Author Topic: Adam Kokesh planning loaded rifle protest march into DC  (Read 26962 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Adam Kokesh planning loaded rifle protest march into DC
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2013, 01:16:01 PM »
Kent State Massacre had 4 dead and 9 wounded.

your phrase for the day  jackson state
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2013, 01:19:00 PM »
in the history i learned dc cops killed first 2.

and number 4 was a kid died of enteritis
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2013, 01:19:36 PM »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

• friends

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2013, 05:23:51 PM »
your phrase for the day  jackson state

OK, so I searched that phrase, came up with this from Wiki:

A group of around a hundred African-American students had gathered on Lynch Street (which at the time bisected the campus) on the evening of Thursday, May 14 to protest the United States invasion of Cambodia during the Vietnam War.[2] By around 9:30 p.m. the students had started fires, thrown rocks at motorists and overturned vehicles, including a large truck. Firefighters dispatched to the scene quickly requested police support.

The police responded in force. At least 75 Jackson police units from the city of Jackson and the Mississippi Highway Patrol[3] attempted to control the crowd while the firemen extinguished the fires. After the firefighters had left the scene, shortly before midnight, the police moved to disperse the crowd then gathered in front of Alexander Hall, a women's dormitory.

Advancing to within 50 to 100 feet (15 to 30 m) of the crowd, at roughly 12:05 a.m., officers opened fire on the dormitory.[4] The exact cause of the shooting and the moments leading up to it are unclear. Authorities claim they saw a sniper on one of the building's upper floors, and were being sniped in all directions. Later two city policemen and one state patrolman reported minor injuries from flying glass[5] and an FBI search for evidence of sniper fire was negative.[6] The students say they did not provoke the officers. The gunfire lasted for 30 seconds, and at least 140 shots were fired by a reported 40 state highway patrolmen using shotguns from 30 to 50 feet. Every window on the narrow side of the building facing Lynch Street was shattered.[5]

The crowd scattered and a number of people were trampled or cut by falling glass. Phillip Lafayette Gibbs, 21, a junior, and James Earl Green, 17, a senior and miler[5] at nearby Jim Hill High School, were killed; twelve others were wounded.

???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

• friends
Re: Re: Adam Kokesh planning loaded rifle protest march into DC
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2013, 05:39:23 PM »
dig a lil more. find the cop radio transcripts.
jackson state came way closer to being a massacre.
and it fell way short.
though massacre makes a better soundbite. its pelosi style
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2013, 06:04:31 PM »
dig a lil more. find the cop radio transcripts.
jackson state came way closer to being a massacre.
and it fell way short.
though massacre makes a better soundbite. its pelosi style

;/  Sure, let me get right on that. You can spout cryptic little clues all you want. It doesn't exactly fill people with a burning desire to put together your little puzzle.

I've never heard of this incident. According to the Wiki page, they were starting fires and assaulting people. Unless Kokesh is planning to go that route, I don't see how it's relevant. AZR brought up Kent State, I think, because it is referred to as a massacre, with fewer casualties than the Bonus Army fiasco. Which is supposed to school you on the use of the term "massacre."

So, anyway, what is your point?

• friends
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2013, 06:42:20 PM »
http://www2.kenyon.edu/Khistory/60s/webpage.htm

or try the 11 students bayoneted at university of new mexico

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2013, 06:50:25 PM »
 So CSD is providing links that the.gov had a history of massacring  people? I think we all knew that.  [popcorn]

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2013, 07:11:22 PM »
So CSD is providing links that the.gov had a history of massacring  people? I think we all knew that.  [popcorn]

He's hoping that if he posts a bunch of links, and mentions other things to "back him up," that we will think he has a point.

He's more cryptic than longeyes, at times.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2013, 08:18:12 PM »
So CSD is providing links that the.gov had a history of massacring  people? I think we all knew that.  [popcorn]

Kent state, etc, are small potatoes.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2010/02/the_chemists_war.html
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2013, 10:01:11 PM »
Here's what will happen:

A thosand people will not even pledge to appear at the event, much less turn up, and therefore Kokesh will have an excuse not to do it.

Were Kokesh a man, and if he really wanted to engage in civil disobedience, he'd simply, say, file own the front of his shotgun by an inch or two, and dare BATFE to arrest him. Then he'd go to prison, like Edward P. Luty did, and write from prison about his ordeal.

All this is is publicity and attention-seeking.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2013, 10:09:36 PM »
Here's what will happen:

A thosand people will not even pledge to appear at the event, much less turn up, and therefore Kokesh will have an excuse not to do it.

Were Kokesh a man, and if he really wanted to engage in civil disobedience, he'd simply, say, file own the front of his shotgun by an inch or two, and dare BATFE to arrest him. Then he'd go to prison, like Edward P. Luty did, and write from prison about his ordeal.

All this is is publicity and attention-seeking.

and cashflow
some of the no shows will send money   to "raise awareness"

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2013, 10:16:12 PM »
So,  on the Jackson state tangent,  you point at that for an example of " They had it coming"??   

No sympathy for violent mobs here, sorry.

• friends
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2013, 10:33:02 PM »
So,  on the Jackson state tangent,  you point at that for an example of " They had it coming"??  

No sympathy for violent mobs here, sorry.
i need to find the radio transcripts.  they were special. even for mississippi at that time

and the round count was impressive     as was getting every single window on that side of bldg.
i'll see if i can dig out a book and reference its sources

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2013, 10:50:45 PM »
Three people were stabbed at a Catholic mass in Nuevo Mejico.

Was that a massacre  ???

=D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2013, 10:56:12 PM »
Three people were stabbed at a Catholic mass in Nuevo Mejico.

Was that a massacre  ???

=D

Ask the expert  \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2013, 12:46:50 AM »

Ask the expert  \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

Bzzzt! Not a massacre. Custer and friends were an armed military unit. They didn't get massacred. They got pwned.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2013, 01:02:23 AM »

Bzzzt! Not a massacre. Custer and friends were an armed military unit. They didn't get massacred. They got pwned.

Gave up the high ground and lacked fire superiority.  Pwnd for sure.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2013, 05:28:07 AM »
Gave up the high ground and lacked fire superiority.  Pwnd for sure.
Way to uppity, underestimated his enemy, and left his heavy weaponry behind.

Had he had a shred of respect for his enemy and traveled at an appropriate speed so his bigger toys could have been used may have been a much different story.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2013, 11:08:51 AM »

We sooooooooooooooooooo need a sarcasm smiley..... ;/

Call it what you will.  The army at the time refered to it as a "massacre" because the Plains Indians didn't take prisoners, they simply slaughtered all the vanguished.  They certainly did that in one respect; at the Little Bighorn, all five companies of 7th cavalry that rode with Custer, Companies C,E,F,L, & I, were killed to the last man.
The rest of the 7th, under Captain Benteen & Major Reno, were trapped atop what is now "Reno Hill" for two days until the The Terry/Gibbon column arrived.
It seems unreasonable by today's standards to refer to it as a "massacre" mainly in light of the fact that it was the 7th that attacked the Indians, then lost the fight.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2013, 11:22:38 AM »
Way to uppity, underestimated his enemy, and left his heavy weaponry behind.

Had he had a shred of respect for his enemy and traveled at an appropriate speed so his bigger toys could have been used may have been a much different story.

Custer left the Gatling Guns behind for a reason -- not necessarily a bad one.  They traveled in caissons which were heavy & clumsy.  There was more than one incident when trying to drag them uphill the caisson would break free, roll back down the hill, bowling over cavalry horses, soldiers and  supply wagons.
Also, the Gatling would not necessarily have been as effective as most people imagine given the terrain on the battlefield.  It was a terrain broken by hills and coulees, and the Gatling is a "line of sight" weapon just like a rifle.  Interestingly the Indians' bow & arrow was here, an advantage, since they could be launched in masse on a ballistic trajectory over a protective hill, to rain down on unprotected soldiers, who would be in no position to return fire.
Ironically, had Custer brought the Gatlings it may very well have saved the expedition -- but not in the way you mean.  Had Custer been delayed by taking the Gatling Guns and been able to meet up with General Terry's column, they might -- MIGHT -- have been able to prevail.
Custer understood his enemy pretty well, all things considered.  What he didn't understand, nor could any one with him save his Crow Indian guides, was the singular and unique fact that the Sioux Indians were expecting and prepared for an attack, and well prepared for it.  This undercut the normally effective army strategy Custer was employing at the Little Bighorn.  It was one he'd used at Washita very successfully.
As for Custer being "uppity," I suppose one has to admit that given what his own behaviour throughout his career betrays, yet it would be a mistake to believe Custer had the market of "uppitiness" in the U.S. Army cornered.  Plenty of other officers -- especially so  the younger ones who'd earned their reps and their ranks in the front lines of the Civil War were the same.  Custer was just so much better at it.......

Gave up the high ground and lacked fire superiority.  Pwnd for sure.

No, actually Custer TOOK the high ground, atop what is called "Battle Ridge," and especially on a hill at the end now called "Custer Hill" (there's a memorial there now).  The Indians called this "Seizing the Sky," and it has both offensive and defensive purposes -- though for Custer at the time it was purely defensive.
His men did lack fire superiority; the single shot Springfields they had outranged the Indians' Winchesters but this was irrelevant; the Winchesters repeating firepower was pretty decisive -- and historians believed there were more Winchester-equiped Indian warriors there than troopers under Custer.  
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 11:44:44 AM by TommyGunn »

• friends
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2013, 11:23:59 AM »
today it would be a " less than optimal miltary option initated by onsite miltary command structure without consultation with the chain of command"

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2013, 01:14:33 PM »
Don't forget about the tank crew they had come in and help.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_7th_Is_Made_Up_of_Phantoms

[popcorn]
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2013, 01:20:23 PM »
Don't forget about the tank crew they had come in and help.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_7th_Is_Made_Up_of_Phantoms

[popcorn]

You mean  [tinfoil], not  [popcorn], don't you?   ;)