Author Topic: It's click bait from hell, but...  (Read 4116 times)

freakazoid

• friend
Re: It's click bait from hell, but...
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2015, 12:27:11 AM »
Back to the Future?? I never did understand why that movie gets so much respect.

Primer is a really, uh, special film. I've been meaning to watch it once or twice more, for comprehension, but I haven't found myself in quite the right mood yet.

If you search Google you can find a timeline chart that kind of explains things. Awesome movie.

Wait, someone else saw eXistenz?  And liked it, too?  I thought I was the only one.  Jennifer Jason Leigh could sure play a bad guy.

[Looking for other signs of the pockylypse.]

I saw that movie many many years ago and was just WTF is going on. I really think I need to watch it again.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2015, 06:27:53 PM »
If you search Google you can find a timeline chart that kind of explains things. Awesome movie.

I saw that movie many many years ago and was just WTF is going on. I really think I need to watch it again.

I assume you mean Primer. 's funny. Primer kinda belongs on the list just for the sci-fi nerdiness of it. But on the other hand, I wouldn't say it's very good as a movie. I imagine most humans would find it boring, confusing, and frustrating. You have to really want to geek out time travel issues to make it through the thing.

Then you have Starship Troopers, which is neither good sci-fi, nor a good movie.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2015, 09:32:22 PM »
I actually kind of enjoyed Starship Troopers as a goofy, campy kind of movie.  Doesn't have much in common with the story, but fun.

Fahrenheit 451 not only strayed from the book, but the movie was a steaming pile of crap.

The top pick, 2001: A Space Odyssey, was beautifully filmed, but if you have never read the book, it is a giant WTF?

I also liked Starship Troopers. Fortunately, I saw it before I read the book, so I didn't have to be disappointed that it was nothing like the other.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2015, 10:11:44 PM »
F451 was OK... I think the director was a bit too political, especially at the time that it was made.

I'm gobsmacked that The Fifth Element isn't on that list. I could have sworn that it was.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2015, 10:20:52 PM »

I assume you mean Primer. 's funny. Primer kinda belongs on the list just for the sci-fi nerdiness of it. But on the other hand, I wouldn't say it's very good as a movie. I imagine most humans would find it boring, confusing, and frustrating. You have to really want to geek out time travel issues to make it through the thing.

Then you have Starship Troopers, which is neither good sci-fi, nor a good movie.

Yeah, Primer. Pff, stupid humans.
I also enjoyed Starship Troopers...
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic