Author Topic: Mother Jones takes on the Utah carry permit  (Read 641 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Mother Jones takes on the Utah carry permit
« on: March 22, 2018, 11:29:13 AM »
And doesn't seem to like it.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/09/concealed-carry-permit-guns-utah/

How's this for irony? From the statement following the end of the article:

Mother Jones was founded as a nonprofit in 1976 because we knew corporations and the wealthy wouldn’t fund the type of hard-hitting journalism we set out to do.

Dunno about y'all, but IMHO that article falls well short of being what I consider as "hard-hitting" ... or even "journalism," for that matter. In fact, it's such a rambling piece of trash I couldn't even figure out what the author was really trying to say.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Mother Jones takes on the Utah carry permit
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 11:42:12 AM »
West Virginia went so far as to exempt concealed-carry permit holders from federal background checks when purchasing firearms.

:rofl:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 11:46:50 AM »
A man I once worked for (who subsequently narrowly avoided going to prison for federal contract fraud) used to say that "Everything you see in the media is true, unless you have first-hand knowledge of the facts."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 11:51:43 AM »
A man I once worked for (who subsequently narrowly avoided going to prison for federal contract fraud) used to say that "Everything you see in the media is true, unless you have first-hand knowledge of the facts."

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/65213-briefly-stated-the-gell-mann-amnesia-effect-is-as-follows-you

Quote from: Mother Jones
Gun makers have taken to advertising directly to permit holders: Kahr Arms boasts that “Nothing fits better undercover” than its PM9 handgun.

Uh, sounds like they're marketing that to undercover cops, but that is a pretty funny complaint. Somehow, it's a bad thing that gun manufacturers are marketing low-capacity handguns to people that have undergone background checks, have had at least some kind of minimal training, and are issued a permit/license from a state government. Later in the article, he complains that the Tucson mass-shooter had a "high-capacity" Glock, and didn't need a permit. You just can't please some folks. I'm old enough to remember when they were trying to claim that gun makers were complicit in selling guns to people that couldn't pass a background check, much less have a carry permit. Now they are catering to the permitted, and it's a bad thing.  :lol:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 12:18:31 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife