Author Topic: Wheres Waldo?  (Read 3456 times)

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Wheres Waldo?
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2006, 11:50:50 PM »
Yip! Darling Harbor is a district in Sydney
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Wheres Waldo?
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2006, 12:41:17 AM »
I need a map of Australia to follow you along here. How much longer will you be there?

I imagine you took more pictures of the rock paintings. Would you mind sending me copies? I'd be interested in the history too if you have any. When you get a chance.

I'd also be interested in any pics of any authentic wommera and spears if you have any hanging around. I'm actually most interested in the wommera and it's relationship to it's particular spears. Size relationship, weight distribution things like that..

I have to get there myself. I had a real good contact that passed away on me and now I have no way to establish that kind of connection again. He's the only one I'd trust to take me to the places I want to go. He was one of the few that could. I'd love to hear about the logistics of your trip if you feel like discussing them some time.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

...has left the building.

Wheres Waldo?
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2006, 03:40:38 AM »
I spent three weeks going from Sydney to Cairns...Australia is amazing! Have fun on your trip and hoist a VB for me!

Dannyboy

• friend
Wheres Waldo?
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2006, 03:58:01 AM »
VB is OK but Toohey's New was da shiznit when I was there.  Man, I drank that stuff like I'd never see it again.  Good thing, too, cuz I haven't.  

Have fun, Harold.  I thought Sydney was the coolest city I have ever been to.  Not to mention the cleanest.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

Dannyboy

• friend
Wheres Waldo?
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2006, 06:09:48 AM »
OK, I had to post this picture because I think it's kind of cool that 2 people could go to the same place at 2 different times and take pictures from virtually the same spot.  Mine was taken maybe 50 feet to the left of where Harold took his.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

280plus

• friend
Wheres Waldo?
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2006, 06:44:42 AM »
heh, that's cool... Cheesy

What IS the building behind the destroyer?

Dannyboy

• friend
Wheres Waldo?
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2006, 01:58:28 PM »
Quote from: 280plus
What IS the building behind the destroyer?
That is the Marine Museum.

mtnbkr

• friend
Wheres Waldo?
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2006, 02:33:59 PM »
OK, I had to post this picture because I think it's kind of cool that 2 people could go to the same place at 2 different times and take pictures from virtually the same spot.
Five years ago when I was in Mexico on my honeymoon, I took a picture near some Mayan Ruins.  Last year, I saw nearly the same picture in a book by Galen Rowell.  The book was published before I took my picture, but I hadn't seen the book until that moment.  

Sorry for the thread drift...

Chris

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Wheres Waldo?
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2006, 06:14:33 AM »
the otherside of Darling Harbor:

dinner:
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

280plus

• friend
Wheres Waldo?
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2006, 11:30:42 AM »
Did you order the extra tentacles? Tongue

Dannyboy

• friend
Wheres Waldo?
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2006, 04:59:23 PM »
I guess you did make it to the aquarium in the area.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Wheres Waldo?
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2006, 06:00:55 PM »
i'm back in the states now trying to figure out what the heck happened to my sleep schedule...

Dannyboy

• friend
Wheres Waldo?
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2006, 03:19:44 AM »
Quote from: Harold Tuttle
i'm back in the states now trying to figure out what the heck happened to my sleep schedule...
That was one of the best things about my trip to Australia.  I went there on mid-tour leave from Korea so it was a 10 hour flight almost straight south.  I think I crossed one time zone.  Not having to deal with jet lag was a great thing.