Author Topic: The chickens are coming home to roost...  (Read 892 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
The chickens are coming home to roost...
« on: December 22, 2021, 08:52:50 PM »
Two Democratic proponents of "police reform" have gotten a first hand view of America's crime surge, one in Illinois and one in Philadelphia.

The two were carjacked at gunpoint in incidents about 24 hours apart.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democratic-congresswoman-defund-police-carjacked-in-crime-surging-philadelphia

Karma. She is a female dog.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: The chickens are coming home to roost...
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 12:02:36 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 05:43:00 AM »
"It makes my heart soar like an eagle."

--Grandfather, played by Chief Dan George, in "Little Big Man" (1970)
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2021, 08:05:04 AM »
Looks like they caught the Philly carjackers. I'm sure the fast apprehension had nothing to do with the victim's status and every law enforcement agency in the country being on the case. It will be interesting to see if the carjackers get cut loose like they would for a regular citizen or if they get the book thrown at them.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2021, 10:01:50 AM »
As I  used to say, it only takes one good mugging (or in this case, carjacking) to change some peoples' minds.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2021, 10:05:42 AM »
As I  used to say, it only takes one good mugging (or in this case, carjacking) to change some peoples' minds.

You would hope but nowadays it's more likely they'll do an Obama style double down. After blaming Trump, white racism, republicans and big business of course.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2021, 10:22:27 AM »
You came up with that? The version I heard is actually "A conservative is a liberal who's been mugged" and it's a pleasure to learn where that saying originated.  ;)

Oh, and that feeling we're all getting? The Germans had a word for it - schadenfreude - which means "the experience of pleasure, joy, or self-satisfaction that comes from learning of or witnessing the troubles, failures, or humiliation of another."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2021, 03:07:15 PM »
Looks like they caught the Philly carjackers. I'm sure the fast apprehension had nothing to do with the victim's status and every law enforcement agency in the country being on the case. It will be interesting to see if the carjackers get cut loose like they would for a regular citizen or if they get the book thrown at them.

Well they obviously are Trump loving fascist insurrectionist white supremacists, after all.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2021, 04:42:45 PM »
So it looks like the husband of one of the politicians opened fire on the carjackers. I wonder what her stance is on other people carrying guns for self-defense?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/illinois-state-senator-lightford-husband-fired-legal-gun
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2021, 05:29:55 PM »
So it looks like the husband of one of the politicians opened fire on the carjackers. I wonder what her stance is on other people carrying guns

https://youtu.be/zNu2veMJMx8
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2021, 06:11:20 PM »
"Guns for me, but not for thee."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2021, 09:21:57 PM »
One of the big local lefties, in my neighborhood, got carjacked, and announced that she was on the side of the carjackers.

Part of me wants to post her address, and auto type, on a bunch of telephone pole broadsides on the north side.
Blog under construction

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2021, 09:55:39 PM »
One of the big local lefties, in my neighborhood, got carjacked, and announced that she was on the side of the carjackers.

Part of me wants to post her address, and auto type, on a bunch of telephone pole broadsides on the north side.

You must be talking about Cori B.  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”