Author Topic: APS or PunBB?  (Read 2212 times)

APS or PunBB?
« on: June 14, 2006, 06:26:40 PM »
Did PunBB update or something?

I am getting a pop up box if I attempt to put an Apostrophe in front of "puter".  Like the software is informing me that is not the way to do Smilies or similar.

I cannot even do  quotation marks around an apostrophe

ARRRGGGHHH!

I cannot type the capitol letter "I" apostrophe "M"

I am using XPPro, Firefox .

Driving me nuts!

Anyone else?

Steve

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
APS or PunBB?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 06:45:48 PM »
I'm not having that problem. I'm thinking is must be your 'puter. Cheesy

Ron

APS or PunBB?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 06:49:28 PM »
'puter

"'"

I'm

nope

You ever think of taking some computer classes cheesy

Vodka7

• friend
APS or PunBB?
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 07:06:10 PM »
Firefox in XPPro here too, I'm 'puter 'puter I'm

Seems like it's a problem unique to your PC, check your language and keyboard settings maybe?  They can do odd things.

APS or PunBB?
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 07:27:11 PM »
You know in a way life was simpler before I actually went to college and started these damn IT classes.
Should have opened a bait shop...sure shoulda.

Help me out here folks. My head still hurts from last semester and keeping up with configuring a router and IP addresses.

Let me think, I am supposed to be a IT student...umm

I got a Windows Update the other day - covered all the Office Suite (Word, Access, Excel...) and something to do with Media player which I rarely use.
Blame Windows right?

Free Version of Kerio firewall, Lavasoft, AVG, Spybot Search & Destroy , all current and up to date.

Firefox and Thunderbird - newest versions and up to date.

Disk Clean/ Degfrag this morning.

Would by chance Update on Macromedia and Shockwave have anythint to do with it?

Wait just a darn minute.  It quit.

'puter
ain't
messin'

Preacherman! You messing with me?  My smart remark was private about your puns and "PunBB" earlier today.
Sneaky.

Okay anyone else find getting updates on Macromedia and Shockwave a pain at time using Firefox?

Bait shop, shoulda opened a bait shop...

Brian Williams

• friend
  • I want one of these
APS or PunBB?
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 04:03:20 AM »
S did you get that new Yankee Virus in your 'puter or somethin' and it wouldna speak Southern?Huh?
Brian
<><
:)

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
APS or PunBB?
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 04:12:08 AM »
get a mac and open a bait shop
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
APS or PunBB?
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 07:12:34 AM »
Quote from: Harold Tuttle
get a mac and open a bait shop
Mr. Tuttle has an excellent idea.

APS or PunBB?
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 08:14:48 AM »
As an older returning student taking the IT curriculi I am , I was required to take MS , and continue to take classes MS is used in.
The college does have Mac, Linux, Unix labs and curriuli programs.

Just for ME taking Cisco and other classes, I am still using MS, XPPRo. The College also uses IE for preferred browser.

I often assist with new students, some are elderly taking classes for credit, for simplicity and since MS is popular, this is what they use.

Additionally I have assited with Distance Learning, Meaning WebCt and Moodle as our On-line Education tools. When I hold a new student Orientation or when I teach Facutly, Staff, Admins from other institutions from grade school to Graduate Schools to other Learning Needs - These folks too are often MS based.

For instance a Company bought 24 IBM laptops and uses WebCT for In-house training seminars  so I taught using MS how to use the Webct.

Personally when I get past some personal goals and needs, I want to take classes in the Mac Lab. Later the Linux/Unix.

The reality is I was approached to become faculty, and waiting for that process. So if added to  Faculty,  means  benefits, perks such as free tuition for further studies, and the like. I can put up with MS for these reasons for those needs, and learn the Mac/Linux on my own time.

I have taken and continue to a lot of college via on-line only.

Many of my instructors never even set foot on campus, well this Faculty job will also mean actual hours "some" - more at the beginnning - lot of that job I can do from home, the bait shop, anywhere I have Internet access.

I did not even know how to turn on a PC until about '99 , and used one then when forced into it. Don't own a TV, don't want one. Don't own a cell phone - again don't want one.

'Puter just another tool in the toolbox.
I have custom rods from Loomis Blanks, still use a cane pole for fishing when can.

Who knows, I may get paid to be Faculty, and work out of a bait shop yet.

Filling cricket tubes vs configuring a router...I dunno crickets don't take as much configuring.

Ya'll be good.

Steve