Author Topic: We're sorry  (Read 811 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
We're sorry
« on: March 09, 2023, 07:04:55 PM »
They just didn't want to face the Corn Pop slayer

A note from their bosses, written in Spanish, was left with the henchmen apologizing for the killings and claiming they were happy to hand over those responsible.

They claimed the assassins - who were part of the notorious Scorpions splinter group - operated outside of 'cartel rules' and 'condemn' the attack, adding 'the CDG has always respected the life and integrity of the innocent'.

'The Gulf Cartel's Scorpions Group strongly condemns the events of last Friday, March 3 where unfortunately an 'innocent' working mother died and 4 American citizens were 'kidnapped' of which 2 died,' the Spanish-written message read.

Five Gulf Cartel assassins who kidnapped The Tummy Tuck Four - killing two - are tied up and dumped in the street with a note from cartel bosses APOLOGIZING to the four South Carolina families
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11840535/Mexican-cartel-turns-five-members-kidnapped-four-Americans.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
Re: We're sorry
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 10:23:49 AM »
Well now, are the drug cartels worried about retribution after all these years of killing Americans with their illegal trade in drugs, human trafficking, murdering,  etc., etc,. etc.....?

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 01:14:47 PM »
Well now, are the drug cartels worried about retribution after all these years of killing Americans with their illegal trade in drugs, human trafficking, murdering,  etc., etc,. etc.....?

Woody

Sen. Lindsey Graham is demanding Mexico get the cartels under control or else we will designate them as terrorist organizations.  He's even threatening military action against the cartels if Mexico cannot bring them to heel.
Legislation has been filed in the Senate to facilitate designating the cartels as terrorist orgs.  I wonder how many folks will vote against the legislation in both houses of Congress?  It might give us an idea about how many of our congresscritters are on the cartel payrolls.. 
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2023, 01:16:32 PM »
Sen. Lindsey Graham is demanding Mexico get the cartels under control or else we will designate them as terrorist organizations.  He's even threatening military action against the cartels if Mexico cannot bring them to heel.
Legislation has been filed in the Senate to facilitate designating the cartels as terrorist orgs.  I wonder how many folks will vote against the legislation in both houses of Congress?  It might give us an idea about how many of our congresscritters are on the cartel payrolls..

We should also list Mexico as a state sponsor of terrorism.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2023, 01:55:06 PM »
I mean, I guess Mexico is a better war than Russia or China, but their logistics would be a lot easier than our recent enemies and wars have been.  Might see some no bullshit strikes on US territory.

Do we round up Mexicans like we did the Japanese?  FEMA camps, or what?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2023, 02:44:01 PM »

:rofl:

You mean actually have ICE do its job?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2023, 02:45:49 PM »
We should also list Mexico as a state sponsor of terrorism.

^^^ This! Absolutely.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2023, 04:46:26 PM »
I'm in favor of any reason to keep the A-10 in service.  [ar15]
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2023, 04:50:02 PM »
I'm in favor of any reason to keep the A-10 in service.  [ar15]

Popped up this morning

A-10 Warthog Retired By 2029
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9iv1v9WRSo
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2023, 04:53:03 PM »
I mean, I guess Mexico is a better war than Russia or China, but their logistics would be a lot easier than our recent enemies and wars have been.  Might see some no bullshit strikes on US territory.

I doubt military strikes against Mexico would go over well in this country, at least among those on the left side of the political spectrum.  Not to mention we have many millions of folks highly sympathetic to Mexico residing in this country, both legally and not so legally.
I think we'd have an active fifth column of folks making our lives randomly miserable on this side of the Rio Grande if we made any serious military moves against the cartels south of the border.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2023, 05:15:34 PM »
Wouldn't really need military strikes.
Catch a cartel member in the US illegally. Verify status through the court system.
Return to Mexico via aerial repatriation. Load 'em up in a C-130 or similar. Fly them over a known and previously positively identified cartel location, preferably the head guy's hacienda and "send them home". No need for expensive parachutes or costly and time consuming landings and take offs.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2023, 05:20:00 PM »
Meh, I'm not sure there'd be a full on ISIS level insurgency in the states, but maybe.  Several hundred thousand Americans know what that looks like on the ground, and in my saltier moments after some bourbon I think it might be interesting for the some homebound hawks to see it up close.

