Author Topic: "Gun Violence"  (Read 620 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"Gun Violence"
« on: February 20, 2019, 08:43:11 PM »
Are we taking bets on how long it takes for this to be reported as gun violence?

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/02/20/gun-three-injured-in-panic-after-actor-with-hamilton-prop-pistol-is-mistaken-for-active-shooter/

Otherwise, there's a comical aspect to me, given that it's that stupid Hamilton play and that it happened in San Francisco.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: "Gun Violence"
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 08:50:29 PM »
Lots of soiled panties that night
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 09:43:04 PM »
Ya know -- it's more than a little disheartening to contemplate that apparently most of the audience DIDN'T know that Hamilton was killed in a duel -- or that they didn't know that dueling pistols are used for, like, dueling.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 09:46:02 PM »
P.S.H. by weenies.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 10:12:11 PM »
People, you're in a Democratic stronghold, in a state with very gunsensible gun laws - how can you not understand that gun laws will keep you safe? No one can shoot you in San Francisco! The laws protect you!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 09:05:25 AM »
It also appears no one gave the poor lady that had a heart attack some CPR.  The audience was so deep into "active shooter RUN!" they didn't notice the "victim" wasn't bleeding, and actually needed help.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 09:35:15 AM »
So I'm assuming a "gun" was being shown on stage at the moment of the "gun shot" which begs the question, what where these people doing during this part of the play, looking at their phones?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes