Author Topic: Interesting idea but poor execution.  (Read 1941 times)

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
Interesting idea but poor execution.
« on: July 20, 2006, 08:21:01 PM »
http://www.wkyc.com/news/watercooler/watercooler_article.aspx?storyid=54589

Talk amongst yourselves. Aside from 1). getting caught and 2). the whole spousal exploitation thing, I'm looking hard for the downside.

It almost makes the whole cottage industry of shooting and robbing drug dealers look like a bake sale.

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 02:38:03 AM »
Interesting world we live in. rolleyes
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 02:44:18 AM »
What monsters!  How could they scam those good-hearted citizens in such a terrible way?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

280plus

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 02:54:42 AM »
I know, talk about a tough choice on which way to think.

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 03:10:59 AM »
Tough choice?  No choice at all.  The victims were would-be predators; they just got "out-predatored".  Approximately equally sleazoid, all around.

Me, I think it's funny.

For whatever reason this big of old doggerel came to mind; I disremember exactly how it goes:  "Big fleas have little fleas, upon their backs to bite 'em; little fleas have lesser fleas, and so on, ad infinitum."

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 03:15:33 AM »
If they refrained from the violence it wouldn't have as much of a downside.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

grampster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 03:25:09 AM »
What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 04:12:42 AM »
Quote from: wmenorr67
If they refrained from the violence it wouldn't have as much of a downside.
I'm not sure about that. When he said "where's the downside" I thought (with the ovbious and important caveat that no innocent people got involved, which is of course impossible without due process, however I'm talking theory here) that the downside was that the predators were around after the initial contact to be blackmailed.

Biggest downside I see is the chance of getting the wrong guy.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 05:09:17 AM »
Reminds me of an old movie called The Flim-Flam Man.

Anyway, two wrongs dont make a right, as they say.  The couple was violating the law for fun and profit.  I agree in a cosmic sense the "customers" got what was coming to them.  But that doesnt excuse the behavior.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 07:03:15 PM »
Some times bad things happen to bad people.  I'm pretty much ok with that.  When bad things happen to good people, or really bad things to ok people, that upsets me.  Instead of crying over the poor exploited peddergasters how about we get some media air time and popular discussion about the folks killed by law enforcement officers serving warrants without knocking at the wrong addresses. Now THAT was a thread.

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2006, 09:15:07 PM »
THe fact that they took money in exchange for allowing pedophiles to continue their predatory behavior puts them in a category that is nearly as bad. Think about it, they knew that these guys were out looking for kids to rape/molest/exploit, and they allowed them to continue doing so in exchange for a paltry amount of cash. I dont have a problem with finding the wrong in their actions.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2006, 01:06:18 AM »
I know, if they hadn't just done it for the money it might not have such a twist on it. Then there wa the beatings. 13 -14 accomplices too. All you can say is WOW, what a planet!

shocked

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2006, 04:19:12 AM »

I don't know that this wouldn't interfere with the happy go lucky pedophile lifestyle.  I mean, if on one call you were met by over a dozen people with baseball bats who took everything you had and continue to keep tabs on you (even if their primary motive is continued extortion), wouldn't that make one hesitant twards active persuits?

Typhoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2006, 09:50:24 AM »
I love the last line of the article: ""The victims don't want to talk to us," Williams said."

Gee - - Ya think???

Ultimately, I have to agree with The Rabbi.  Two wrongs don't make a right.  But I can appreciate the irony.  I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the trial.  (Hope there's no plea bargain...)
To the stars!

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2006, 02:34:55 PM »
too funny.  they are like 30 min away from me

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2006, 06:00:03 PM »
22-year-old Michael Barnett, AWOL from the Army for two years
If it were not for that statement I'd say they might be on to something.

I wonder if he will end up in the brig now that he has been found?

Otherwise I'd say happy hunting.  However c_yeager makes an excellent point.
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

Strings

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2006, 08:42:05 PM »
yeah... this is a hard case to decide who's REALLY a victim...

client32

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2006, 03:25:48 AM »
Think about it, they knew that these guys were out looking for kids to rape/molest/exploit, and they allowed them to continue doing so in exchange for a paltry amount of cash.
What is the likelyhood that they would have actually ended up in prison and not back in the general public?  I know that news sources tend to twist things to a particular viewpoint, but the way this gets reported is that the sexual preditor would not end up in jail.

Now, as to them getting the idea from Dateline, should this type of TV broadcast be regulated somehow.  Dateline is what the monetary preditors quoted as giving them the idea.  Therefore, all news magazine shows must go through an approval process before being broadcast.  [sarcasm off]
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2006, 11:33:34 AM »
Actually I think the Army calls it the stockade. And yup, chances are he'll find himself there sooner or later. Depends who gets first crack at him, the civilian authorities or the military ones.