Author Topic: Kidney stone?  (Read 1075 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Kidney stone?
« on: December 10, 2021, 10:38:34 AM »
Feels somewhat constipated, but... definitely not. Lower pelvic pain. I feel like I'm trying to give birth to a bowling ball...

Sound right?
Blog under construction

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

grampster

• friend
Re: Kidney stone?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 11:02:44 AM »
I just had a huge pain in the lower rt abdomen...excruciating pain.  I thought my appendix had burst.  No feeling of constipation.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2021, 11:11:21 AM »
Had a small one about 20 years ago... Yesterday evening was pretty rough, feeling somewhat on the downslope side, I hope.

I don't think it is a tumor.
Blog under construction

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2021, 12:12:55 PM »
Your describing the same pain when I had a stuck stone in Aug 2018. 2 trips to the ER and 1 emergency surgery to install a catheter and another one 3 weeks later to get the stone out. Killed my bear hunt that year, also pissing blood for 3 weeks sucked too.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2021, 12:16:15 PM »
Not that bad, I hope...

Honestly, I don't understand my coworkers who insist on doctor visits when they have a minor scratch... This was pretty painful, but it... passed...
Blog under construction

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2021, 12:28:04 PM »
Feels somewhat constipated, but... definitely not. Lower pelvic pain. I feel like I'm trying to give birth to a bowling ball...

Sound right?

can you pee?  Usual flow, or not?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2021, 12:37:24 PM »
Seemed somewhat constricted about 3am, but fine since. Lower back/lower ab/pelvic pain mostly gone...

Why does this sort of stuff always happen on my days off from work?
Blog under construction

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2021, 03:03:58 PM »
Seemed somewhat constricted about 3am, but fine since. Lower back/lower ab/pelvic pain mostly gone...

Why does this sort of stuff always happen on my days off from work?

The one and only time I had one I couldn't get much out, because the stone was working it's way down through the plumbing.  Actually ended up in the pee cup in the ER.  So I got off easy.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2021, 03:27:34 PM »
Was planning on implementing pan and strainer approach toward dawn, but... Yeah, now just a mild aftermath. Slight technicolor, gonna chew some vitamin c... My bud Wilson said that seemed to help...
Blog under construction

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2021, 02:03:55 AM »
Mine (most all of the 18) always hit at some ungodly hour of the morning/late evening.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2021, 03:22:07 PM »
Sounds like something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Does anyone know what causes them or how to avoid them? I've heard staying hydrated helps.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2021, 07:14:21 PM »
Take plenty of diHydrogen-O.

But keep in mind that it might be frowned upon, because Donald Trump takes multiple grams of it every day as part of his health program.
Blog under construction

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2021, 07:50:08 PM »
Drink fewer carbonated drinks/soda for uric acid stones and cut back on dairy if calcium stones.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2021, 09:36:20 PM »
Could be the Covid.  Did you get the vax?  Or meet in close contact with someone who has the Kung-pow Bat flu?  Do you now know anyone who has, may have had, or is considering getting a vaccine of any type, including. but not limited to Covid, flu, diphtheria, measles, rubella, Steak and Shake, Taco Bell, polio, shingles, or Legionaries?

If so, you may be entitled to compensation.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2021, 09:55:48 PM »
Hope it passed man.  Pissing blood and excruciating pain is no fun at all.  Drink lots of water and thank the gods you're hung like a horse,  makes passing the damned things easier.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2021, 10:02:34 PM »
Technicolor is mostly gone, so the urea will be marketable.

Unless, of course, this is a side effect of the covids, and you need to put a mask over the exhaust stack...
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2021, 10:10:00 PM »
Came across this. Wonder if there's anything to it?

Our findings show that going from, for example, one cup a day to 1.5 cups per day, reduces the risk of kidney stones by 40 percent,” said co-author of the study, Susanna C. Larsson, PhD, Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm. “Our findings strongly suggest that regular coffee consumption reduces the risk of kidney stone formation.”

New Study Supports Coffee and Caffeine Can Reduce Kidney Stones Risk
https://www.kidney.org/news/new-study-supports-coffee-and-caffeine-can-reduce-kidney-stones-risk

I've never had a stone, that I know of, while my brother who never drinks coffee has had several.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2021, 10:13:48 PM »
If the coffee thing is true, I should've been bulletproof.  I existed on coffee and cigarettes for a very long time.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2021, 10:19:00 PM »
I've cut down a little since earlier this year my qua... er... doctor was sort of disturbed that my blood pressure was...

How should I describe it?

I shall quote.

"Well, damn... This is odd... Let's do this again. Holy... Okay, let's try that again... Damn. Okay, we've got a bunch of pills you need to take EVERY day."
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2021, 10:22:09 PM »
If the coffee thing is true, I should've been bulletproof.  I existed on coffee and cigarettes for a very long time.

I drink mine straight black and never smoked
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2021, 07:13:41 AM »
I should be golden on the kidney stone front, then.

I watched my Dad suffer with the damned things. Not something I ever want to deal with.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2021, 09:05:20 AM »
I've heard that excessive soda consumption can lead to stones, although I don't know the mechanism. I hadn't heard about calcium but it makes sense. The coffee study mentions 1 to 1.5 cups per day. More in this case is not necessarily better . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Frank Castle

• friend
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2021, 09:54:34 AM »
Have your house water checked! I had friend that kept getting kidney stones, turns out the well water had a high mineral count.

He lived in Arizona, so he was always drinking water to stay hydrated. It was also, great tasting water.

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2021, 09:58:13 AM »
Came across this. Wonder if there's anything to it?

New Study Supports Coffee and Caffeine Can Reduce Kidney Stones Risk
https://www.kidney.org/news/new-study-supports-coffee-and-caffeine-can-reduce-kidney-stones-risk

I've never had a stone, that I know of, while my brother who never drinks coffee has had several.

Well.  I should be golden then.