Author Topic: Adam Kokesh planning loaded rifle protest march into DC  (Read 26959 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Adam Kokesh planning loaded rifle protest march into DC
« on: May 03, 2013, 06:13:40 PM »
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/internet-radio-host-organizing-loaded-rifle-march-washington

According to Salon, Kokesh is trying to get 1,000 people to march from the Virginia side of the Potomac River into DC while openly carrying loaded rifles. The march would take place on July 4th, 2013. The protestors may not face problems in Virginia where gun carrying laws are less stringent, but they would likely run into problems in DC, where carrying guns openly is illegal.

Probably with those evil 30rd magazines too.

Meet in VA where such things are not illegal, congregate, march across into DC.

In the spirit of Jonathan Parker, to not fire first and to peaceably turn around and return home if blocked from the planned route.

Interesting.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Adam Kokesh planning loaded rifle protest march into DC
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 07:01:28 PM »
not wise
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 07:07:14 PM »
Are ya going AZ?

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 07:10:08 PM »
Are ya going AZ?

Nah, I'll be back on the west coast again by the time Independence Day comes around.  Somewhere between Seattle and AZ, not sure exactly where.  The hope is to be back home by July 1, but maybe as late as July 7th or so.  Got a buddy in CA that I'm meeting up with to head east again in late June, go camp in Yellowstone on motorcycles.  Then south from there.

No way I'm crossing the plains a 3rd time this year on a bike.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

• friends
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 07:16:18 PM »
well for any that try it i think they should be glad dc has night court now

and i suspect he can't get many folks to join him.  we'll see if he will go in a small group or bails out
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 07:17:06 PM »
well for any that try it i think they should be glad dc has night court now

and i suspect he can't get many folks to join him.  we'll see if he will go in a small group or bails out

Says right in the article he will only do it if 1000 people actually show up at the rally point to proceed.
--Lysander Spooner

• friends
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 07:23:33 PM »
Says right in the article he will only do it if 1000 people actually show up at the rally point to proceed.

safety in numbers?

a principle should be a principle

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 07:26:37 PM »
This is obviously a publicity stunt with a message. A message of defiance.

But I am left wondering, defiance against what? For not passing the BC/national registry bill?

I think there is a time when this tactic is useful. But not sure if this is the right time, not on the eve of victory at the federal level. I think this would make a lot more sense in NYC.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 07:35:31 PM »
safety in numbers?

a principle should be a principle

Principle doesn't feed your family, or keep you from getting curb stomped by the police.
Look, tiny text!

• friends
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 07:38:33 PM »
publicity stunt/gesture

those can keep the checks coming
or the bitcoin

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 07:45:42 PM »
One also has to believe that the system is still subject to peaceful change.   =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 04:45:55 PM »
What a tool. There is a time an a place for an armed march on DC, but it's not yet and I assume that it will announce itself rather than be a facebook thing. Hell of a lot more than 1,000 then I hope. This thing is just asking for someone to fire a shot whether a loon, or a planted loon, so we can have continuous news feed of the crazy white militia that is attacking the government.

Lexington and Concord, the authorities were in trespass, not the other way around. Has to happen like that.

Furthermore, how many will get clipped by the VA state and Arlington police for violation of VA's assault weapons code? For VA's large urban areas it does not restrict possession, but manner of loaded carry. Big take-away is more than 20rd mag=nyet. Absurd, but on the books. The phrase that pays is "equipped with at the time of offense." What does that mean? No takers for the test case if that means only in the gun, or is a spare large magazine sufficient to be "equipped."
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 05:12:11 PM »

Sounds like an excuse to wimp out.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2013, 10:57:15 PM »
The Bonus Army had way more than 1000 people.
I promise not to duck.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2013, 09:33:32 AM »
The Bonus Army had way more than 1000 people.

And look how that turned out ...

Wasn't it Patton or MacArthur that massacred them  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2013, 09:52:02 AM »

Wasn't it Patton or MacArthur that massacred them  ???
Both

MacAthur with the 12th Infantry Regiment and 3rd Calvary Regiment and Patton with some tanks
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2013, 10:04:27 AM »
 It'll be law enforcement with tanks this time.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2013, 10:37:09 AM »
It'll be law enforcement with tanks this time.

That is a sad reality.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2013, 12:39:36 PM »

Along with Eisenhower.
--Lysander Spooner

• friends
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2013, 12:50:00 PM »

massacred?
  how many is a massacre?
  is there some alternate history taught in the usa?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2013, 12:56:48 PM »
massacred?
  how many is a massacre?

The Bonus Army was the popular name of an assemblage of some 43,000 marchers—17,000 World War I veterans, their families, and affiliated groups—who gathered in Washington, D.C., in the spring and summer of 1932 to demand early cash-payment redemption of their service certificates. Its organizers called it the Bonus Expeditionary Force to echo the name of World War I's American Expeditionary Force, while the media called it the Bonus March. It was led by Walter W. Waters, a former Army sergeant.

Quote from: same as above
On July 28, (1932) U.S. Attorney General William D. Mitchell ordered the veterans removed from all government property. Washington police met with resistance, shots were fired and two veterans were wounded and later died. Veterans were also shot dead at other locations during the demonstration. President Herbert Hoover then ordered the army to clear the veterans' campsite. Army Chief of Staff General Douglas MacArthur commanded the infantry and cavalry supported by six tanks. The Bonus Army marchers with their wives and children were driven out, and their shelters and belongings burned.

Visit the Wiki article for the complete story.  It didn't happen in the Twilight Zone it happened in America, "land of the free, home of the brave."  [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2013, 12:57:25 PM »
massacred?
  how many is a massacre?

Boston only took 5 with 6 injured.

Bonus Army was 4 dead, 1000+ injured.

Surely you're not a Tory sympathizer?

--Lysander Spooner

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2013, 01:00:41 PM »
massacred?
  how many is a massacre?

More than one ?

:P

Those who forget their history are doomed to be snarked by csd.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2013, 01:06:51 PM »
Kent State Massacre had 4 dead and 9 wounded.
--Lysander Spooner

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2013, 01:10:12 PM »
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/massacre

the act or an instance of killing a number of usually helpless or unresisting human beings under circumstances of atrocity or cruelty