Author Topic: NYPD cop serves and protects handcuffed suspect's head with his boot  (Read 4155 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/brooklyn-desk-duty-reportedly-stomping-man-article-1.1880818

Dude should have taken a longer walk and calmed down more. Interestingly enough, even though a whole bunch of cops witnessed this assault, no one placed the guy who did it under arrest. I wonder why?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

brimic

• friends
Re: NYPD cop serves and protects handcuffed suspect's head with his boot
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 06:56:01 PM »
http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/brooklyn-desk-duty-reportedly-stomping-man-article-1.1880818

Dude should have taken a longer walk and calmed down more. Interestingly enough, even though a whole bunch of cops witnessed this assault, no one placed the guy who did it under arrest. I wonder why?
There is probably a very good reason why this type of behavior by police is most common where ccw is illegal.  Sometime soon, someone is going to come to the aid of someone being brutalized, then cities will burn.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 07:04:54 PM »

"A Brooklyn cop was put on modified assignment Friday after allegedly stomping on a shackled suspect’s head, authorities said."

What more do you want?  He was put on modified assignment. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 07:43:33 PM »
"A Brooklyn cop was put on modified assignment Friday after allegedly stomping on a shackled suspect’s head, authorities said."

What more do you want?  He was put on modified assignment. 
Tossing him off the top of city hall would be a good start...
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 07:54:59 PM »
One has to wonder whether this feral police activity is a recent phenomenon, or has it really been the status quo for a long time.  Social media and the internet has taken instant communication and caused it to leap ahead in a quantum fashion.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 08:13:34 PM »
One has to wonder whether this feral police activity is a recent phenomenon, or has it really been the status quo for a long time.  Social media and the internet has taken instant communication and caused it to leap ahead in a quantum fashion.
Yep. I think the "good old days" of Officer Friendly involved a lot more broken skulls and unsolved deaths at the hands of police than people want to imagine.

But, of course, some police still "make a stomping motion" at the heads of cuffed suspects today.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 08:15:51 PM »

Not really.

Think of all your father's stories of cops knocking people about.  Watch "The Untouchables" and really look at what those cops are depicted doing.  Hell watch "Law and Order" and see how many rights are violated.

Cops have taken illegal shortcuts, beat and killed people, and framed people they "knew" were guilty forever. What has changed is that folks don't automatically see the victims as scum anymore. We've stopped taking the cops (sometimes implicit) word that they deserved it.  And as that trust in our cops judgement breaks down so does our tolerance of their excess.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 08:51:09 PM »

I had one cop who worked in Chicago for awhile tell me he couldn't take it anymore. Some cops would go joyriding on Saturday nights in the black parts of town, pick up some guy, and just beat the hell out of him in one of the vans, then drop him on the street.

There's been other instances I know of, one involving my brother. I think it was a lot more common than people think. We had cops take the newspapers we were selling, and which we'd paid for, just because they were critical of the chief. Small stuff, I know, but indicative of bigger things.

The time I was detained for murder was because my buddy's father didn't pay off the cops, so they harassed patrons of his bar frequently.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 09:50:19 PM »

Before everyone had a cell phone that could record video such incidents could easily be whitewashed. The brother officers would all file reports that showed the unwarranted brutality never happened, so IA could then neatly wrap up all the complaints by determining that they were lies.

Now? The camera don't lie, Baby.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 10:21:18 AM »
. . . We had cops take the newspapers we were selling, and which we'd paid for, just because they were critical of the chief. Small stuff, I know, but indicative of bigger things.
I believe this.

When I lived in Chicago, a painting depicting then-mayor Harold Washington wearing women's underwear was briefly exhibited at the Art Institute - until police arrived, without warrant or court order, to confiscate it.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 03:39:50 PM »
Not really.

Think of all your father's stories of cops knocking people about.  Watch "The Untouchables" and really look at what those cops are depicted doing.  Hell watch "Law and Order" and see how many rights are violated.

Cops have taken illegal shortcuts, beat and killed people, and framed people they "knew" were guilty forever. What has changed is that folks don't automatically see the victims as scum anymore. We've stopped taking the cops (sometimes implicit) word that they deserved it.  And as that trust in our cops judgement breaks down so does our tolerance of their excess.
Yep. Example I've heard about from here in Viking-land: the "phone book treatment": Grab person "deserving of a beating", take phone book, place over kidneys, use batons to beat the crap out of the phone book. Hurts like hell, doesn't leave any marks.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 11:19:18 AM »
I must have blinked and missed it.  Hard to believe they would do it with and angry crowd around.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 12:10:52 PM »
Before everyone had a cell phone that could record video such incidents could easily be whitewashed. The brother officers would all file reports that showed the unwarranted brutality never happened, so IA could then neatly wrap up all the complaints by determining that they were lies.

Now they just announce that "the officer acted appropriately" and refuse further comment.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 02:20:29 PM »

High degree of centralized information flow. In ye old days, they stuck to beating, killing, extorting or raping folks that were not buddies of the newspaper, mayor, priests or chief. Respectable folks knew to look the other way. Not like there was hard evidence anyways.

Now? You can livestream video or photos. My phone automatically (and in real time) backs up pictures taken by my camera to my Synology NAS at home, the connection is encrypted by SSL. My Synology NAS encrypts the entire archive in AES-256 and backs that up to Amazon S3. Now, the feds have the pull to physically snag all those devices in a relatively short amount of time. But there's no local law enforcement agency that realistically could do the same. If I worried about the feds kicking in my door, I'd set up file storage services with someone based in Russia or China.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 02:40:34 PM »
My Synology NAS encrypts the entire archive in AES-256 and backs that up to Amazon S3.

How tricky could it be to get full-res screencaps at, say 4/sec posted to BayImg and/or audio/video to BayFiles within a minute or two of the NAS receiving a video?  Even if you can't script it in the NAS itself, a cheap old Linux box could do it just fine.  Better than a lot of security camera videos, and near impossible for .gov to get rid of any quicker than they might be able to get the Swedes to move.  Use Mixmaster to mail the list of URLs to a suitably safe address in case they do come after your home hardware. 

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 03:50:05 PM »
How tricky could it be to get full-res screencaps at, say 4/sec posted to BayImg and/or audio/video to BayFiles within a minute or two of the NAS receiving a video?  Even if you can't script it in the NAS itself, a cheap old Linux box could do it just fine.  Better than a lot of security camera videos, and near impossible for .gov to get rid of any quicker than they might be able to get the Swedes to move.  Use Mixmaster to mail the list of URLs to a suitably safe address in case they do come after your home hardware. 

All NAS these days are just cheap old Linux boxes with pretty front ends.   =D
Even if they weren't, which they already are, they could easily be made into cheap old Linux boxes with aftermarket firmware.

It's trivial. There's apps for every OS already for synchronizing files across networks. It can be the entire spectrum from fancy custom scripts to rock simple apps like Google Drive or Dropbox. No need to push it through BayImg or whatnot unless you want them to be publicly seen.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 04:52:35 PM »
No need to push it through BayImg or whatnot unless you want them to be publicly seen.

That's more for difficulty of removal.  If they did have a way to force BayImg to take stuff down, they'd have vastly higher priorities than your abusive cop pics.  It also simplifies redistribution, since you need only make sure some trusted third party has access to the URL list.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 05:06:51 PM »
That's more for difficulty of removal.  If they did have a way to force BayImg to take stuff down, they'd have vastly higher priorities than your abusive cop pics.  It also simplifies redistribution, since you need only make sure some trusted third party has access to the URL list.

*shrug*

You're going to need a script or program that handles BayImg's API. I'd prefer to stick to merely file transfer stuff. Maybe 5% of the complexity of dealing with someone's personal API, and pretty much guaranteed never to change (unlike some web site's API). But honestly, up to you. I'm very much not saying you're wrong, I'm merely saying it's just more work and less stable than other solutions.

I'd argue some kind of BayImg or Imgur or other public photo site is only preferable if you're being targeted by feds or whatnot. If you're Julian Assange, sure, makes sense, the extra work and lack of stability is a cost of doing business.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
I must have blinked and missed it.  Hard to believe they would do it with and angry crowd around.
I missed it too. Best I've seen was a reporter said "he appeared to make a move towards the suspects head"
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2014, 06:03:37 PM »
My phone automatically (and in real time) backs up pictures taken by my camera to my Synology NAS at home, the connection is encrypted by SSL. My Synology NAS encrypts the entire archive in AES-256 and backs that up to Amazon S3.

Can you explain exactly what setup you are using to make this happen?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2014, 08:51:28 PM »
Can you explain exactly what setup you are using to make this happen?

Samsung Galaxy S3, Synology DS212j

I installed my own certificate for extra security, but it isn't required. Set up DDNS and quickconnect. I use DS Cloud for syncing because of quickconnect, but you could use any file sync utility. 

On the NAS, I use cron, openssl and rsync. There is an Amazon S3 glacier app, but I am reusing the script I wrote for my linux servers.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2014, 09:43:46 AM »
I missed it too. Best I've seen was a reporter said "he appeared to make a move towards the suspects head"

The attack was obvious, unnecessary and done with impunity.  The victim was admitted to the hospital with head and neck wounds.  The cop went out of his way to stomp the victim in the face.  I don't think police brutality is new, and I doubt there's any more of it going on now than there ever was.  What's different now is the means to electronically film the abuses, and widely disseminate those images quickly.  I predict that most police departments will continue to make little more than token attempts to change, and eventually they will reap what they sow.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2014, 11:30:04 AM »
Can you tell me what the rough time stamp was when it occurred in the video?  I really don't want to listen to that guy preaching about it the whole video.

I am still curious what happened before.  The video starts with two cops wrestling him to the ground with him obviously resisting.  What sort of confrontation or struggle occurred earlier.  This video only tells a small piece of the story.  Did all his injuries occur solely because he got stomped or did he hurt himself or get hurt before?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2014, 11:33:37 AM »
Can you tell me what the rough time stamp was when it occurred in the video?  I really don't want to listen to that guy preaching about it the whole video.

I am still curious what happened before.  The video starts with two cops wrestling him to the ground with him obviously resisting.  What sort of confrontation or struggle occurred earlier.  This video only tells a small piece of the story.  

I watched it with the sound off. I rarely care to hear the talking heads. It's around the 1:40 to 1:43 mark. The actual smashing is obscured by an onlooker, but the wind up and the reaction of the police officer right beside the victim was not.

So, you don't actually see the foot hit. You see it picked up and start heading down and then the cop beside the guy going "What the heck!?!?" to the other officer. (Note: I cleaned up the language.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2014, 01:50:46 PM »
Mechag, I'm sure you're right that more occurred than is in the video.  Upon a closer viewing I noticed the guy being arrested reached into a back pocket and tried to hand something off to another bystander.  It's hard to tell, but it looks like it succeeded.  This is in the first 7 seconds of the video. 

Whether the victim was being rightfully arrested or not, the officer that stomped on him was in the wrong to do so.  The stomp occurred after the citizen was already subdued; the stomping officer had walked away from the struggle and was not being called back to assist the other officers; it was unnecessary. 

Maybe it's the first time this officer let his temper get away from him.  Maybe he's normally an exemplary officer.  Regardless, he did lose control, and more than likely there will be no repercussions for him or for the department.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht