Author Topic: Boy Scout BOHICA  (Read 2387 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Boy Scout BOHICA
« on: January 03, 2017, 12:56:24 PM »
Boy Scouts Discover the Left Can Never Be Appeased

The Boy Scouts of America caved to the pressure of people who hate them and everything they stand for and decided to admit overtly gay people into their ranks. If they thought this would make the people who hate them and everything they stand for leave them alone… they were badly mistaken.

Kristie Maldonado said she was stunned because her son had been a member of Cub Scout Pack 87 in Secaucus for about a month and his transgender status had not been a secret. But some parents complained, an official from the Northern New Jersey Council of Boy Scouts told her — even though her son had been living as a boy for more than a year and was accepted as a boy at school, she said

“Not one of the kids said, ‘You don’t belong here,’” Maldonado said of the Scouts in the pack.

“It made me mad,” Joe, said. “I had a sad face, but I wasn’t crying. I’m way more angry than sad. My identity is a boy. If I was them, I would let every person in the world go in. It’s right to do.”

Gee, I wonder who coached that particular line to come out of the mouth of an eight-year-old.

So, here we have… most likely a publicity-hound white mother jumping on the trendy transgender bandwagon … claiming that her little girl “identifies as a boy and therefore is a boy” (because leftists are insane like that), and normal, mentally healthy people who just want to be left alone to live their lives in peace have to put up with this bullsh. Because “You will be made to care.”

Golly-gee-wilikers, I am sure no one saw that coming.  Well, except for the folks who said, many times, that "bents in the tents" was not going to satisfy those who would like to increase the likelihood of boys getting raped by homosexual scouts and/or volunteers & staff.  

I sure hope the BSA executives enjoy the corporate money they got for enabling homosexual kiddie rapers.  And for ensuring that the ever-expanding panoply of pervert-americans will line up to get them a bite of the Boy Scout pie.  Because if America means anything, it means catering to mentally ill & deranged predators and giving them greater access to our boys.

Makes me proud.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 01:30:22 PM »
The boy scouts history with pedophiles long predates the LGBT Revolution

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Boy Scout BOHICA
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 01:43:24 PM »
I have always found it interesting how many on this site are so worried about their sons being sexually abused, but you almost never hear corresponding concerns about their daughters.  Huh.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 01:52:31 PM »
I have always found it interesting how many on this site are so worried about their sons being sexually abused, but you almost never hear corresponding concerns about their daughters.  Huh.

Right. Because that was not brought up in the transgender bathroom debates. Ever. At all.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 02:07:55 PM »
BSA is doomed.   LGBTQIA has been targeting the organization for some time, for one stated reason or another.   Of late, here in Ohio, it's been a push by women/girls.  The girls want in an organization that is outdoorsy.  BSA said to join a Venturing crew (BSA older and coed group).  Girls/parents said not good enough.  That may be headed to Federal court as a civil rights suit. 

But beyond this, the organization is killing get itself.  Too safety concerned (after years of having tomahawk throwing at events, it's now banned as too dangerous.  The gun rules are also way too stupid.)  They are making requirements too academic instead of keeping the boys outside and active.  At the same time fewer parents are steering their kids to Scouts, as there are competing events.  And too often, parents see Scouts as not worth the time.  Scouts teaches self reliance and independence  (if done right).  Parents seem more concerned about college applications and scholarships.  Or, a future NFL/MLB/NBA/NHL/MLS contract if Johnny goes to practice 5 days a week instead of Scouts on Wednesday evenings.   All of this combined will likely kill Scouting in the next 10-20 years.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 02:08:29 PM »

That seems like an accusation that will sound plausible, as no one will go to the trouble of testing it. It is true that "boy molested" results in 5 pages, while "girl molested" yields only two. However, just glancing through the list, a lot of those 5 pages are about boys doing the molesting.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 03:19:57 PM »
But beyond this, the organization is killing get itself.  Too safety concerned (after years of having tomahawk throwing at events, it's now banned as too dangerous.  The gun rules are also way too stupid.)