The southern border is a real issue, not just because of the human trafficking, but also the drugs and the foreign assets coming over.  I'm not sure that it's a bad idea to fire up the military to fix that problem, although there are likely to be real downsides and unexpected consequences so I'm not ready to go all "Rah, Rah, release the JDAMS"

I just thought I'd point out that that's what we're talking about here.  US military attacks on targets inside a sovereign country that has not approved them.  That's a war.  It's exactly how we started the last one.  Mexico has (checks wiki)  352,553 active military personnel and 98,653 reserves.  Throw in the cartel muscle, and some random others that'll show up for the fight, call it 600,000 with 70's-80's gear and no real Air Force.  We could take them, but the enemy does get a vote, and we would probably loose some folks pushing far enough into Mexico to put the boots on ground needed to clear out the cartel leadership.

Is that really on the menu?. 

Wouldn't really need military strikes.
Catch a cartel member in the US illegally. Verify status through the court system.
Return to Mexico via aerial repatriation. Load 'em up in a C-130 or similar. Fly them over a known and previously positively identified cartel location, preferably the head guy's hacienda and "send them home". No need for expensive parachutes or costly and time consuming landings and take offs.

And when that C-130 eats a S-300 or AMRAAM for violating Mexican airspace?  Then what?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2023, 05:25:44 PM »
Yes, much better we just accept the status quo and carry on.
 ;/ ;/ ;/
 :rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vf3K6J2fps

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2023, 05:32:34 PM »
Tell me you didn't read my post without telling me you didn't read my post.

Here.  Let me help:

Meh, I'm not sure there'd be a full on ISIS level insurgency in the states, but maybe.  Several hundred thousand Americans know what that looks like on the ground, and in my saltier moments after some bourbon I think it might be interesting for the some homebound hawks to see it up close.

The southern border is a real issue, not just because of the human trafficking, but also the drugs and the foreign assets coming over.  I'm not sure that it's a bad idea to fire up the military to fix that problem, although there are likely to be real downsides and unexpected consequences so I'm not ready to go all "Rah, Rah, release the JDAMS"

I just thought I'd point out that that's what we're talking about here.  US military attacks on targets inside a sovereign country that has not approved them.  That's a war.  It's exactly how we started the last one.  Mexico has (checks wiki)  352,553 active military personnel and 98,653 reserves.  Throw in the cartel muscle, and some random others that'll show up for the fight, call it 600,000 with 70's-80's gear and no real Air Force.  We could take them, but the enemy does get a vote, and we would probably loose some folks pushing far enough into Mexico to put the boots on ground needed to clear out the cartel leadership.

Is that really on the menu?. 

And when that C-130 eats a S-300 or AMRAAM for violating Mexican airspace?  Then what?

But hey, *expletive deleted*ck it, lets go.  A war is an ever popular way to distract from the failings of the current administration, can help the economy, and Mexico is easier that Russia or China.  What's the worst that can happen? 

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2023, 06:59:45 PM »
I think we all know what a hostile incursion into Mexico could produce. That doesn't eliminate the fun of spit-balling giving the cartels the they deserve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQnD0X2cQmo

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2023, 07:06:03 PM »

Samuel Adams

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2023, 07:54:00 PM »
In my dream world, we designate the cartels terrorist organizations.  Tell Mexico we will cut off trade and tourism unless they allow us authority to pursue and engage these terrorists with spec ops units, and allow JSOC to prepare and prosecute target packages with extreme prejudice.  When terrorists wake up to SEALS kicking in the door and wracking everyone, they might just think twice.  Honestly, when I read the apology letter, I was wondering if this was what they feared.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2023, 08:01:30 PM »
I could see old Joe doing something along those lines as a distraction
- Calvin and Hobbes

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2023, 02:46:33 AM »
 I saw the reaction by L.G as  a signal that the cartels are making to much money and have too much power and our politicians are not getting "a piece of the action"
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2023, 10:02:05 AM »
A good first step I think is some warehouses in China have accidents. Or a ship carrying precursors disappears in the pacific. Or a pill press factory in mexico which is likley small and in a residential neighborhood gets a drone strike.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2023, 02:02:30 PM »
A good first step I think is some warehouses in China have accidents. Or a ship carrying precursors disappears in the pacific. Or a pill press factory in mexico which is likley small and in a residential neighborhood gets a drone strike suffers an unexplained, catastrophic explosion.

Fixed it for you.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2023, 08:40:02 PM »
This could be a time to consider doing something sane, like legalising drugs.

The cartel probably genuinely doesn’t want bad press more than any fear of retribution  - they make all their money off of the millions of happy and willing customers they have in the USA.

There isn’t a Mexican fifth column to worry about, there are just millions and millions of people who want to buy drugs and probably won’t support a policy that makes them unavailable.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2023, 05:06:14 PM »
A good first step I think is some warehouses in China have accidents. Or a ship carrying precursors disappears in the pacific. Or a pill press factory in mexico which is likley small and in a residential neighborhood gets a drone strike.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter   >:D
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2023, 05:11:09 PM »
Some of you guys need to reread: