Author Topic: PC gone too far?  (Read 1025 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
PC gone too far?
« on: February 02, 2016, 01:39:28 PM »
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25469886/demarcus-cousins-has-kings-remove-year-of-the-monkey-shirts

So a player is offended by something that represents the Chinese New Year.  I know that yesterday marked the beginning of Black History Month but come on...

This country is going down a deep drain very fast.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: PC gone too far?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 01:53:45 PM »
We all need a lesson in sensitivity...

Lesson One: How not to be so ridiculously sensitive.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 02:47:13 PM »
I'm confused.   DeMarcus thinks black people are monkeys?  Or the ancient Chinese were racist for starting their lunar year at the start of Black History Month?
"It's good, though..."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 04:45:54 PM »
Memo to self: Initiate in-depth research into things I can claim are offensive to me.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 02:21:28 AM »
Memo to self: Initiate in-depth research into things I can claim are offensive to me.

You're an old white straight dude. You don't get to be offended by anything.  :police:
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 07:07:27 AM »
You're an old white straight dude. You don't get to be offended by anything.  :police:
I am going to have to agree with Regolith on that point.  You have to just shut up and take it.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re:
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 10:59:11 AM »
So THIS is the white man's burden...
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.