Also, no building cookstoves out of cans, either the soup can hobo stove or the soda can alcohol stove that both make excellent outdoor gear.  For liability reasons, stoves must be purpose-manufactured commercially available ones.  Wouldn't want them learning to survive without REI, now.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 04:39:47 PM »
Ummm, just a correction.  The BSA did not allow homosexuals in.  The policy is that EACH Chartering Org for EACH unit can decide if they want to or not.   Mormons and Catholics, like the Knights of Columbus, do not allow gays, but other secular orgs like Kiwanis and Rotary's do, if they so choose.  I serve on a district committee that has over 100 units, and the whole "gay" thing has been a non-issue.

BSA is doomed.   LGBTQIA has been targeting the organization for some time, for one stated reason or another.   Of late, here in Ohio, it's been a push by women/girls.  The girls want in an organization that is outdoorsy.  BSA said to join a Venturing crew (BSA older and coed group).  Girls/parents said not good enough.  That may be headed to Federal court as a civil rights suit. 

But beyond this, the organization is killing get itself.  Too safety concerned (after years of having tomahawk throwing at events, it's now banned as too dangerous.  The gun rules are also way too stupid.)  They are making requirements too academic instead of keeping the boys outside and active.  At the same time fewer parents are steering their kids to Scouts, as there are competing events.  And too often, parents see Scouts as not worth the time.  Scouts teaches self reliance and independence  (if done right).  Parents seem more concerned about college applications and scholarships.  Or, a future NFL/MLB/NBA/NHL/MLS contract if Johnny goes to practice 5 days a week instead of Scouts on Wednesday evenings.   All of this combined will likely kill Scouting in the next 10-20 years.

Yes, the lawyers have done a pretty good job of sucking the fun (and bleeding) out of many things, BSA included.    Yet, for as bad as things have gotten, there is a movement afoot to combine GSA with BSA and just be "Scouting".  GSA is too stupid to fall over dead, it's dying so fast, girls want to be outdoors and do some of the cool things that the BSA still does.   And yes, the shooting rules are stupid.  Even though I was certified to run ranges in Germany (Grafenwoehr, Wildflecken, and Baumholder) up to and including Tanks, Close Air Support, Artillery, and Combined Arms Exercises, I'm not qualified to run any range more than BB guns or serve as a Shotgun or Rifle Merit Badge Counselor.  Did I mention I spent three years as President of a Sportsmen's club?  I also am a certified Hunter Ed Instructor (15 years), and have volunteered for 6 years as part of our Junior Rifle and Youth Shooting Sports program, where I teach....wait for it.....Basic Rifle Marksmanship and Shotgun Shooting !!!

And yes, I ask parents "If you could guarantee that your son could just about get the pick of any college or university in the country, would you give up an hour and half a week of your and his time?"   That's what it takes to become an Eagle Scout.  And those words still carry a lot of weight on a resume.  Even to those people that have no connection to Scouting.

I also point out that chances are very, very small that little Timmy will make the Pro's, but he will need skills to major in life.    The lifeskills gap between my bio 16 year old son, and my foster 16 year son is mind boggling huge.   Mostly from what he has learned as a Scout via merit badges.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 04:47:14 PM »

I may shock some people when I say this, so if you have a weak heart or something, beware. I don't want anyone to get hurt.

Seriously, I'm warning you.

For the love of sweet baby chuthla, don't let girls and their mothers into the BSA. Stupid wimmins already destroyed the Girl Scouts, which actually used to be all outdoorsy and whatnot before it got taken over by selling cookies and "EMPOWERED GIRLS!!" nonsense. My mother was disgusted towards the end of my time as a GS. She wanted to organize a canoeing trip for us. Mind you, my mother has been a water rat practically all her life and knows her way around a paddle. When she saw the regulations involved in having an officially sanctioned trip... Well, let's just say there was some ranting and raving.
I implore you, please keep at least one scouting organization true to its roots. Fight that safety crap tooth and *expletive deleted*ing nail.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2017, 04:51:35 PM »
Put Ron Swanson in charge.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2017, 05:17:01 PM »
Yes, the lawyers have done a pretty good job of sucking the fun (and bleeding) out of many things, BSA included.

