Author Topic: Wild boars rampage through village  (Read 694 times)

crt360

• friend
Wild boars rampage through village
« on: November 28, 2006, 02:51:04 PM »
"Welcome to Veitshoechheim, visit the beautiful Gardens, see the 17th century palace, enjoy exclusive shopping in our . . . heilige Scheiße, wilde Schweine, Durchlauf!"

Wild boars rampage through village

Tue Nov 28, 7:58 AM ET

BERLIN (Reuters) - A pack of wild boars fleeing hunters went on a two-hour rampage through a small southern German village, biting people and damaging cars and shops.

The weekend mayhem began during morning shopping hours in the town of Veitshoechheim, a police spokesman said Tuesday. Three boars were shot by police, a number of others were killed in traffic accidents and several bit pedestrians.

"One wild boar entered a boutique, scaring the daylights out of a saleswoman," local police said in a statement.

"She tried to hide behind the cash register. When the animal ran out of her shop it smashed the store's inventory, causing 1,000 euros ($1,314) damage." The animals caused further damage to cars amounting to several thousand euros, police added.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/germany_boars_dc

shocked

Apparently some made their way into town by automobile.  grin

I need to see a video for this.
For entertainment purposes only.

Preacherman

Re: Wild boars rampage through village
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 03:34:13 PM »
So the old nursery rhyme is true!  shocked

"This little piggy went to market . . . "

laugh
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Please visit my blog: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/

Dannyboy

• friend
Re: Wild boars rampage through village
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 03:53:43 AM »
Reminds me of a couple similar occurrances while I was in Germany.  The first time, some bozo on OP heard a pack of pigs close to where he was and decided to fire off a few rounds from the 60.  Those damn pigs ran right through our battery TOC.  That was fun.  Lots of grown men running around screaming like little girls.  The second time, I was sitting on top of my launcher and my gunner was about 50m away in our little OP.  I could hear the pigs grunting and squealing and after a bit I got back inside the track.  My gunner banged on the door a few minutes later and when I opened it all I could see were two green orbs from his NVG's.  Freaked me out and I slammed the door in his face.  When it was my turn to go on guard, I told my chief I wasn't going anywhere near the OP.  I pulled guard from the top of the launcher.  About half an hour later, I watched a whole pack of pigs go barrelling through the area I would have been sitting.  That would not have been fun.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.