Author Topic: Firefly Marathon  (Read 3763 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Firefly Marathon
« on: May 29, 2011, 08:33:58 AM »
I am not sure who is interested, but the Science Channel has a Firefly marathon going right now.  They have been showing episodes on Sunday's few a little while.  Now they have a marathon starting.  The current episode is the first I believe with the passengers boarding on some world.  It looks like they just started.

http://science.discovery.com/tv-schedules/series.html?paid=48.15725.132340.41048.1
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 08:37:17 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jim147

• friends
Re: Firefly Marathon
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 12:09:04 AM »
Between the dog snoring and the wife eating popcorn, it's a good thing I've seen every episode a few times.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 01:09:31 AM »
At my house, it is usually the wife snoring and the dog eating popcorn.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 06:00:39 AM »
At my house, it is usually the wife snoring and the dog eating popcorn.

My wife and my dog can do both....and they often snore at the same time.....  ;/
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 11:42:04 AM »
There were some episodes shown last night that I don't think were in my boxed set, which I have lent out.  Am I remembering incorrectly?
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 12:22:45 PM »
Sin don't have Science Channel. :(

Sin do have boxed set. :)

Now, where Sin put grenades?  =D
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 12:39:51 PM »
There were some episodes shown last night that I don't think were in my boxed set, which I have lent out.  Am I remembering incorrectly?

What happened in these episodes? Perhaps they were showing the Serenity feature film?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 07:59:59 AM »
The one that struck me as missing from the boxed set was one in which Jubal Early gets on board Serenity to capture River.  River escapes to Jubal's ship, and starts playing mind tricks on him.  I know it's been shown, because others have sig lines with dialogue from the episode.  I just don't remember it.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

slugcatcher

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 08:33:40 AM »
The one that struck me as missing from the boxed set was one in which Jubal Early gets on board Serenity to capture River.  River escapes to Jubal's ship, and starts playing mind tricks on him.  I know it's been shown, because others have sig lines with dialogue from the episode.  I just don't remember it.

That episode is in my boxed set.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 10:45:56 AM »

That's on the last DVD in the boxed set.

Unless there is some collection that only includes the aired episodes, you should have it too.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 11:44:24 AM by makattak »
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 11:08:35 AM »

That episode is in my boxed set; maybe it's always been there.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 02:56:55 PM »
Thanks.  Since I don't have it at hand, and it's been some years since I ran thru them, I can easily beliave I just forgot.

"Little man loved fire"

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 03:02:38 PM »

Yep, it's the very last episode.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 03:08:08 PM »

Yeah, here I am.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 05:44:55 PM »
Yep, it's the very last episode.

I don't think of myself as a lion.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 08:17:25 PM »
I don't think of myself as a lion.

But your mother knew ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin