Author Topic: Tolerant liberals take on the Deploraball in Washington...  (Read 5966 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Tolerant liberals take on the Deploraball in Washington...
« on: January 20, 2017, 08:20:23 AM »
Guess which side the violence came from? Thankfully not much of it...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/20/deploraball-guests-met-by-protesters-in-chaotic-scene.html

This quote just about killed me...

"Just look at which way their guns are facing!” one protester told Foxnews.com. about the police presence “US! Not them."

Gee, I wonder why... Your group is tossing bottles, scream threats, and there were even reports of some of the asshats spraying pepper spray at police and attendees.

Makes me wonder what today is going to be like.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Tolerant liberals take on the Deploraball in Washington...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 08:42:04 AM »
This quote just about killed me...

"Just look at which way their guns are facing!” one protester told Foxnews.com. about the police presence “US! Not them."

You beat me to posting that. Talk about lack of awareness. "How dare you threaten our violent protest! Safe space!"
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 08:56:04 AM »
Slight tangent, but I just saw that about a dozen BLM protestors have chained themselves together, and from the video it looks like they then tied the chain around a fence post at a main entrance to the inauguration area. If it was me, I'd leave the protestors chained up, snap off the chain at the fence post, latch the end to the hitch on one of the Secret Service Suburbans, and just drive them down the street. :)

Edit: Apparently it's not just BLM -- the chaining up to block main entry points is going to be a primary tactic for many of the protest groups.
Edit again: Now I see the BLM chain has apparently won. According to Fox Business, that entry checkpoint has now been shut down. Sheesh.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 09:18:48 AM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 09:58:34 AM »
Edit again: Now I see the BLM chain has apparently won. According to Fox Business, that entry checkpoint has now been shut down. Sheesh.

Makes you wonder who's in charge of that decision. A Democrat?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 10:22:08 AM »
Slight tangent, but I just saw that about a dozen BLM protestors have chained themselves together, and from the video it looks like they then tied the chain around a fence post at a main entrance to the inauguration area. If it was me, I'd leave the protestors chained up, snap off the chain at the fence post, latch the end to the hitch on one of the Secret Service Suburbans, and just drive them down the street.

Crane.  Catch the middle, grab some cricket bats and play tethermoron.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 10:29:19 AM »
Slight tangent, but I just saw that about a dozen BLM protestors have chained themselves together, and from the video it looks like they then tied the chain around a fence post at a main entrance to the inauguration area. If it was me, I'd leave the protestors chained up, snap off the chain at the fence post, latch the end to the hitch on one of the Secret Service Suburbans, and just drive them down the street. :)

Edit: Apparently it's not just BLM -- the chaining up to block main entry points is going to be a primary tactic for many of the protest groups.
You wouldn't even have to cause injury.  Just drag them off a ways (slowly) and retie the chain to something else.  Or add handcuffs to the mix.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 11:10:01 AM »
. . . Edit again: Now I see the BLM chain has apparently won. According to Fox Business, that entry checkpoint has now been shut down. Sheesh.
Glue the padlocks shut. Spray chainees with water. Rinse. Repeat.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 11:34:48 AM »

I like that thought

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 01:09:57 PM »

You forgot the lotion.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 01:58:23 PM »
Glue padlocks, cut one end, swing idiots out of the way, rechain, apply tar, apply feathers, profit.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2017, 02:04:04 PM »
So all in all, so far they haven't really mucked up the inauguration (yet - there are still the balls this evening). So far the worst they did at the actual inauguration was block a couple of checkpoints. I did see the non-violent progressives dressed in black running through the streets of DC destroying property and also injuring some people. I only saw it on Fox and Twitchy - none of the MSM seemed to cover it since it wasn't Trump supporters.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 02:10:06 PM »
none of the MSM seemed to cover it since it wasn't Trump supporters.
NPR did in their live coverage. Made it sound very dramatic, like quite a battle with police.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2017, 02:14:56 PM »
So all in all, so far they haven't really mucked up the inauguration (yet - there are still the balls this evening). So far the worst they did at the actual inauguration was block a couple of checkpoints. I did see the non-violent progressives dressed in black running through the streets of DC destroying property and also injuring some people. I only saw it on Fox and Twitchy - none of the MSM seemed to cover it since it wasn't Trump supporters.

Yeah, so far it looks like they trashed a Starbucks.  Big conservative business there.  Maybe they'll burn some Planned Parenthood clinics and loot the Brady Center offices.

