Author Topic: Chicago Teacher's Union contract demands...  (Read 81 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Chicago Teacher's Union contract demands...
« on: Today at 10:13:28 AM »
What kind of contract do you demand for your members when they're instructors in one of the least proficient school systems in the entire nation?

How about a $50 BILLION contract that includes free abortions for union members, pay hikes of 9% per year for the next 5 years, and accommodation for illegals?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-teachers-50b-demands-includes-pay-hikes-abortions-migrant-accommodation

Reminds me of the budget that the local school system submitted to the county here about 20 years ago. It was a down time in the local economy, and the county was cutting services. The school chief was told to hold the line on that year's budget.

So, the schools came back with an annual budget demand that was nearly 60% higher than the previous year's...

*expletive deleted*ck muppets.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Chicago Teacher's Union contract demands...
« Reply #1 on: Today at 10:32:52 AM »
Is that for 1 year or multiple?
Says the current budget is $9B up from $7.4B just  5 years ago.
If for 1 holy molly
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: Today at 11:02:19 AM »
No, it's a multi-year contract.

They want $50 billion.

Apparently the entire tax base revenue for Illinois, the entire state, was $50.7 billion last year.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:57:08 AM »
The Chicago school administration is every bit as wretchedly corrupt as the Chicago teacher's union, and has been for many decades. I got to see some of that when I was a high school student at a Chicago public high school back in the '70s.

I very much doubt honesty, integrity, and serving the best interests of students and parents has improved during the intervening years.

How will they handle this? Well, the current mayor of Chicago is a former Chicago teacher's union goon, so if you imagine a terrible outcome . . . you're probably still being an optimist.

But I stopped caring a while back - the people of Chicago know what they want, voted for it, and are now going to get it. Good and hard.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: Today at 01:23:10 PM »
This is one of those conflicts where it's worth remembering you don't HAVE to pick a side

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:01:15 PM »
What kind of contract do you demand for your members when they're instructors in one of the least proficient school systems in the entire nation?

How about a $50 BILLION contract that includes free abortions for union members, pay hikes of 9% per year for the next 5 years, and accommodation for illegals?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-teachers-50b-demands-includes-pay-hikes-abortions-migrant-accommodation

Reminds me of the budget that the local school system submitted to the county here about 20 years ago. It was a down time in the local economy, and the county was cutting services. The school chief was told to hold the line on that year's budget.

So, the schools came back with an annual budget demand that was nearly 60% higher than the previous year's...

*expletive deleted*ck muppets.

Two decades ago the regional (three towns) high school district serving my town did something like that. The proposed budget was voted down by an overwhelming majority in all three towns, so the school board revised it -- and came back with an even higher proposed budget. We set a state record that still stands -- IIRC, the budget was rejected 17 times before finally passing on the 18th attempt. It showed just how little the members of the board of education cared about what their constituents -- the taxpayers -- thought or wanted. They thought they were just going to wait us out.

What actually happened was that the margin of defeat increased with every failed attempt -- as did the percentage of voter turnout. The following election cycle, some of the incumbent members of the school board declined to run again, and I think several others were voted out.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design