Author Topic: Pointing Out Only 53% Pay Federal Taxes Is "Racism"  (Read 3286 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Pointing Out Only 53% Pay Federal Taxes Is "Racism"
« on: October 17, 2011, 11:45:16 AM »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/10/15/melissa_harris_perry_pointing_out_only_53_pay_federal_taxes_is_racism.html

That card is getting awfully dog-eared.  But, we know it strikes close to the truth when the card comes out.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

longeyes

• friend
Re: Pointing Out Only 53% Pay Federal Taxes Is "Racism"
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 12:08:34 PM »
Race and immigration are the substrate of our economic problems.  In time that will become glaringly unavoidable.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 03:51:21 PM »
In the left-wing gestalt, racism is directed at minorities.

What minority makes up 53% of the population? 

As of 2010 whites made up 72.4% of the population, so if 100% of ALL other races - black, red, mulatto, mestizo, hispanic, Hawaiian, Samoan, oriental - EVERYONE - were tax exempt, then the LARGEST single group of tax dodgers would be WHITE!

THIS nonsense is why the word "racism" is losing its meaning. (Just the other day, I head some liberal on the radio ranting that supporting Herman Cain was RACIST! Made me wonder if the speaker had ever SEEN Herman Cain.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 06:01:23 PM »
Just the other day, I head some liberal on the radio ranting that supporting Herman Cain was RACIST! Made me wonder if the speaker had ever SEEN Herman Cain.

Despite appearances, Herman Cain is not black. In the liberal world, a conservative black is not black. What race that person is, I don't know, but there's no such thing as a liberal black. The same goes for Hispanics.

There can be conservative asians, because asians are not minorities in the liberal sense, only in an arithmetic sense.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 06:14:35 PM »
Just the other day, I head some liberal on the radio ranting that supporting Herman Cain was RACIST!

Funny. Just earlier today, I was musing about how that would be a constant refrain, if he was nominated. The L.A. Times would publish another Magic Negro essay, but about Cain this time. Heck, I have access to news databases through school right now. I should search that phrase periodically.  ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 08:57:35 PM »
Race and immigration are the substrate of our economic problems.  In time that will become glaringly unavoidable.
I don't think that has anything to do with the thread title.  I think this just frustrated, desparate Democrats and liberals doing anything and everything they can to try to damage Republican chances and energize their base.  I think we will see a lot worse before this is done.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 01:53:18 AM »
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 11:09:02 AM by Monkeyleg »

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 10:14:39 AM »
I don't think that has anything to do with the thread title.  I think this just frustrated, desparate Democrats and liberals doing anything and everything they can to try to damage Republican chances and energize their base.  I think we will see a lot worse before this is done.  

Keep thinking that.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 10:22:24 PM »

I'm with longeyes on this one.  If they were aiming to damage Republicans, they would be attacking candidates, Congress, etc., not putting forth their own "demands" and openly protesting against capitalism.
Any real statist knows that incrementalism is the only way to achieve his goals - these fools are actually brazen and stupid enough to put it right out there.  This is *bad*... when thugs like that are confident enough to put on a show of force in the open, and when "the authorities" offer moral and legal support.  Bad, bad, bad.

They're not Democrat operatives... they are thugs.  They do not represent themselves well, they know this, and they do not care.  They are the real-world analog of groups like Anonymous and the Wikileaks bastards - throwing their sheer number at society at large and saying "what you gonna do about it?"  Democrats don't threaten to clog courthouses.  Thugs do.

This is - like the "Arab Spring" - potentially much, much worse than the media is letting on.  Remember how the protestors and rebels were so lauded by American liberals?  They were going to bring democracy and liberty to the Middle East, right?  Then the mobs took over, the individuals who actually had some promise disappeared into the background, and the region is certainly no better off, and most likely much worse.  Optimism is not warranted.  Best case is that they get bored and leave.  Worst case is that it gets violent.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 02:36:21 PM »
So, has the gasoline tax been abolished when I wasn't paying attention?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 10:47:35 PM »
So, has the gasoline tax been abolished when I wasn't paying attention?

No, but the humor value of hyper-semantic wisecrackery has taken a plunge.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton