Author Topic: not sure where this belongs  (Read 3766 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
not sure where this belongs
« on: November 13, 2011, 09:59:23 AM »
so lets try here\
http://www.poyi.org/63/11/02.php

marines wife's last nite before she buries him
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: not sure where this belongs
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 10:56:45 AM »
so lets try here\
http://www.poyi.org/63/11/02.php

marines wife's last nite before she buries him

Its not politics, just fine here.  And any one who makes it political is going to get a vacation in banned camp.

:'(
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 12:08:41 PM »
Even though it's "old" news, it still belongs.

Semper Fidelis cuts both ways.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 12:13:13 PM »
Now -- dang it -- I have got something in my eye ...... :'(

Semper Fi.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

grampster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 12:19:43 PM »
Well, one hopes that the Marines didn't hand him over to Dover and have parts of him thrown into a landfill. :mad: :mad:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 01:21:15 PM »
All that comes to mind is how touching that was, on her part, and on the part of the Marines that continued to stand watch over the both of them.  Beyond that, I am at a loss for words.

Semper Fidelis cuts both ways.
You are absolutely right, vaskidmark.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 02:07:50 PM »
Dang cheap monitor's gettin' fuzzy again ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 02:43:42 PM »
No words here.....
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 05:36:22 PM »
While this is "old" news, it never gets old.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 06:03:14 PM »
Somehow, before I even clicked the link, I knew what picture it was.  But I clicked it anyway, because I needed to remember what Veteran's day actually means.   To those that have served, or are currently serving - THANK YOU

And yeah, I must need glasses or something - whole dang room is fuzzy.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 07:18:49 PM »

That is a hell of a lady...

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 07:24:11 PM »
That is a hell of a lady...

+ infinity!
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 12:13:05 AM »
Somehow, before I even clicked the link, I knew what picture it was.  But I clicked it anyway, because I needed to remember what Veteran's day actually means.   To those that have served, or are currently serving - THANK YOU

And yeah, I must need glasses or something - whole dang room is fuzzy.

Speaking as a veteran, this picture (and story) are NOT what Veterans' Day means. Memorial Day is the day we remember those who died in the line of duty. Veterans' day is the day we honor those veterans who were fortunate enough NOT to batch the golden BB.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 12:26:59 AM »
Speaking as a veteran, this picture (and story) are NOT what Veterans' Day means. Memorial Day is the day we remember those who died in the line of duty. Veterans' day is the day we honor those veterans who were fortunate enough NOT to batch the golden BB.

I disagree Hawk.  We honor all Veterans on Veteran's Day and then on Memorial Day we honor especially those that gave all.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 12:49:19 AM »
I thought Memorial Day was the day we got all upset about people wishing us "Happy Memorial Day."  ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 12:52:56 PM »
I'd appreciate if the thread veer is saved for another thread.  Make a new veteran's day VS. Memorial day thread if you want to pick nits.  Ill be back in a few hours after a bile ride and trip to the gym, don't test me.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, 06:57:44 PM »
I'd appreciate if the thread veer is saved for another thread.  Make a new veteran's day VS. Memorial day thread if you want to pick nits.  Ill be back in a few hours after a bile ride and trip to the gym, don't test me.

"bile ride"???  (sorry, couldn't resist)

Back on topic - I have to admit I've been getting choked up all weekend every time I think about this picture and the accompanying story.  

Damnit, happening even right now as I try to type this -

I know she will likely never see this, but thank you, Mrs. Cathey, for *your* sacrifice.

And thank you to those Marines, who stood watch over her and her husband.  Right now I could not be prouder of any member of this nation's military.  

And if God ever finds Himself in need of an Honor Guard - I can think of no finer choice than the Marines who stood watch that night.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 07:01:29 PM by AmbulanceDriver »
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy