Author Topic: Clinton Channels von Clausewitz  (Read 1160 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Clinton Channels von Clausewitz
« on: October 15, 2012, 11:20:39 PM »
Hillary Clinton blames The Fog of War for the Libya intel situation. I'm thinking Carl is spinning in the grave. :)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/15/clinton-takes-responsibility-for-consulate-security-blames-confusion-on-fog-war/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Clinton Channels von Clausewitz
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 12:12:48 AM »
Hillary Clinton blames The Fog of War for the Libya intel situation. I'm thinking Carl is spinning in the grave. :)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/15/clinton-takes-responsibility-for-consulate-security-blames-confusion-on-fog-war/

Topped only by George Armstrong Custer's "Them thar is friendly indians" quote . . . . . . . . . :facepalm:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 05:04:04 AM »
I wonder what it cost Obama to get Hillary to dive under the bus?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 05:51:45 AM »
It may be a masterful move by Clinton. In one admission, she looks more Eisenhower-presidential-like.....and Obama looks more like an Italian cruise ship captain....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 07:48:36 AM »
She [Hillary] fell on her sword and impaled them [obama & biden] in the same blow.
http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/154197/
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 08:36:00 AM »
It may be a masterful move by Clinton. In one admission, she looks more Eisenhower-presidential-like.....and Obama looks more like an Italian cruise ship captain....

much wisdom!!
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 11:27:30 AM »
Yes, she's so wise she's been telling us to ignore Muslim violence and steam ahead toward "democracy."  Who is the real Italian ship captain?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 03:22:24 PM »
Well she was the good soldier and took the fall for her boss. Hmm, seems I remember from my rudimentary military experience that you can delegate authority but not responsibility.

Anyone here think that rumors that an Al Queda aligned group might attack a diplomatic mission would be good enough to make a presidential national security briefing?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 03:37:38 AM by French G. »
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 03:54:58 PM »
Well she was the good soldier and took the fall for her boss. Hmm, sees I remember from my rudimentary military experience that you can delegate authority but not responsibility.

Anyone here think that rumors that an Al Queda aligned group might attack a diplomatic mission would be good enough to make a presidential national security briefing?

What!  And miss a golf game ?   ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2012, 06:52:37 PM »
Yes, she's so wise she's been telling us to ignore Muslim violence and steam ahead toward "democracy."  Who is the real Italian ship captain?

There is more than one ship in that sea.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 01:21:51 AM »
Roo_ster, that "sea" looks more like a very crowded port, than open ocean...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 07:01:41 AM »
Roo_ster, that "sea" looks more like a very crowded port, than open ocean...
but there are still plenty of ships stuck on thr reef.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge