Author Topic: Tomahawk strike?  (Read 1586 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Tomahawk strike?
« on: July 25, 2013, 02:44:30 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire/DA7OK8980

I say scuttle it from 500 miles out.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

HankB

• friend
Re: Tomahawk strike?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 03:17:43 PM »
It's our ship, don't let the pirates keep it as a trophy. (Should've been hit a long time ago.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 03:48:49 PM »
nuke it
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 04:11:32 PM »
It's been on display in North Korea for quite a while now.  Why it's making news now is beyond me.

http://ronanhead.wordpress.com/2008/01/23/the-origins-of-the-hawaiian-good-luck-sign/   =D =D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 04:18:25 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 05:19:44 PM »
It's been on display in North Korea for quite a while now.  Why it's making news now is beyond me.

Because the Norks have recently "renovated" the ship and are using it as a focal piece in a museum glorifying their warmongering.

It's our ship, we can do whatever we want with/to it. I think a few well-aimed missiles launched from international territory would be entirely appropriate.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 09:17:46 PM »
The Pueblo  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 10:14:28 PM »
Yeah, it's totally worth restarting the Korean War over a 50 year old rusting POS.

Whatever Intel value that thing had is long past. Who gives a *expletive deleted*it if both tourists to Pyongyang look at it? Pretty much no matter what you hit launching a missile into another county's capitol is an act of war.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 10:55:48 PM »
If we had to do something, a covert op would be best...SEAL team, small devices to promote rapid leaking.  But I've got to agree, why risk the assets for this?
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 12:41:08 AM »
The time to have launched an Alpha strike against it would have been precisely 5 minutes after the crew crossed the Bridge of No Return.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 08:21:35 AM »
The time to have launched an Alpha strike against it would have been precisely 5 minutes after the crew crossed the Bridge of No Return.
That would have been a great time to settle their hash.  Given how LBJ reacted to the Tonkin incident, it amazes me that we didn't stomp around on their sandcastle then and there.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013, 08:49:44 AM »
. . . Given how LBJ reacted to the Tonkin incident, it amazes me that we didn't stomp around on their sandcastle then and there.
You mean by getting us involved in a police action and hamstringing our military so as to prevent victory?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2013, 09:55:29 AM »
You mean by getting us involved in a police action and hamstringing our military so as to prevent victory?

Ya know, for an empire we're doing it all wrong  :facepalm:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2013, 06:14:50 PM »
For the STAR WARS fans among us....target the ship for Base Delta Zero....

Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2013, 08:55:54 PM »
For the STAR WARS fans among us....target the ship for Base Delta Zero....

Dammit, I just spent the last hour here:

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Tech/Beam/BaseDeltaZero.html

Reading about SW versus ST, and the Empire versus the Federation.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!