Author Topic: Sources: Obama Administration to Drop Troop Levels in Iraq to 3,000  (Read 1478 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/06/sources-obama-administration-to-drop-troop-levels-in-iraq-to-3000/

Just dumbfounded as to where those numbers come from.

Have to agree with this:
Lieberman said his first question for the administration is whether the number is one Iraqis had requested or if it was chosen according to other criteria.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Sources: Obama Administration to Drop Troop Levels in Iraq to 3,000
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 03:45:55 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/06/sources-obama-administration-to-drop-troop-levels-in-iraq-to-3000/

Just dumbfounded as to where those numbers come from.

Fourth Point of Contact.  I'm very surprised it's not zero.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 03:49:16 PM »
I would say zero unless the Iraqi government actually wants us there.  Then they need to pay for it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 04:50:41 PM »
The man has GOT to show something working according to his plan.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 05:19:14 PM »
The man has GOT to show something working according to his plan.
Yep. I can't remember the exact campaign promises, but I recall something about getting the hell out of Iraq among them. With the 2012 election coming up, no doubt his constituents are wondering why there's so little change from the Bush years.
I wonder if the source (or the reporter) missed a decimal point? I can see a reduction from 45k to 30k. 45k to 3k is a huge drop.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 05:38:43 PM »
3000 is just a few advisers and/or tech support guys.  Our embassy probably has more people than that.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 09:51:09 PM »
Don't worry, the plan is working fine.  De-stabilize as much of the MENA as possible and promote jihadism wherever possible. 
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.