Author Topic: This is why monkeys aren't allowed in polite society  (Read 7451 times)

mtnbkr

• friend
This is why monkeys aren't allowed in polite society
« on: October 17, 2011, 06:36:49 AM »
What do you do when someone brings a monkey to your office?
http://phlegmfatale.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-which-mattg-said-with-simian-zeal.html

Chris

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: This is why monkeys aren't allowed in polite society
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 06:53:50 AM »
I am not sure which bothers me more - that someone would have such an experience on their bucket list or that they would presume that others did as well. [tinfoil]

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 07:04:27 AM »
Sounds like a normal day at my office.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 07:05:04 AM »
This Capuchin monkey thing is just creepy.

I saw a Discovery show a while ago where they treat these things like children, and call them 'forever babies'.

They belong in zoos, period.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 07:09:04 AM »
As an honorary [sic] member of monkey kind, I take offense to the tone of this article toward my simian brothers.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 07:15:12 AM »
This cracked me up:
You might give the child a pen and paper to draw, or perhaps a pack of razor blades
:laugh:
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 07:28:09 AM »

If we have a monkey board at the shop, I think i'll call in sick that day.

I am also of the opinion that such creatures belong in zoo's only.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 07:33:43 AM »
If there was ever a monkey that needed a spanking...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 07:43:14 AM »
I have heard/read of them being trained to assist the handicapped.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 07:59:20 AM »
I have heard/read of them being trained to assist the handicapped.

So have I, but I don't recall wanking as one of the required skills.  Then again, someone who is sufficiently handicapped might need some assistance...

Chris

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 08:46:17 AM »
Leave it alone with a canister of tear gas and wait.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 11:24:13 AM »
Leave it alone with a canister of tear gasfragmentation hand grenade  and wait.
FIFY.  =D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 11:28:11 AM »
Masturbating Capuchin monkeys are why God created BB pistols.......
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 11:50:20 AM »
They belong in zoos, period.

I am also of the opinion that such creatures belong in zoo's only.

How about in the wild?

The Capuchin service critters I have seen, one in person and a few others on film, have been amazingly disciplined, focused very tightly on their task, and not a problem.
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 11:54:48 AM »
"No matter how responsible he seems, never give your gun to a monkey"

http://youtu.be/dUyOUvY651c
"It's good, though..."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 12:02:47 PM »
I, too, have a monkey story I may regale y'all with later.  I hate the little effers.

Me: Ma'am, please control your pet.
LM: <prattles on and does nothing to restrain monkey>
Me: Ma'am, restrain your monkey or I will tack it to my desk with my utility knife. <takes our folding knife>
LM: <excited squawking, but no monkey-restraining>
Me: <follows through>

I have, of late, encountered owners who deign not to control their nasty little pets around my kids and let them chase and menace my kids on sidewalks, streets, and on to my own property.  Next time, Fluffy gets a steel toe to the ribs and (hopefully) an abbreviated time on Earth.

Damned illegals and their retarded culture.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 12:06:34 PM »
I, too, have a monkey story I may regale y'all with later.  I hate the little effers.

Me: Ma'am, please control your pet.
LM: <prattles on and does nothing to restrain monkey>
Me: Ma'am, restrain your monkey or I will tack it to my desk with my utility knife. <takes our folding knife>
LM: <excited squawking, but no monkey-restraining>
Me: <follows through>

I have, of late, encountered owners who deign not to control their nasty little pets around my kids and let them chase and menace my kids on sidewalks, streets, and on to my own property.  Next time, Fluffy gets a steel toe to the ribs and (hopefully) an abbreviated time on Earth.

???

I was with you until here:
Damned illegals and their retarded culture.

How's that related?

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 12:09:00 PM »
The obvious answer is that the monkey in the story was NOT a service monkey. The lady was lying.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 12:21:25 PM »
Just depends on what corner of the country you live in, Chris.

I've been chased by a little $hitbag yappy terrier while out for a morning run a couple times.  Damned annoying.  I'm running, listening to my mp3 player, then all of a sudden yippie the fleabag is yapping at my ankles trying to bite my shoelaces.  I turn to kick and yippie is faster than my reflexes.  I can't outrun it, and I can't kick it because it's faster than me in every possible way.  Ultimately it left me alone after about 2 blocks of this behavior.  Tempted to pull the PF9 on it, but didn't want the hassle.  If I were a kid, I'd be terrified, though.  

Dog belongs to a Mexican household that doesn't do a good job keeping it inside or in the backyard.  No tags on it.  I know which house.  Got money for rims for a flashy SUV, but not enough to license the dog and repair the hole in the fence from whence it emerges.  

Illegals?  Probably.  It's Mesa (damned close to a sanctuary city as far as AZ is concerned), they're hispanic, and it's about a 30% shot that any hispanic person in AZ is an illegal alien (there's about half a million in our State as residents, and untold numbers "passing through" to the north).  There's 6.3 million people in AZ, and 29% of them (1.8 million) are hispanic.  

