Author Topic: Fan of MST3K?  (Read 706 times)

freakazoid

• friend
Fan of MST3K?
« on: August 02, 2016, 06:04:41 AM »
If you loved MST3K, the guys, and gals, have an internet website called Rifftrax, which is basically the same thing but you download audio files and sync them up with the movie. They have a LOT of movies, including a bunch of new movies. Every now and then they do a live broadcast from a theater that get's played at other theaters. I've seen a Dr. Who special, Sharknado, and Starship Troopers that way. They have one upcoming for Mothra on August 18th with a re-broadcast on the 23rd, http://www.fathomevents.com/event/rifftrax-live-mothra I really want to see this but I am in Japan, which is kind of ironic.  :'(
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Fan of MST3K?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 09:28:16 AM »
I thought there was going to be some announcement at ComicCon about them coming back to the traditional airwaves? Or were they maybe talking about expanding Rifftrax?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 09:38:35 AM »
I thought there was going to be some announcement at ComicCon about them coming back to the traditional airwaves? Or were they maybe talking about expanding Rifftrax?

There was. Joel Hodgson is creating a new season for Netflix. http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-new-mystery-science-theater-3000-is-coming-to-netfl-1784206896

The Rifftrax are some of the other creators. I've gotten some of the Rifftrax, they're hilarious. I have hopes for the new season, but I'm wary, given the new "talent" involved.

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 09:47:24 AM »
You know, if a few people could tolerate the whole thing, DNC3K could be all the rage on YouTube.