Author Topic: CARS - Pretty decent flick  (Read 785 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
CARS - Pretty decent flick
« on: June 14, 2006, 09:55:32 AM »
Did a quick search and didn't see that anyone had posted on Pixar's 'Cars'. Figured I might as well be the first.

Pretty decent flick. Good story, GREAT visuals, kickin' soundtrack. Pretty much standard Pixar fare - not-so-bad but emotionally lacking soul goes through great turmoil amidst a throng of everyday-but-lifewise folks and ends up finding "The Truth". Won't go into more detail than that or it might spoil some of the finer plot points.

Kids will love the colors, action, and noise. Adults will get the warm fuzzies from the story and characters. Racing fans will enjoy all the little inside jokes and racing celebrity references. Be sure and hang around through the credits for all the little extra bits.

Go see it if you get the chance.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 10:13:18 AM »
It's got one hell of a mountain to climb to beat the Incredibles as far as I'm concerned.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Stickjockey

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 10:26:16 AM »
I found it more purely entertaining than the Incredibles ( a matter of fine degrees, I assure you) but not quite as strong in the message department.
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 06:48:58 PM »
Racing fans will enjoy all the little inside jokes and racing celebrity references.
I haven't seen the movie yet, but the "King" bit cracked me up just reading about it. I look forward to seeing it.

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 08:14:08 AM »
I saw the trailers for it and thought, "Wow, a CG version of Doc Hollywood."  Then I saw the reviews that said, "Wow, a CG version of Doc Hollywood."

Unless there's something about it that sets it apart, I'll likely wait for Netflix.

-BP
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

Polishrifleman

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 08:40:16 AM »
My wife and boys went to see it this past weekend and it is still the talk of the dinner table.  Especially, dad we need to buy it on DVD.  Between the 3 of them it got 6 thumbs up.