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2017, 02:25:47 PM »
Watching some rioting live on 20th & K St. Fox News
Rioter throwing rocks & bottles.
Reports saying it's a flashmob riot.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2017, 03:31:10 PM »
Watching some rioting live on 20th & K St. Fox News
Rioter throwing rocks & bottles.
Reports saying it's a flashmob riot.

Yup. Looks like it's outside the inauguration area, but rioting and destruction is picking up. So far the only MSM reporting I've seen is a Time magazine reporter complaining that some Trump supporters called him names.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2017, 04:14:13 PM »
Those folks throwing rocks don't want to play with the bikers. They will avoid the parade rt.
I wanna get one of those pepper spray super soakers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2017, 04:14:48 PM »
Yup. Looks like it's outside the inauguration area, but rioting and destruction is picking up. So far the only MSM reporting I've seen is a Time magazine reporter complaining that some Trump supporters called him names.

Did he retreat to a safe space with a stuffed animal?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2017, 07:52:34 AM »
I heard on the news last night as I was driving home around 9 p.m. that a class action lawsuit on behalf of the protestors in downtown DC has already been filed in Federal court.

They're apparently all whiney about the police stopping them from doing what they wanted to do...

Ah, here's an article in Politico. http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2017/01/inauguration-protests-police-lawsuit-233942

All you need to know is summed up by this picture...

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

castle key

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2017, 10:28:20 AM »
We really need to stop complaining about the tactics of these anarchists and rioters and the damage they are doing.

Please be more like me; I am doing some self reflection to determine what I have done to them personally to cause them to act out in such an anti social manner.....
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2017, 10:36:20 AM »
We really need to stop complaining about the tactics of these anarchists and rioters and the damage they are doing.

Please be more like me; I am doing some self reflection to determine what I have done to them personally to cause them to act out in such an anti social manner.....
Have done or can do?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2017, 10:59:59 AM »

Okay, I did that. The answer was ... nothing.

Now what?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2017, 11:15:48 AM »

All you need to know is summed up by this picture...

[img]http://static2.politico.com/dims4/default/1296ca5/2147483647/resize/1160x%3E/quality/90/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.politico.com%2Fcd%2Fe2%2F1136fa604e9da2c9cdb14eaa8652%2F170120-trump-police-protest-getty-1160.jpg

As irritated, neh, mad that I am about these stupid riots, the cop in that picture kinda cracks me up. He looks like he's ready to yawn and just thinking, "Same *expletive deleted*it, different day with these whiny punks".  :laugh:

castle key

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2017, 11:20:52 AM »
So I am a bit punchy from yesterday in DC policing the Inaugural events. Exhausted from 16 hours on starting at 0400 and off my feet for only about 1/2 hour total. The years are taking a toll but this is my last Inauguration.

The crowds were mostly pretty tame along the parade route, some agitators and carriers of foul signs, but the screening entrances were awful with quite a bit of disruptions. The areas north of most of the events were the worst, especially Franklin Park on K between 13th and 14th and McPherson on K at 15th. Here Black Blockers broke lots of windows set pretty much every trash can and newspaper box on fire and trashed lots of cars including lighting a bunch of them off.

Interestingly, the WaPo reports that a Limo was wrecked with its windows broken but the WaPo apparently forget to write that the expensive car was set afire.

The anarchists crowds were far larger and more riotous than reported (duh..) and quite a few bricks, bottles, bags of human waste, nails, and other objects tossed at police. Rioters (not protesters) pepper sprayed people awaiting entry into Inaugural events as well as spraying police officers. Our helicopter crew was lasered a few times but I think a suspect was found.

Gotta go back in tonight at 1800 for twelve. I hope most of these goons are gone or holed up I don't have to deal with them.

Ugh....

What a day, but sadly I think we are in for a bit of a rocky ride with these people for at least a while.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2017, 11:32:08 AM »
Castle key - I am feeling really bad for you right now. I'm really sorry you have to deal with those morons, I'm sure with your hands tied way more than they should be.

castle key

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2017, 11:44:21 AM »
and in the twisted minds of the hard left, the words from the crowd were outrage at the police and the Trump government working with Blackwater to provide Les Agents Provocateur to wear all black with black face coverings to toss bricks at the police, smash storefronts, light fires, all with the sole purpose of discrediting those with legitimate grievances against the state.

Blackwater should be ashamed to have caused so much damage and hurt so many people..... or maybe it was Haliburton... I do know that it probably was Bush's fault.