Yeah, some of my best scars are from Scouting.  I think 1989 Jamboree was my last major activity, though.  Even then I was disappointed at the stuff in the old Scout Handbooks that we didn't do, like building rope bridges over ravines and such.

Even though I was certified to run ranges in Germany (Grafenwoehr, Wildflecken, and Baumholder) up to and including Tanks, Close Air Support, Artillery, and Combined Arms Exercises, I'm not qualified to run any range more than BB guns or serve as a Shotgun or Rifle Merit Badge Counselor.

Artillery and CAS would make bitchin' merit badges. 

And yes, I ask parents "If you could guarantee that your son could just about get the pick of any college or university in the country, would you give up an hour and half a week of your and his time?"   That's what it takes to become an Eagle Scout.  And those words still carry a lot of weight on a resume.  Even to those people that have no connection to Scouting.

Unfortunately.  The next time I have to show an "Eagle Scout" how to tie a bowline, I'm going to petition Trump to declare war on NESA.  There really needs to be better standardization and verification of actual completion of the requirements, not just getting ASM dad to sign off on them.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2017, 06:43:10 PM »
The next time I have to show an "Eagle Scout" how to tie a bowline, I'm going to petition Trump to declare war on NESA.  There really needs to be better standardization and verification of actual completion of the requirements, not just getting ASM dad to sign off on them.

We actually lose a fair number of Scouts from our troop for that reason.  We are tough about requirements. Toughest on the leadership requirements and Eagle projects.  Tough enough that some boys transfer to other units and get signed off on those same requirements right away.  District does the review for Eagle.  Our guys pass District easily, mainly because we've been so tough on them.

An aside, been reading online about the push to make BSA a coed organization.  A lot coming from inside the leadership...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2017, 11:51:13 PM »
We actually lose a fair number of Scouts from our troop for that reason.  We are tough about requirements. Toughest on the leadership requirements and Eagle projects.  Tough enough that some boys transfer to other units and get signed off on those same requirements right away.  District does the review for Eagle.  Our guys pass District easily, mainly because we've been so tough on them.

An aside, been reading online about the push to make BSA a coed organization.  A lot coming from inside the leadership...

The the thrice-damned gotta-get-girls-in-STEM damnfoolery being one example.  Just like BSA leadership no longer understands the meaning of "morally straight," they are getting forgetful about the word, "boy" in Boy Scouts.

The fish rots from the head down...

The times I participated in various face to face BSA volunteer/leader training, I usually represented the loosey-goosey left wing.  The folk who put the most time into BSA at ground level and made the program function for the boys lean overwhelmingly to the right, socially. 

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2017, 03:16:56 AM »
Unfortunately.  The next time I have to show an "Eagle Scout" how to tie a bowline, I'm going to petition Trump to declare war on NESA.  There really needs to be better standardization and verification of actual completion of the requirements, not just getting ASM dad to sign off on them.

Hah!

When I was 14, while visiting my grandparents in Maine for the summer I took sailing lessons from an English bloke who had single-handed a small sailboat around the world. He taught us knots and marlinspike seamanship. I learned to tie a bowline one-handed. (Can't do it today, but there are a lot of the knots I learned then that I haven't used in almost 60 years and can't tie at all.) When I got back to the Boy Sprouts at home in the winter, I started working on the knot typing merit badge. They failed me on the bowline ... because I already had mine tied when everyone else was still coaxing the rabbit out of the hole so he could run around the tree and duck back into his hole. That soured me so much I quit scouting.

I have a low tolerance level for idiots.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2017, 05:06:35 AM »
Stupid wimmins already destroyed the Girl Scouts, which actually used to be all outdoorsy and whatnot before it got taken over by selling cookies and "EMPOWERED GIRLS!!" nonsense.

