Author Topic: Spring Forward ...  (Read 1009 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Spring Forward ...
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2024, 09:10:47 AM »
Never understood this crap.

"A longer day of daylight"  :O

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

grampster

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2024, 09:13:00 AM »
I enjoy DST.  I always have.  I have been laughing watching and listening to all the whining.  It's even more amusing to watch all the "experts" blathering on the boob tube that changing to DST savings time causes heart attacks,cancer, COPD, psoriasis, pimples, erection disfunction, election disfunction, loss of democracy, baldness, irritable bowel syndrome, acid reflux, blindness and in particular gnashing of teeth and rending of clothes.  LOL
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2024, 09:19:58 AM »
The thing I wonder about is who really wants DST?  I don't think I have come across anyone who likes it.  I have heard what seems like dozens of reasons for why it was instituted and most of them appear to just be BS.  Everyone thinks someone else wants it. 

From what I have heard, there have been efforts to get rid of it at least at the state level, yet for some reason, there is always pressure on politicians to NOT change it.

Seems like many want it until they get it. I mean, we went to fulltime DST before, and then everybody complained and we went back to switching the clocks. People always cheer for DST in the Summer, but then when it has been fulltime, they complained about it in the Winter.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2024, 09:28:14 AM »
I enjoy DST.  I always have.  I have been laughing watching and listening to all the whining.  It's even more amusing to watch all the "experts" blathering on the boob tube that changing to DST savings time causes heart attacks,cancer, COPD, psoriasis, pimples, erection disfunction, election disfunction, loss of democracy, baldness, irritable bowel syndrome, acid reflux, blindness and in particular gnashing of teeth and rending of clothes.  LOL

Don't you have a cloud to yell at, old man?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2024, 09:53:51 AM »

"Black cloud hangin' over my head....."
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2024, 09:54:04 AM »
Interesting.  I have never heard anyone on mainstream TV talk negatively about it. 

I just figured it would be better to get used to the changing sunrise/sunset during different parts of the year rather than bothering with time changes. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2024, 11:59:57 AM »
The thing I wonder about is who really wants DST?  I don't think I have come across anyone who likes it.  I have heard what seems like dozens of reasons for why it was instituted and most of them appear to just be BS.  Everyone thinks someone else wants it. 

From what I have heard, there have been efforts to get rid of it at least at the state level, yet for some reason, there is always pressure on politicians to NOT change it. 

I don't know where you're coming from on that.  I've always heard controversy on it and I myself (when I was working) enjoyed the extra daylight to get outdoor stuff done --a lot of which was regular fun stuff.  Like baseball games at the local High School. Sometimes more fun than MLB games.

I'm wondering if you are just simply not hearing opinions which are contrary to your position, or your "personal aura" tends to suppress opposite responses from others.

Effects (sic: "affects")  POCs the most

Reasoning?  I don't know where that came from, either.  Tell me why.

Now that I no longer have to go home from work in darkness, the only real problem is biological adjustment to the daylight shift and re-setting all the timepieces.   And I'm used to that now.  (Does anyone actually re-set their microwave clocks?   I actually enjoy the little blinking "hello" from mine when I enter the kitchen. I also enjoy the green pilot light on my modem as a kind of warm hello, but I have a somewhat limited social life nowadays.  =D )

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2024, 12:15:46 PM »

Terry, 230RN

Mocking the left's everything bad affects POC the most narrative.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2024, 12:16:33 PM »
If your feet are cold, cut some off the top of the blanket and sew it on to the bottom.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2024, 12:26:09 PM »
I don't know where you're coming from on that.  I've always heard controversy on it and I myself (when I was working) enjoyed the extra daylight to get outdoor stuff done --a lot of which was regular fun stuff.  Like baseball games at the local High School. Sometimes more fun than MLB games.

I'm wondering if you are just simply not hearing opinions which are contrary to your position, or your "personal aura" tends to suppress opposite responses from others.

Now that I no longer have to go home from work in darkness, the only real problem is biological adjustment to the daylight shift and re-setting all the timepieces.   And I'm used to that now.  (Does anyone actually re-set their microwave clocks?   I actually enjoy the little blinking "hello" from mine when I enter the kitchen. I also enjoy the green pilot light on my modem as a kind of warm hello, but I have a somewhat limited social life nowadays.  =D )

Terry, 230RN
I was thinking of the switching back and forth.  I have no problem with using the Spring Forward time all year long if that is what happens.   

And maybe people that are okay with the change don't talk about it much.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2024, 12:46:12 PM »
If your feet are cold, cut some off the top of the blanket and sew it on to the bottom.

:rofl:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2024, 01:24:42 PM »

Sarcasm, Sheldon. What the left immediately say for the fight against time change.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2024, 01:48:02 PM »
My only issue with the time change is there is always one or two people who show up to work one hour late in the spring and blame it on the time change. You never get anyone coming in one hour early in the fall though when it changes back.  ???   =D

bob

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2024, 02:55:21 PM »
My late wife's native country tried doing a 30-minute offset for a few years. I think they have now gone back to the "normal" 1-hour adjustment.

Just to add to the insanity, not all the countries that indulge in the DST insanity make the change on the same dates. Considering that standardized time zones were created primarily to allow railroads to publish time schedules, the effect this idiocy must have on transportation (trains, buses, and airlines) must be enormous.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2024, 11:05:22 PM »
I don't mind fall back so much, but spring forward just freaking kills me.  I'm out of sorts for a couple of days.

I wish they would just pick a time and stick with it. This twice yearly change bullshit is... bullshit.

Most of us are "discombobulated".  [barf]

ETA: I was reading an article tonight where they found "hormonal changes" that affect us with these changes.  The early morning light causes our bodies to create more "cortisol" that helps us wake up and get active for the day. In that same article, it points out that the later sunset delays the creation of the melatonin that helps us sleep while prolonging the presences of the cortisol, inhibiting sleep.

Stay on Standard Time !!
:facepalm:  :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2024, 11:15:19 PM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2024, 01:27:16 PM »
"Sarcasm."  OK, I guess I'm not that tuned into that aspect of the Left's blathering patter.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 03:07:45 PM by 230RN »

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2024, 04:53:11 PM »
"Sarcasm."  OK, I guess I'm not that tuned into that aspect of the Left's blathering patter.

One of Rush Limbaugh's jokes decades ago was that if the NY Times were to report on the end of the world, their headline would be "World Ends: Women And Minorities Hardest Hit."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2024, 06:31:16 PM »

There you go, playin' the youth card again.  I hope you never have to play the age card.

....Oh, wait.  I didn't mean that meanly.  <sarcasm>

... Oh, wait.  I didn't mean the sarcasm smiley either. <crosses fingers>

Me go now.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2024, 09:28:43 PM »
230RN:
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2024, 11:19:54 PM »
One of Rush Limbaugh's jokes decades ago was that if the NY Times were to report on the end of the world, their headline would be "World Ends: Women And Minorities Hardest Hit."

Also:  "It's Trump's fault."
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2024, 06:02:26 AM »
230RN:

:rofl:

K Frame paid you to post that, no?

J Frame, 230RN

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2024, 07:57:28 AM »
Were you wearing an onion on your belt? It was the style of the times!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2024, 08:21:14 AM »
Were you wearing an onion on your belt? It was the style of the times!

No, he was busy looking for a new place to live.

https://youtu.be/WG2g-JHohB0

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2024, 08:41:58 AM »