Author Topic: I'm floored......  (Read 26424 times)

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
I'm floored......
« on: November 08, 2016, 10:27:59 PM »
NY Times currently reporting 82% chance of a President Trump.....

When they started this afternoon at 80% chance for President Clinton.

And it appears that everyone is refusing to call FL even though >99% of votes are counted and Trump holds a 1.5% lead in that state.....

Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Re: I'm floored......
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 10:32:15 PM »
Oh, and Trump has a freaking 11+ percent lead in OHIO????

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 10:33:15 PM »
To be fair, the media's pretty gunshy about calling anything in Florida. :)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 10:33:27 PM »
Oh, and Trump has a freaking 11+ percent lead in OHIO????

only 67% of the results are in.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 10:35:34 PM »
Fox has called Ohio for trump with 78%

I just hate these teasers that give us a glimmer of hope only smash the dream at the last minute.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 10:37:08 PM »
I'm flabbergasted myself.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 10:37:32 PM »
Fox has called Ohio for trump with 78%

I just hate these teasers that give us a glimmer of hope only smash the dream at the last minute.

That's what happened with the Virginia "results". It went from red to blue in a blink of an eye.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 10:40:50 PM »
I'll breath easier when Florida is called for Trump.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 10:42:29 PM »
NYT just upped their place to 91% for Trump
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 10:45:33 PM »
"That's what happened with the Virginia "results". It went from red to blue in a blink of an eye."

Yep. The large population centers -- Fairfax, Arlington, Loudoun, and the Tidewater region tend to report later than the more rural areas. The rural areas are generally pretty red.

But the *expletive deleted*ing carpetbagger liberal aholes who *expletive deleted*it all over their nests in Maryland and decided that Northern Virginia looked like a great place to create the "New Maryland" over the last 20 years have descended on us like a plague of locusts.

They're why we have that carpetbagger ahole liberal scum Terry "Raise taxes everyone gets Medicaid ban guns!" McAuliffe as governor.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 10:45:37 PM »
FOX call NC for Trump

Samuel Adams

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2016, 10:46:31 PM »
I really didn't see that coming.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2016, 10:46:55 PM »
I just heard on Fox Business that FL won't get called for a long while yet. Gun shy I reckon. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2016, 10:47:29 PM »
"That's what happened with the Virginia "results". It went from red to blue in a blink of an eye."

Yep. The large population centers -- Fairfax, Arlington, Loudoun, and the Tidewater region tend to report later than the more rural areas. The rural areas are generally pretty red.

But the *expletive deleted*ing carpetbagger liberal aholes who *expletive deleted*it all over their nests in Maryland and decided that Northern Virginia looked like a great place to create the "New Maryland" over the last 20 years have descended on us like a plague of locusts.

They're why we have that carpetbagger *expletive deleted*hole liberal scum Terry "Raise taxes everyone gets Medicaid ban guns!" McAuliffe as governor.

What if everyone who voted Johnson had voted trump?
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2016, 10:48:12 PM »
Now 93%....

Holy crap....

I've been sick to my stomach all day.   Because frankly, as much as I don't like Trump, the thought of Hillary as president scared the ever loving snot out of me.   Especially if the dems won a majority in the senate....    

Trump is not perfect.  Hell, he's not even all that good.

But Hillary is downright evil.  And I did not want to trust her with two, maybe even more, SCOTUS nominations

ETA:

Just for grins, I was gonna go look at DU and see how the liberal angst was.....  Turns out they got hacked and hacked hard this afternoon, likely won't be back up until tomorrow.   The angst  on their FB page is pretty tasty though....  :D

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2016, 10:48:56 PM »
Well, what's the math say? Looks like Johnson bled off enough votes in Virginia to throw the state to Clinton.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2016, 10:49:40 PM »
"  Because frankly, as much as I don't like Trump, the thought of Hillary as president scared the ever loving snot out of me."

Right there with you.

But... Trump also scares the ever living hell out of me.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2016, 10:50:24 PM »
Well, what's the math say? Looks like Johnson bled off enough votes in Virginia to throw the state to Clinton.

Yep.

Vote your conscience (to elect someone with no conscience)!
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2016, 10:50:31 PM »
Where are you guys seeing this percentage estimator for the New York Times?

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2016, 10:51:09 PM »

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2016, 10:53:01 PM »
Holy crap, that thing is predicting 300 electoral college votes for Clinton...

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2016, 10:55:45 PM »

They're why we have that carpetbagger *expletive deleted*hole liberal scum Terry "Raise taxes everyone gets Medicaid ban guns!" McAuliffe as governor.

Oh I know how it works. That's why I'm skeptical of some of the states getting called right now and am using the NYT results page. They have the percentage of how much of the state has reported in. I'm looking at that rather than who they are calling it for.

I will say that I'm happy with my local race for House. Nah nah nah, you anti gun witch.  :P

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2016, 11:00:04 PM »
West Coast prelim numbers are due in a few minutes. The big news is that they're saying that at this point the CA numbers won't matter much. That is huge for Trump. It's really gonna come down to a few nailbiter states.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2016, 11:00:23 PM »
>95%

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2016, 11:00:37 PM »
You've got to remember, not all states vote the same way, nor do all major metro areas always report late.

They predict what's happening/going to happen in a state not just by percentage of the vote that's in, but WHERE that vote's coming from. That's how they can make those predictions. The major metro areas in Virginia have reported late for decades, where as in Pennsylvania it's generally the more rural areas that have reported late because of the distances involved getting votes from the outlying parts of the county.

I covered elections in Pennsylvania as a reporter in a rural county (Mifflin) and you could accurately set your watch on Philadelphia and Pittsburgh being about 3/4 reported before the last of the Mifflin County ballot boxes were finally delivered.