For some reason this made me think of an all-female gun class I took years ago. The subject of gun storage came up. The woman sitting next to me said in a snotty manner, "You do store all of your guns in a safe while you're home, don't you?" I looked her in the eye and said, "When I'm home, I can get to at least five fully-loaded firearms without getting out of bed." She recoiled and sat elsewhere after our lunch break.  >:D
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2017, 06:11:13 AM »
Put Ron Swanson in charge.

Then BSA would mean Bacon Scouts of America!
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2017, 10:50:15 AM »

There's a lot of reasons why the Boy Scouts are, were and will go down the tubes. I've been expecting it to fracture for a long time. While outside influences like the LGBT* folks and the Girl Scouts may not have always influenced the BSA for the better, BSA mostly have itself to blame and has been heading downhill for a while.

A trivial solution would be to set up troops for any special snowflake that wants it. One thing I learned as a consultant back in the day. You never tell the customer no. You just quote a number that's so high that if you have to do it, you're fine with it. You want a coed LGBBQTWTF troop for otherkins? Sure, $1k, sign the contract that you assume all liability and you're Troop 31931 of Where-Ever. Mainstream troops aren't bothered by the Special Snowflake Troops. They tend to die out in short order anyways.

BSA wussing out is what will kill the BSA. Everyone I know with kids who have joined semi recently claim it's an incredibly dumbed down NERF version of what they remembered. Boring, aggreviating, too much focus on fundraisng, etc. Not sure whether the lawyers ate the soul of the BSA, or the BSA leadership gutted themselves like a trout.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2017, 12:05:40 PM »

BSA wussing out is what will kill the BSA. Everyone I know with kids who have joined semi recently claim it's an incredibly dumbed down NERF version of what they remembered. Boring, aggreviating, too much focus on fundraisng, etc. Not sure whether the lawyers ate the soul of the BSA, or the BSA leadership gutted themselves like a trout.

It's the lawyers.  Everything we do has to be "Risk Adverse", and it seems that every little incident suddenly becomes a reason to update "The Guide to Safe Scouting."

A friend of mine sent me "100 Years of Boy's Life (magazine)".   In the book, it details the rules on Staff Fighting (yes, boys bashing each other with 6ft long sticks), and the 1920 (ish) competition, where Scouts from New York had to hitchhike or otherwise find a way from NYC to DC, get a tour of various sites and monuments, then hitchhike their way back to NYC.  Winners being whoever got to DC first and back to NYC first...

Sadly, no one thought that recreating those events today were good ideas...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 04:41:18 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2017, 01:38:51 PM »
It's not just the lawyers. It's a lack of leadership, and a failure to convey any sense of values. About four years ago a friend of my late wife invited us to her son's investiture as an Eagle Scout. We accepted, of course. I was shocked, to put it mildly, at what I saw.

There weren't two Scouts in the entire troop that were dressed the same, and that applied to the "honor guard" as well as the rest of the kids, AND to the scoutmaster and assistant scoutmaster. And whatever bits and pieces of Boy Scout apparel or paraphernalia they decided to wear was generally wrinkled such that it looked like they had slept in their "uniforms" for at least a week.

"Sad" doesn't even begin to describe it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2017, 02:24:33 PM »
There weren't two Scouts in the entire troop that were dressed the same, and that applied to the "honor guard" as well as the rest of the kids, AND to the scoutmaster and assistant scoutmaster.

While we pretty much always allowed clean black or dark blue jeans or black Dickies cargo pants with the uniform, (official pants prices keep going up and quality down, so one pair for "full dress" occasions wasn't unusual even then) what I've seen at a couple of Eagle ceremonies and other public activities in the last few years would have gotten at least a stern talking to back when I was in Scouts.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2017, 09:15:24 AM »
There is no place for a troop of chimpanzees in a bonobo masturbation society.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.