Author Topic: The Pope goes full retard  (Read 15650 times)

brimic

• friends
The Pope goes full retard
« on: May 19, 2016, 11:08:02 AM »
http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/18/pope-francis-spreading-the-gospel-is-no-different-than-waging-jihad/

In an interview published Tuesday with France’s La Croix, Pope Francis argued that Jesus’ call to spread the Gospel differs little from the jihad waged by radical Islamic terrorists.

The pope explained how ISIS’ “war of conquest” has bred a non-justified fear of Islam among Western countries.

“I don’t think that there is a fear of Islam as such but of ISIS and its war of conquest, which is partly drawn from Islam,” he told La Croix. “It is true that the idea of conquest is inherent in the soul of Islam.”

“However, it is also possible to interpret the objective in Matthew’s Gospel, where Jesus sends his disciples to all nations, in terms of the same idea of conquest.”

I don't think the Pope 'gets' the Gospel or Christianity at all.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: The Pope goes full retard
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 11:11:39 AM »
 :facepalm:

words fail me
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 11:13:41 AM »

Pope Francis argued that Jesus’ call to spread the Gospel differs little from the jihad waged by radical Islamic terrorists.

Hmmmmm.  I'm trying to remember ....did Jesus, the Apostle Paul (or any of the others) go around beheading apostates?   Drowning them in  cages?  Raping young female apostates?    
I DON'T THINK SO.

Nutcakery everywhere today...... :facepalm:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 11:22:19 AM »
Well, there was that little Inquisition thing...

And something about "Gott mit uns" tickles my memory...
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 11:25:15 AM »
Really? ;/
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 11:51:18 AM »

So you agree with the Pope......because one country was torturing people and stuff for a while.  I guess you think the US Civil War was the same since the soldiers commonly prayed before battle also.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 11:54:07 AM »

Maybe (re)reading the great commission found at the end of the first two gospels will clear up your confusion. The book of Acts details how the great commission was understood and obeyed by the apostles.

The inquisitions were a Roman Catholic deal that has zero scriptural basis. It is impossible to find in the New Testament any rationality for state let alone church based violence to further the message of Jesus Christ.

Preach, teach and baptize.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 01:06:33 PM »
Many things are holy, but few holy men are.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 01:17:11 PM »
I find it ironic that while so many are enamored with their SJW'y leftist Pope, the only way he could come to the positions he has in the face of Catholic doctrine, if is he's really just the pragmatic "old school" kind of priests throughout history who went into religious service not out of piety or whatnot, but merely because it was an avenue for social and political power.
I promise not to duck.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 01:57:59 PM »
I find it ironic that while so many are enamored with their SJW'y leftist Pope, the only way he could come to the positions he has in the face of Catholic doctrine, if is he's really just the pragmatic "old school" kind of priests throughout history who went into religious service not out of piety or whatnot, but merely because it was an avenue for social and political power.

He's the Obama of Popes.

Barack Obama

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 02:05:04 PM »
Nothing from that Marxist surprises me.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 04:08:44 PM »
He's the Obama of Popes.

More like the Bill Clinton of Popes. Not in the rapey sense, but in the triangulation sense.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 04:19:39 PM »

More like the Bill Clinton of Popes. Not in the rapey sense, but in the triangulation sense.

As far as we know... All of the rapey rapiness at the Dioces level has been kept under close wraps for years, can't imagine what goes on in secret at the vatican.

Barack Obama

grampster

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 04:48:08 PM »
The present pope is a child of liberation theology which is more of political stance than a Christian one.  He is more of a follower of Marx than of Christ.  If one is a bit intellectually vacuous, one could get confused about Christianity VS Marxism.  I believe he is confused due to where he has spent his life.  In addition his warped view of Christianity vis a vis Marxism could easily cause him to see parallels with Islam which is actually a political system disguised as religion which what liberation theology is.

Liberals in the church have been salivating over getting a man such as this pope into power for many decades.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2016, 05:08:08 PM »
Liberals in the church have been salivating over getting a man such as this pope into power for many decades.

Meh. As I understand it, he's really nothing like what "liberal" Catholics want. Unless I'm mistaken, he toes the church's line on abortion, an all-male priesthood, birth control, Sodomy, and so on...

He does seem to be pretty backward on economic issues, of course.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 05:17:07 PM »

Unless I'm mistaken, he toes the church's line on abortion, an all-male priesthood, birth control, Sodomy, and so on...

