Author Topic: Budget Problem in Simple Terms  (Read 2165 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Budget Problem in Simple Terms
« on: September 27, 2011, 11:46:25 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/27/tea-party-group-casts-national-debt-as-household-budget/

Breaks the national budget to household numbers most people can relate to.

Income:$21,700
Spending:$38,200
Credit Card Balance:$142,710
Spending Cuts:$385
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Budget Problem in Simple Terms
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 02:15:30 PM »
And who among us does not have at least one relative/friend/aquaintance who not only is in that situation but sees it as something they can live/deal with?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 05:48:53 PM »
you make a very true and sad point
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 09:00:07 AM »
And who among us does not have at least one relative/friend/aquaintance who not only is in that situation but sees it as something they can live/deal with?

stay safe.

The problem va is that this is the Federal Government's balance sheet.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 10:37:01 AM »

stay safe.

But eventually they can't live with it any longer, whether they think they can or not.

The feral.gov at some point has to declare bankruptcy, or something ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 09:34:42 PM »
The feral.gov at some point has to declare bankruptcy, or something

Before they do that they are going to do their damndest to suck up every bit of wealth they can and completely wreck the country.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 04:25:25 AM »
Before they do that they are going to do their damndest to suck up every bit of wealth they can and completely wreck the country.

Haven't they already wrecked the country?

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 09:21:51 AM »
But eventually they can't live with it any longer, whether they think they can or not.

The feral.gov at some point has to declare bankruptcy, or something ???

I have no real problems with that.

As a matter of fact I'd like to propose we establish a consortium that prepares to pick up DoD, at least the BATFE and TSA portions of Homeland Security, and the Coast Guard (not that I have anything against them - I just want to hassle chicks on boats for phone numbers) at the bargain-basement prices they are going to be available at once the .gov goes into bankruptcy.

And if they try to stave off bankruptcy by privatizing, we can work some serious percentages within the JBT-related agencies, and some meaningful tribute sharing from DoD.  Phone numbers stay in-house!

I am seriously concerned that none of you others have seen these possibilities.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 10:04:18 AM »
I have no real problems with that.

As a matter of fact I'd like to propose we establish a consortium that prepares to pick up DoD, at least the BATFE and TSA portions of Homeland Security, and the Coast Guard (not that I have anything against them - I just want to hassle chicks on boats for phone numbers) at the bargain-basement prices they are going to be available at once the .gov goes into bankruptcy.

And if they try to stave off bankruptcy by privatizing, we can work some serious percentages within the JBT-related agencies, and some meaningful tribute sharing from DoD.  Phone numbers stay in-house!

I am seriously concerned that none of you others have seen these possibilities.

stay safe.

Why do you think so much *expletive deleted*it over here in the sandbox is already being done by contractors?

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 11:33:46 AM »
I'm with you, SkidMark, so long as we keep the BATFEio guns and use the JBTs as slave labor. Same with the DHS/TSA.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 09:41:06 PM »
An email I got today:

Here is a crude but effective way to look at the debt ceiling
 Suppose you come home from work and find there has been a sewer backup in your home, and you have sewage up to your ceiling.  What do you think you should do……raise the ceiling or pump out the *expletive deleted*it?

:lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin