Author Topic: Vikings! MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK  (Read 5814 times)

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Vikings! MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK
« on: February 26, 2014, 09:21:28 PM »
History Channel (269 for DirecTv subscribers), Thursday, Feb 27, at 2200 Hrs. That 10pm for the non-military minded.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 10:10:30 PM by jamisjockey »
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

brimic

• friends
Re: Vikings!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 08:13:59 AM »
Yes!!!!
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 08:50:41 AM »
I have never seen this, although I have seen the abundant commercials while watching H2 at night.  Is the show any good, like a documentary, or is it some sort of soap opera in a Viking setting?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 09:36:42 AM »
here's a clip with their unofficial theme song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH47hQlX7j4

:laugh:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 10:39:42 AM by geronimotwo »
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 09:57:40 AM »
I have never seen this, although I have seen the abundant commercials while watching H2 at night.  Is the show any good, like a documentary, or is it some sort of soap opera in a Viking setting?

If by soap opera you mean a show with abundant ax fights, random brutality, human sacrifice, looting, and power struggles, then yes.

Barack Obama

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 10:19:12 AM »
If by soap opera you mean a show with abundant ax fights, random brutality, human sacrifice, looting, and power struggles, then yes.

What about sex and nudity  ???

:P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 10:33:28 AM »

Fair bit of that, too. Perhaps a bit too much, given the venue. Show is definitely VDA.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 11:06:41 AM »

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 12:25:17 AM »

I'm going with viking soap opera. Big drama tonight was the head viking dudes kid ratting him out to the Mrs. the the head viking dude was tapping some other viking chick. Then the wife gets to meet the knocked up girlfriend. There was also quite a bit of hacking and slashing and blood splattering scenes.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 12:29:26 AM »
I'm going with viking soap opera. Big drama tonight was the head viking dudes kid ratting him out to the Mrs. the the head viking dude was tapping some other viking chick. Then the wife gets to meet the knocked up girlfriend. There was also quite a bit of hacking and slashing and blood splattering scenes.

And your complaint is?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 02:58:46 AM »
Need less "drama", more gratuitous sex, violence and nudity.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 08:42:10 AM »
OK then.

stay safe.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2014, 09:02:37 AM »

There was an earlier episode where the wife- acting as a judge, had a case brough before her where a man complained about his wife who had a baby after she slept with some stranger.... She told the man that the baby was a gift from some certain god and that he would be put to death if any harm came to the baby or wife.

Barack Obama

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2014, 09:57:15 AM »

:cool:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 05:40:44 PM »
I think the series is awesome.  The best part is the theme song.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 06:04:26 PM »

Is it equal to the first season of Sparticus on the gratuitous sex, violence and nudity department? Because if so, I shall have to add it to my TV show DVD list.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2014, 06:11:00 PM »
Is it equal to the first season of Sparticus on the gratuitous sex, violence and nudity department? Because if so, I shall have to add it to my TV show DVD list.

violence yes, nudity no because it is not on a pay channel.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2014, 06:49:50 PM »
I think the series is awesome.  The best part is the theme song.

You mean this isn't the theme song?!?!?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjlJBmwF3PI
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2014, 06:57:56 PM »
Vikings had SLR cameras? (1:21)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2015, 02:13:16 PM »
1 year old necromancy!!!

This series kicks ass.

Spoilers may follow.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2015, 02:56:38 PM »
1 year old necromancy!!!

This series kicks ass.

Spoilers may follow.

It's holding up well. Violence, sex, politics and backstabbery, social mythology and colorful characters. Basically a Dark Ages House of Cards.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re:
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2015, 04:22:38 PM »
I'm still liking this series. It hasn't managed to *expletive deleted*ck itself.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2015, 05:44:21 PM »
I'm up to the current episode.  I smell war coming.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Vikings! MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2015, 09:18:46 AM »
I'm up to the current episode.  I smell war coming.
I am  few episodes behind right now.  Whatever they do, Katheryn Winnick needs plenty of camera time.   =D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 10:11:11 PM by jamisjockey »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jamisjockey

• friend
Re: Vikings! MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2015, 10:11:31 PM »
*expletive deleted*ck Paris!  This gon be gud!
JD