Source:  http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/04000.html

And that's out of people that bother to answer the census, and aren't just migrating through AZ on their way to CO/UT/NV/OR/WA/ID/etc.  Never mind that many (most?) illegals don't answer the census, and that number could be 40-50%.  Arizona is one of 4 gateway States for the entire illegal immigrant train, and those 12 million illegals came through one of four States at some point.

Might not run into that in VA or wherever it is that you live, but illegals bring poorly maintained lives with them.  Nasty anklebiting dogs being one of those things.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2011, 12:24:49 PM »
The obvious answer is that the monkey in the story was NOT a service monkey. The lady was lying.

But it could be a servicing monkey.  [barf]
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2011, 12:50:07 PM »
<snip>
Might not run into that in VA or wherever it is that you live, but illegals bring poorly maintained lives with them.  Nasty anklebiting dogs being one of those things.

Interesting.  We have a ton of Hispanics, legal and otherwise, in my area, but they all seem to keep their dogs on leashes.  I seldom (ie once or twice a year) see unleashed dogs about.  Of those, only two in the ten years I've been here were not with their owners.

Chris

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, 01:04:33 PM »

Absolutely.

But the "service animal" thing is easy to get away with. When I worked at Wal-Mart I was specifically briefed that if somebody said an animal of ANY type was a service animal, we could not question them. So someone could bring their pet in and say it was a service animal and we couldn't say boo. We didn't really have any problem with it because that was not widely known. I don't know if there was a similar policy at other big box stores.

We do have a real problem at work with people bringing their dogs into the visitor center. Generally it's the people who think their little ratdogs are like their children.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2011, 01:21:56 PM »
Could always get a Vietnamese family to move in.  Take care of stray animal problem for you.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2011, 01:29:09 PM »
AZR44 could have been describing both my area and the family/families cohabitating with the ankle biters in question. 

Two mini-dachs and one fluffy critter, all of which are brought out into the un-fenced front yard without a leash.  No biggie for a well-behaved dog, but these regularly make a bee-line for folks walking by on the sidewalk. 

A couple times when my kids & I were walking by.  Once when my daughter rode by on her little bike with training wheels, once when my son was scootering by on his...scooter.  This last time, fluffy dog chased him back to our yard and the beast suck its head through my picket fence to yap and snarl.  I could have ended it right there with one kick to the side of its head & snapped its neck on the picket, but I am too much a softy.  Next time, Fluffy gets to meet its Dear and Fluffy Lord.

This household has adults & near-adults without English skills, not to mention the human ankle-biters, and exhibits other traits common (if not solely peculiar to) illegal aliens.  This is not the first time with dog-control problems for this household and other similar households regularly show such traits(1).  No, not every dog problem is the fault of illegals 'round here, but illegals' have a disproportionate number of them. 

This is most likely a cultural artifact brought from Mexico.  If you have spent time down by the border or with many Mexicans near their homes, you would know what I mean.

I have no problem criticizing such "diversity" as culturally retarded.  Putting a man on the moon and shoving a bone through one's nose are not equivalent.

Funny thing is, if I were expressing disdain for white trash culture instead of brown trash culture, nary a peep would have been made about my commentary on their culture.

Could always get a Vietnamese family to move in.  Take care of stray animal problem for you.

BTDT, never asked what was in the wonderful dish they served me, but it sure wasn't chicken.

(1) One of many for this household: they get a cutesy APBT pup.  Through their TLC, it grows into a nasty, vicious SOB and menaced their next door neighbor through/over 4' chain fence.  Neighbor calls cops and tells them next time, he shoots the nasty SOB, as he is on blood thinners and can not risk getting bit and bleeding out in record time.  Cops & animal control examine the situation and tell them to deal with the dog, RFN.  The APBT was lucky, as half of their dogs never make it to adulthood, dying off due to preventable disease, getting out and getting lost (and likely eaten by coyotes).
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2011, 01:46:43 PM »
This is most likely a cultural artifact brought from Mexico.  If you have spent time down by the border or with many Mexicans near their homes, you would know what I mean.
Manassas is about as heavily Hispanic a town as you're likely to get outside of the border areas.  My daughter's 3rd grade class is probably 75% Hispanic.

Funny thing is, if I were expressing disdain for white trash culture instead of brown trash culture, nary a peep would have been made about my commentary on their culture.
True.  In my 38 years on this earth, including all the time spent biking, the vast majority of loose dog incidents have been with dogs owned by 'po white trash'.  I don't know what makes the Hispanics in my area better about this, but they either don't let their dogs run loose or they're extremely well behaved.

I was attacked by a pit bull/boxer mix 30 years ago and still carry scars on the front and back of my head.  I have two small children and a small dog.  I'm *always* on the lookout for dogs on the loose.  In fact, one of the driving forces behind me getting my CCW for the first time over 10 years ago was for protection against feral dogs while out in the woods.  While out for a long walk with my family (and dog) yesterday, I saw 5 dogs, every one on a leash.  Unrestrained dogs just aren't an issue in this heavily Hispanic area.

Chris