I'm thinking he maintains a very thin veneer of Catholic Canon/Doctrine at best, and at worst, flaunts his disdain for the Church.
His actions and statements are very similar to what used to come out of a very much disliked local (to me) Bishop (Rembert Weakland) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rembert_Weakland. That former bishop took every opportunity to offend or go against the grain of the Church, play inter-parish shell games with pedophile priests, and it also later came out that he had embezzled hundreds of thousands of dollars from the Dioces to pay blackmail money to a Seminary Student he had relations with decades ago.

Everything fits in the same mould that Grampster explained above.

Barack Obama

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2016, 06:15:23 PM »
he has not strayed far from his communist roots.  This pope is a danger to his flock, and to the rest of the Western world as well.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: The Pope goes full retard
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2016, 06:20:29 PM »

Meh. As I understand it, he's really nothing like what "liberal" Catholics want. Unless I'm mistaken, he toes the church's line on abortion, an all-male priesthood, birth control, Sodomy, and so on...

Well I will be damned

This is correct in the opinion of this cradle mackerel snapper

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

grampster

• friend
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2016, 06:35:22 PM »

He ain't out of office yet.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2016, 06:45:04 PM »
Huh.  This is kind of a popcorn event for me, but I gotta say that does seem like a what the actual *expletive deleted*ck? kind of moment.

If I were to [Devil's advocate] for a sec:
Most of the nastier stuff in Christianity's early expansion periods is considered, as was mentioned above, to be people not understanding the message, or twisting it for personal gain or to fit preconceived ideas of right, so things like the Inquisition, and drowning of witches and burning of heretics is more a bad Christians than bad Christianity.

The current left/SJW narrative is that Islam is in that stage, where the religion itself is good and peaceful, like Christ's, but there are bad men using it for gain.  

That is, I think, the Pope's poorly translated point.
[/Devil's Advocate]

That, of course, conveniently ignores the plain text of the Koran (which doesn't have a New Testament to temper it), the cultures that accept and practice Islam, and it's actual practice in most countries were it is dominant and/or ascendant.  But no one will calm him racist or Islamophobic.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2016, 06:52:58 PM »
My wife, the dyed in the wool Catholic, said today, "he isn't MY Pope!"

`nuff said...
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2016, 08:41:25 PM »
Most of the nastier stuff in Christianity's early expansion periods is considered, as was mentioned above, to be people not understanding the message, or twisting it for personal gain or to fit preconceived ideas of right, so things like the Inquisition, and drowning of witches and burning of heretics is more a bad Christians than bad Christianity.

I would tweak that statement a bit, in that the events you mention weren't in "Christianity's early expansion period." Those came later. I agree on your overall point, though. I think.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2016, 09:11:49 PM »
I confess I'm not a scholar of Christian history.  I tend to think of anything middle ages and before as "early Christianity".  So I guess the inquisition was after that a tic.  As were much of the European witch hunts.

I guess the Christians mostly calmed down after about 1600-1650?  But they didn't really start expanding into Europe until what, 500 or so?

So a better descriptor probably would be "Middling corrupt up phase"

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2016, 12:03:44 AM »
I confess I'm not a scholar of Christian history.  I tend to think of anything middle ages and before as "early Christianity".  So I guess the inquisition was after that a tic.  As were much of the European witch hunts.

I guess the Christians mostly calmed down after about 1600-1650?  But they didn't really start expanding into Europe until what, 500 or so?

So a better descriptor probably would be "Middling corrupt up phase"

:laugh:  I don't know about that. To hear some tell it, the Catholics and Orthodox are still persecuting the Protestants in some parts of Latin America, and Eastern Europe, and there are witch-hunts in Africa these days.

But to look at it another way, the truly zealous, fired-up Christians are actually doing what Christ taught: loving their enemies, feeding the helpless, denouncing hypocrites, doing good works, etc.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2016, 12:41:30 AM »
I'm not a Catholic, so I'm getting pretty tired of having to point out that people are taking his statements out of context in order to be offended.

“It is true that the idea of conquest is inherent in the soul of Islam.”

Sounds really PC liberal to me all right.

His point, making the gigantic leap to assume it was translated accurately, seems to be that people are warping the Koran to justify terrorism, and that some people could do something similar to the Bible. He's not saying they are the same thing.

Now, that is a pretty silly point and if it was being accurately represented and criticized I'd be joining in. But the whole "ZOMG the Pope doesn't view Ayn Rand as a co-equal member of the Trinity so everything he does must be horrible!!!" freakout gets tiresome.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.