Author Topic: Tolerance is not enough  (Read 3151 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Tolerance is not enough
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2016, 05:03:27 PM »
We've long been aware of charb's preoccupation with the sex lives of sock monkeys. We now learn it is Oedipal in nature. Yesterday, I might have tolerated, but condemned, such a seeming perversion. Having read the article in the OP, though, I may now say that I celebrate charby's diversity.  

So you going to let me buy you a beer?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2016, 05:24:48 PM »
So you going to let me buy you a beer?

I will have to check Huffington Post, and see what the politics of that would be.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2016, 06:44:40 PM »

I will have to check Huffington Post, and see what the politics of that would be.

Called it a beer summit, it's  good enough for the president.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re:
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2016, 08:51:12 PM »
Since the '60's, the Culture War has been a cold war......now, it appears to be heating up rapidly.
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2016, 09:01:52 PM »
I didn't read the whole article. Did the author of the tolerance-is-hatred article use the words "passive terrorism"?

http://www.inquisitr.com/2826731/wearing-a-hijab-is-passive-terrorism-says-u-s-military-publication/

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2016, 11:21:00 PM »
And we have to mourn this and we have to be sad that we live in a town, a state, a country where *expletive deleted*it like this happens. I mean, these are people trying to distance themselves from this crime. And we need to own this crime.

What people are trying to distance themselves from this crime? Not me -- I don't need to make myself any more distant from being a self-radicalized Islamic terrorist than I already am.

Why should I need to "own" this crime? I'm not a radical Islamic terrorist. I don't engage in mass murders, and I don't even fantasize over them in my dreams. No, I'm sorry -- I do NOT need to "own" this crime. If you want to own it -- be my guest.

Does this sniveling, self-serving little whiner even comprehend that Islamic (and other, to be fair) terrorists have killed hundreds of people around the world in the past ten years? "*expletive deleted*it like this" happens everywhere and anywhere, not just in the U.S. What this child-in-an-adult-body doesn't understand is that the United States has been largely spared having to deal with the "*expletive deleted*it" that other countries have been dealing with for years. Now, thanks to the current administration, the lid to Pandora's Box has been opened, and I don't think the evil will be easily stuffed back into the box.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2016, 11:59:06 PM »
I might fantasize a little about mass killing a bunch of scumbag terrorists.  How else can I be an armchair tactical operator?   =D

..........but that isn't really the same thing. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2016, 12:28:34 PM »
I'm sure nobody could possibly have seen this coming:

http://www.postregister.com/articles/news-daily-email-todays-headlines/2016/07/12/transgender-woman-arrested-voyeurism-target

I guess I can't boycott Target, since I never shop there anyway.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2016, 01:42:44 PM »
Happily, I can say that I'm boycotting Transget, as I had been known to patronize them on a fairly regular basis. I've not been there since they went full SJW, and don't plan to.

You know, it was right after they repented of their horrible hatecrime of segregating the boys and girls toys (I mean in the toy aisle, not in the bathroom), that Target helped me to understand a fundamental flaw in the left's anti-gender narrative.

They claim that gender is fluid, and exists on a spectrum. Or in other words, that it exists not at all. They further deny its existence by claiming that Target's toys, for instance, can't be assigned to any particular gender. It's unfair to label the laser-phaser space gun as a boy's toy, and the Susie CrysAtRomComs doll as a girl's toy, since that suggests the laser-phaser space gun is masculine, and the doll is feminine. Nothing can be assigned to the masculine or feminine character, since there is no difference. Even physical differences are merely accidents we may change or remove.

This brings us to those that change their physical bodies, in order to be the man or woman they claim to be. These people clearly think that gender is something that exists, and it must exist, for them, somewhere besides their bodies. So the transgender contradicts all the gender-denial of the left.

When will the left denounce these sexists in their own ranks?

Or perhaps there's something else going on here. Maybe gender is something the left will only recognize when it can be used as a grievance.  
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:02:38 PM by fistful »

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2016, 04:12:57 PM »
Boycotts don't do much anyway.

I'm sure nobody could possibly have seen this coming:

http://www.postregister.com/articles/news-daily-email-todays-headlines/2016/07/12/transgender-woman-arrested-voyeurism-target

I guess I can't boycott Target, since I never shop there anyway.

This is my shocked face.   =|
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2016, 05:15:04 PM »

This is my shocked face.   =|

It looks just like your regular face...
"It's good, though..."