Author Topic: My heart goes out  (Read 1091 times)

P95Carry

My heart goes out
« on: August 04, 2005, 05:56:15 PM »
Not for the first time either.  

I will make no comment/judgement on the war regarding it's just cause or not - that right now is immaterial... and does not need discussion in such situations.

I do tho today feel deeply for the families of all the guys (20) who lost their lives this week, from the 3rd Battalion, 25th Marine Regiment, based near Cleveland IIRC.  These guys served and died - as have I believe now some 1.800 since this last two years or so of actions in Iraq.

No one need post any reply - but I just want each person reading this to give a few moments of silence - to firstly honor and salute those lives lost and secondly - to think with compassion toward those grieving parents, brother and sisters and young wives.  

One guy's little boy was one year old today - he will never know his Dad.

Not only does my heart go out - it bleeds a little too.
Chris - P95
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.
Rohrbaugh interest/ownership? - Rohrbaugh Forum Rohrbaugh R9 FAQ Site

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
My heart goes out
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 06:54:07 PM »
Quote from: P95Carry
One guy's little boy was one year old today - he will never know his Dad.
Damn Chris, you know how much that hurts me, with all the little ones around me, and Sadie just turning one last week.

Tore a big chunk out of my heart.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
My heart goes out
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 11:37:38 PM »
Sigh.  I know than a few folks that bought it in the sandbox, or Afghanistan, or "complications" from wounds.   Then others that are kinda worse in a way.  Training accidents, vehicle accidents, neg discharges.  Just as dead, but they won't be remembered as dying for anything but an accident.

After a while, the funerals blur together.

Chris, the hurting isn't a bad thing.   Shows someone cares.

When the hurting stops and turns into nothingness, that's when it's bad.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

garyk/nm

• friend
  • shovelbum
My heart goes out
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 03:05:26 AM »