worth repeating.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2015, 10:07:47 PM »
http://pjmedia.com/andrewklavan/2015/01/04/counter-culture-2015-lets-be-offensive/

Andrew Klaven speaks truth - terrible, hateful, hurtful truth:

And so we will have to offend people. A lot of people. A lot of the time.

I mention this because I notice the idea has grown up recently — especially among the young — that offending people is wrong per se. This idea — taught at universities and in entertainments and in the media — is wholly false. Rudeness and unkindness are very often unnecessary — much less necessary than many counter-cultural warriors suppose — but offending people is unavoidable. It is a natural outgrowth of telling the truth.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2015, 10:28:50 PM »
Sucks being a Libertarian, when it's so painfully blatantly obvious we need the purge. (not the B.S. movie, a real purge) And knowing that actually getting to purge would just fail harder, and destroy the liberty of those who remained anyway.

Catch-22, Kobiashi Maru.

*expletive deleted*ck.
I promise not to duck.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2015, 09:28:44 PM »
This is me, right now.

At about the 13 second mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbQVaupPS80
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2015, 10:21:37 AM »
Talk about resolving microaggressions...

I've often thought of starting a pie fight company.

Tentative business model to be fleshed out:

You go in and drape an organization's largest conference room with tarpaulins, provide the folks with coveralls, and provide ten (at least) cream pies for each individual and let them have at it.

Then you go in and clean the place up for them.

Expenses:  Cream pies, coveralls, tarps, removing and storing fragiles, cleanup crew, insurance, "No Guns" signs.

Income:  What the market will bear.

Franchisees, anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4-spBDcJyk

You know, just watching that relieves me of a few milliaggressions.

Terry

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2015, 11:42:57 AM »
I've often thought of starting a pie fight company.

We did a pie-in-the-face fundraiser one time, since one of our people worked for some mega-grocery type place.  It got pretty revolting when they got to the squid cream pie that had been sitting in the heat for ~10 hours.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2015, 09:38:59 PM »
I was thinking of canned whipped cream on cardboard plates prepared just before the event.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2015, 11:15:45 PM »
Plank Length Aggression -- the theoretical smallest possible agression

Sorry, but I think String Aggresion theory with be the unifier....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.