Author Topic: This could get Interesting  (Read 54096 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: This could get Interesting
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2014, 08:24:33 PM »
Like many of these situations, it's pretty rare to get into being squeeky clean. But as far a dbags in this situation, he comes of looney but far less dbaggy than some.

There's Bundys side, the Governments side, and somewhere in the middle what actually is going on out there.

very true  sadly ones cause tends to be tainted by the types of folk that flock to it.  rightly or wrongly one is perceived as being similar to them. the minuteman movement is a good example where the loons though a minority colored the public perception. its tough to self police a movement and the moreso when you need warm bodies in the early days
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2014, 11:03:17 PM »
They are trying to eliminate the grazing.  How is that multiple use?

Folks always talk about federal "subsidizing" ranchers and loggers.  How about subsidizing manufacturers of camping gear, hiking shoes, mountain bikes, etc etc etc  ???  ;/

Not all grazing, just reducing areas where grazing pressure either destroys the land or threatens an endangered/threatened species. Much of the BLM land in many states really isn't even suited for jackrabbits.

If the land was productive for grazing/agriculture it would have been snatched up during the homestead years.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

• friends
Re:
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2014, 08:56:03 AM »
Have doubts he's a looney toon?
Try this.   http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/12/war-has-just-begun-bundy-supporters-mobilize-aim-t/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re:
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2014, 09:03:12 AM »
Have doubts he's a looney toon?
Try this.   http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/12/war-has-just-begun-bundy-supporters-mobilize-aim-t/

Where, exactly, is the evidence that he's a "looney toon"?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2014, 10:58:38 AM »
Not all grazing, just reducing areas where grazing pressure either destroys the land or threatens an endangered/threatened species. Much of the BLM land in many states really isn't even suited for jackrabbits.

If the land was productive for grazing/agriculture it would have been snatched up during the homestead years.
"God made this country for the buffalo.  It does pretty good for cows." -GW McLintock  :lol:

The land sorta was snatched up.  Ranchers filed homestead claims on the few water sources which pretty much controlled the surrounding countryside.  But at only 160 acres or so, no one could make a living without water.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re:
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2014, 10:59:23 AM »

Guvner of Nevada is looney too I guess ....   ;/

Honestly, I was sort of with-holding judgement, which was why I wasn't down there.  But if this had gone to a massacre like I believe the blm.gov intended, look out for OKC 2...n   :O
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

• friends
Re:
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2014, 11:01:44 AM »

its in a special code hidden so you might not see it.   look in the area where he demands all the blm guys be disarmed and the guns brought to him.  someones trying to channel porter rockwell way out there

Perd Hapley

• friend
Re:
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2014, 11:27:00 AM »
its in a special code hidden so you might not see it.   look in the area where he demands all the blm guys be disarmed and the guns brought to him.  someones trying to channel porter rockwell way out there

Be realistic, please. It ain't crazy to start the negotiations someplace so far on your side of the fence that the other side will obviously never go there.

Now if he expects it to actually happen, that would be crazy.

If you've been paying attention to the politics of this country over the past several decades, such an incrementalist strategy has worked pretty well for the left-wing. A lot of their looney-tunes ideas are now fact.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2014, 12:34:12 PM »
Nice to see consistency.  c&sd putting on the ol' jackboots again.  ;/ ;/
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Re: This could get Interesting
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2014, 12:44:44 PM »
No he is content for others to wear them.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2014, 01:57:42 PM »
Hey sagebrush can be a might prickly  =D
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Re: Re: This could get Interesting
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2014, 02:51:45 PM »
No he is content for others to wear them.

Somebody has to keep 'em licked.
 =D [tinfoil]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2014, 03:00:45 PM »
I did the math, and the rancher is correct: the most that he could owe in back lease fees is a little over $300K.

And the lease has been in dispute which is why he stopped paying.  If I had had a clearer view of this sooner, I might have even gone down there for a camping trip  :P

The guy has the NV guvner, a bunch of representatives from NV and AZ, plus the local country sheriff on his side.  He must be a real nutcase then  ;/

And now the BLM.gov has surrendered  :cool:  From the pictures it looks like the feds were outnumbered 3 or 4 to 1, and were basically begging to pick up their toys and leave alive.  Next time something like this comes up, there will be even more armed civilians showing up.   =)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2014, 03:32:11 PM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

• friends
Re:
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2014, 03:36:05 PM »
How could the feds be outnumbered? That is in direct conflict with the ranchers and his supporters claims. they mauintain there are 100's of armed feds. so 4 to 1 means 800 to a 1000 "militia". the only images i see show maybe 75 in the crowd including men women children and media

How did you calculate the graze fees?
even if your 300 k base number is close 20 years?  legal fees and penalties?  could top a mill easy.  i hope his kids aren't planning on ranching there. dad likely sacrificed that for em

« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 04:03:37 PM by cassandra and sara's daddy »

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re:
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2014, 04:27:47 PM »
How could the feds be outnumbered? That is in direct conflict with the ranchers and his supporters claims. they mauintain there are 100's of armed feds. so 4 to 1 means 800 to a 1000 "militia". the only images i see show maybe 75 in the crowd including men women children and media
Just basing on numbers in any given picture.  Heck, the "millitia" even had guys up on the bridge with rifles.  Plus the BLM saying "just let us take our stuff and leave."  I guess the feds didn't really want to fight a bunch of guys that would really truly shoot back and weren't all cornered so they could burn them out.  An air strike wouldn't be too popular politically. I-15 was full of rubberneckers.

How did you calculate the graze fees?
even if your 300 k base number is close 20 years?  legal fees and penalties?  could top a mill easy.  i hope his kids aren't planning on ranching there. dad likely sacrificed that for em
1.35*1000*12*20
Hell, the entire rest of the neighborhood is long gone.  They couldn't live off the few cows that they would let them graze anymore.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2014, 04:50:08 PM »
And the lease has been in dispute which is why he stopped paying. 

I can't find much on the dispute, except for several reports that he has lost every time he has gone to court.  As for the county and the governor supporting him, the support seems to be for the situation not ending up in bloodshed.  I haven't seen anything that indicates that they support his position, nor have I found anything that they supported him in the past.  Have they?
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2014, 06:36:29 PM »
Given the public relations butt-kicking BLM just received in Nevada, it's going to be interesting to see what happens in Texas.  They're trying to redraw property boundaries in a way that will effectively seize about 90k acres of ranch and farmland properties along the Red River (Texas/Oklahoma border).

http://www.rfdtv.com/story/25206377/oklahoma-texas-border-dispute-has-ranchers-worried

These shenanigans are happening in Vernon, about 30 miles from my home town of Crowell.  Only in this case it's not a lone potential-crackpot who's already had several days in court and lost, it's a bunch of everyday upstanding community members with lots of friends and a very, very, very supportive local population of several tens of thousands.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

• friends
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2014, 06:41:49 PM »
doubled down on stupid  just seized some of his cows back at gun point and there is video.  i really feel bad for folks who are about to flush a great deal down the toilet

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re:
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2014, 06:48:28 PM »
Wait. Who seized cows? "back" implies some of the protestors took em back from the gov...

Link?
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

• friends
Re:
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2014, 07:12:47 PM »
Wait. Who seized cows? "back" implies some of the protestors took em back from the gov...

Link?
its on face book and info wars link. if they think an armed confrontation is not gonna draw a real response hes even crazier than i thought.  and thats a bunch.  and this time it was the local sheriffs deputies they jacked up.  you know the sheriff that helped him get a deal?  yea hes got a porter rockwell fantasy.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2014, 08:33:43 PM »
OK, dude, I actually went to Infowars, and I see nothing there about a confrontation with the Sherrif's department. No idea which FB page you're talking about.

All I see are the stories about militia types demanding the cattle from the Feds, and the Feds agreeing to it. The militia folk are said to have been armed, but there's no reports of the Feds being "at gunpoint."

So what are you talking about?

• friends

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa

• friends
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2014, 09:02:49 PM »
Which is pretty consistent with what I posted earlier  :facepalm:

er no