Author Topic: My hometown makes me proud  (Read 1152 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
My hometown makes me proud
« on: July 15, 2013, 09:51:05 AM »

http://lancasteronline.com/article/local/872026_Lancaster-teen-Temar-Boggs-hailed-as-a-hero-in-5-year-old-s-abduction.html

Lancaster teen, Temar Boggs, 15, and his friends helped their community and police search for a missing girl. Found her in a car with a suspected pedophile, which caused the pedophile to dump the girl and flee. Temar Boggs and his friend Chris Garcia carried the girl back to the police.

His take on the situation?  "I'm just a normal person who did a thing that anybody else would do," he said.

Good lad, who deserves a standing ovation. Hopefully the scumbag that kidnapped the girl is caught soon.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: My hometown makes me proud
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 10:18:54 AM »
Unfortunately we have a black kid and a hispanic kid working together to save a white girl, plus the cops involved raided no one and shot no dogs so I doubt this getting much national media attention. We got riots to promote.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 10:35:14 AM »
Unfortunately we have a black kid and a hispanic kid working together to save a white girl, plus the cops involved raided no one and shot no dogs so I doubt this getting much national media attention. We got riots to promote.
You forgot one...

Vigilantes!
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 03:15:39 PM »
well raised young man
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 03:21:03 PM »

^^ Win!
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 03:30:02 PM »

Yea, Lancaster isn't always so rosy, we have roving Amish terrorists and Amish crack rings. But there's plenty of good folks too.

Edit: Hungry typo
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 03:48:04 PM by RevDisk »
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 03:46:00 PM »
But there's plenty of food folks too.

Oh great. A town full of snooty gourmet types. I'll pass.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 03:59:31 PM »
We could use more like that young man.

Bravo, Sir.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 04:13:52 PM »
If I sent you the monrey, would you take him and his mother out for the best steak dinner the area has to offer?  (If he's got others at home let me know so I can pay for their dinner, too.)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 06:06:03 PM »
Yea, Lancaster isn't always so rosy, we have roving Amish terrorists and Amish crack rings. But there's plenty of good folks too.

Edit: Hungry typo

Pretty soon you're gonna have Amish biker gangs:

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 07:02:51 PM »
Pretty soon you're gonna have Amish biker gangs:

Yeah, and low rider Amish buggies.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 01:26:10 PM »
And drive by shootings:

clip-clop clip-clop Bang! clip-clop clip-clop ...
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin