Author Topic: Romney and "loop-holes."  (Read 1340 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Romney and "loop-holes."
« on: July 17, 2012, 04:52:38 PM »
So funny to watch the moonbats act all upset that someone merely abides by the tax code.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

drewtam

• friend
Re: Romney and "loop-holes."
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 07:00:00 PM »
Yeah, I don't get it either...

Is a Republican promising to lower taxes supposed to love taxes and voluntarily pay as much as possible?

It seems entirely consistent that he doesn't want to pay taxes, and he wants everyone else to pay less too.

Let me know when the democrat operatives start ignoring deductions, and voluntarily pay extra.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 07:05:37 PM »
Not just that, but the "loopholes" are a part of the law. He was doing (apparently) what the tax code directed. Change the law, if you don't like it, idjits.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 10:21:45 PM »
I don't see Obama writing an extra check to the IRS....

....or Geithner, for that matter....

Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 10:31:55 PM »
Romney should instead release his college records and his birth certificate (actual birth certificate; not a poorly-made artist's rendition)  And maybe his social security card application.   >:D
"It's good, though..."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 01:04:27 AM »
Just like the NAACP thread.

The left loves their Catch-22 talking points about their opposition. Either it's the cognitive dissonance needed to hold logically unworkable leftist viewpoints, or they know, and just don't care, in the nominal wealth-transfer/Robin Hood mentality ends-justify-the-means sort of way.
I promise not to duck.

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 08:01:28 PM »
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM »
Here's the ridiculous part:
Romney is rich. That means, he doesn't do his taxes.
Professional tax accounting firms do. Lawyers and accountants.
Their job is to save their client money by finding the loopholes.
Liberals, they be stoopid.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 10:12:12 PM »
I would like to see the whole Federal Tax code put into temporary status for a year until a new code can be written that does in fact eliminate many of the "loopholes".  Obama likes to reel away at the Oil companies about their loopholes.  The main one is simply a credit for exploration costs that was intended to spur oil & gas exploration and hence future development of new reserves.

The President does not do his taxes either.  He simply reviews what the accountants (CPA's) do and signs it.  The CPA's have liability for illegal deductions and so forth.  If he believes so firmly about paying more, he should simply write a check and he can use it as a campaign issue.  I can write a bigger check than you can...

I dread when 2013 rolls around.  Taxes are likely to go way up.  If Obama is loosing, he won't agree to signing anything other than based on his personal beliefs about a fair share.  It's BS.  But I know taxes are going to go up regardless of whether Obama is president or Romney is president.  But to me, first the government needs to cut costs to the bone and then bring forth the bad news to the American people.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)