Author Topic: NFCU?  (Read 3984 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Re: NFCU?
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2009, 07:30:01 AM »
I don't know. I'm a business and my customer base is determined by how well / quickly the customer pays up. Meaning I treat the good payers like gold and the slow ones might not ever see me back. Regardless of what's going on in the rest of their client base I believe those of us who paid more than the minimums on a regular basis for years and years should be given some consideration. Not just lumped in with the deadbeats. My biggest credit problem is I have several that are over half the value of the card. Want to know why? Because I consolidated higher rates onto lower rate cards. That's what they've been pushing, no? Now they're using it as a excuse to say my credit score no longer measures up, even though a year ago it was pretty good and has improved. What's happening now is those of us in that particular boat are pretty pissed about it and will basically pay the stuff down one way or another and then thay can all go **** themselves for good reliable customers.

It reminds me of the resturant business. It seems every place I ever cooked for, as soon as they told you to cut portions you knew the place was going under. Soon as you cut portions customers stop coming in and if you're already having $ trouble well, losing customers is not a good way for things to go.

Another thing they pulled. Now it seems that whatever you pay over the minimum goes to pay higher rate balances, so what did they do? Raised the minimums even more, of course. The NFCU card, for years every month it said my minimum was $0, zip, nada. Because I always paid so much more than the minimum, which I did last month as well. Just got the bill. My minimum this month is $331. I usually pay even more than that every month so what have they accomplished other than  making it harder for me to pay down that small low rate balance so I can start wacking away at the higher rate? Too bad for them. The low rate balance is almost gone and, oh dear, I've stopped making purchases on their card.
Avoid cliches like the plague!