Author Topic: First mouse of fall  (Read 337 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
First mouse of fall
« on: December 05, 2021, 07:06:50 PM »
Don't get the high-tech looking plastic traps. The little bastard somehow managed to get the peanut butter, but got a back leg caught in the trap.

Little suckers can scream pretty good. It stops when you stomp them. At about 3ayem last night.

Get the victor traps.

Blog under construction

cordex

• Administrator
Re: First mouse of fall
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2021, 08:21:41 PM »
I just put in a Flip and Slide 5 gallon bucket trap out in the barn. I’ll let you know if I catch anything in a couple of days.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 08:32:50 PM »
You could try smoking them out .

>:D
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2021, 08:34:58 PM »
I haven't heard any more mice in my walls. I've caught three - two in the crawlspace and one in the access hatch to the jacuzzi tub. I think the crawlspace ones were the ones getting in the wall.

I used the plastic victor traps with peanut butter. Interestingly, after I caught the two in the crawlspace, I reset the trap and the next day all the peanut butter was gone but the trap was unsprung. I put a new trap down there but so far it is unsprung with the peanut butter still there.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2021, 08:42:59 PM »
Yeah, they learn. And I think they teach each other...

Piece of string or yarn through it, smeared with bait, or a piece of stringy meat...
Blog under construction