Author Topic: Do any men here like to wear a skirt?  (Read 5667 times)

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
Re: Do any men here like to wear a skirt?
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2006, 08:55:38 AM »
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2006, 09:20:01 AM »
I only wear one when it would match my high heels, eyeshadow, and lipstick. grin
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

grampster

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2006, 10:05:20 AM »
I'd have to say that if one was carrying concealed under the kilt, if one had to draw, one would have a slight advantage over the bg,  shocked shocked especially if one was not wearing any underwear. grin
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2006, 10:45:52 AM »
I have a $ 1500 formal kilt outfit, that I got married in, and a few SportKilts for going to the local Highland games in.  NeoKilts are also popular up here.  And I can carry my J-frames or small autos in a sporran without difficulty.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2006, 10:51:12 AM »
What possible advantage could a skirt have over a good pair of pants or shorts?
What possible advantage could shorts have over pants?
Aside from the obvious taboos against men wearing women's clothes?

Better fit, better comfort, better protection for your legs, pockets, better mobility, no danger of your skirt coming up and exposing bits that oughtn't be exposed, the ability to carry a pistol with a conventional belt/holster, warmth...

I'm not sure how you'd ride your bike in a skirt.

I'm genuinely curious about what you gain when you switch from pants/shorts to a kilt.  I can understand the Scottish folks doing justice to their heritage.  But what on earth does switching to a skirt gain for the rest of us?

Iain

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2006, 11:00:02 AM »
Quote from: HTG
I'm genuinely curious about what you gain when you switch from pants/shorts to a kilt.  I can understand the Scottish folks doing justice to their heritage.  But what on earth does switching to a skirt gain for the rest of us?

Reliable airflow to ensure better testicular conditions. Who knows, perhaps the kilt wearing man freaks will outbreed the rest of us.

Ashamed to admit that it's really only the taboo that HTG mentions that prevents me from considering it. I've worn a skirt before (university days) and it wasn't an unpleasant experience, a more manly cut and design would be preferable as I'd make an awfully unconvincing transvestite these days.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2006, 11:08:37 AM »
All gung-ho British military uniforms aside, I was unaware that shorts had become more masculine than skirts.  I'm still looking for some reason why skirts or shorts are better than long pants.  If a skirt has some advantage, why were women fighting for the right to wear pants? 

FWIW, I have a very low tolerance for hot, humid conditions.  I have worn BDU's from Georgia to Texas to Louisiana, and been perfectly miserable, but never felt the desire to wear short pants or a kilt.  Short sleeves would have been nice. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zahc

• friend
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2006, 11:33:56 AM »
If a skirt has some advantage, why were women fighting for the right to wear pants? 

Well for one thing, pants suit female anatomy better. Also, women didn't relinquish the skirt. They have any options they want. Men don't. Pants are better for most things. However, the chill factor of the skirt cannot be beaten. The only thing keeping me away is the lack of availability and high prices.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2006, 12:10:21 PM »
If a skirt has some advantage, why were women fighting for the right to wear pants? 

Well for one thing, pants suit female anatomy better.
Explain.

I should be more candid.  I know that some men want to wear a kilt just to be different, which is sometimes a good motive.  I would like to know why women wanted the option of pants, though, as I don't really understand that.  I know many women who never wear pants, and they don't seem limited or challenged in any way. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Zoogster

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2006, 01:13:32 PM »
I've read the the Germans in WWII feared the Australians most because they were all lifelong bushman, trackers and crack shots.
Well they wouldn't have to fear that now, as the fighting age young man from Australia in a few years will have grown up in a society where guns, crossbows, knives, etc are illegal and heavily restricted thier whole life and have littled experience in such things undecided

crt360

• friend
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2006, 02:01:16 PM »
I'm still looking for some reason why skirts or shorts are better than long pants.

FWIW, I have a very low tolerance for hot, humid conditions.  I have worn BDU's from Georgia to Texas to Louisiana, and been perfectly miserable, but never felt the desire to wear short pants or a kilt.  Short sleeves would have been nice. 

I think you answered your own question.  Shorts are way more comfortable in hot, humid conditions.  They also allow much more freedom of movement.  You can wade through creeks and continue on without having wet pantlegs slowing you down.  You can swim in them.  If you hop on a bike, the leg of your shorts will not get caught in the chain.  They can have as many pockets as BDU's.

For most people, the only reason to wear long pants is to protect the legs from cold weather (rare here in Texas) and for "dress" occasions.  Some people seem to be uncomfortable with the appearance of their legs - I guess that's another common reason to always wear long pants.
For entertainment purposes only.

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2006, 04:02:37 PM »
Oh, geez, Louise.

I wear long pants when I'm going to be doing something active and don't want to worry about my ass hanging out in the wind.

I wear long skirts around the house because they're comfortable.

I wear short swhen the weather is hot and I have active things to do so I don't sweat as much.

I wear skirts when the weather is not and I'm just lounging around.

I wear skirts because its expected in formal situations.

No one is saying pants are better than skirts or that shorts are better than pants. It's like asking someone to prove a truck is better than a sedan. They're both great, depending on the situation.

doczinn

• friend
ONE THING I HOPE WE ALL CAN AGREE ON:
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2006, 04:13:10 PM »
Pants, shorts, skirts, and kilts are ALL better than "skorts." laugh
D. R. ZINN

brennankg

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2006, 05:19:56 PM »
I've been wearing kilts for a handful of years. I have three; a dress kilt in Carmichael(modern), a Utilikilt in black, and seven meters of Blackwatch for an old-style plaid.

The Utilikilt is great. I wore it all the time in San Diego. I have yet to wear it since we've gotten to Texas (not sure if it'll get me arrested here).
Wink

B.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2006, 05:37:07 PM »
i wear a Pittsburgh Kilt when i play paintball

Its a custom Predator Camo patterned one.
My sporan is a +3 ball deflector
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

brennankg

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2006, 05:42:13 PM »
i wear a Pittsburgh Kilt when i play paintball

Its a custom Predator Camo patterned one.
My sporan is a +3 ball deflector

Are you part of the Stealth Possums team?

I played a scenario game with those kilt-wearing maniacs a few years ago.
Excellent guys.

B.