Author Topic: Welcome to Seattle Mr. President  (Read 710 times)

Polishrifleman

• friend
Welcome to Seattle Mr. President
« on: June 16, 2006, 07:25:41 AM »
I just saw Air Force 1 fly by my office window over Elliott Bay.  It wasn't that exciting, just another big ol' plane.  I was looking forward to seeing some fighters but none at this altitude at lease.  I know they cleared the airspace because they announced that on the radio.  Is there additional air support when landing in "Friendly Territory"?

He is in town for a fund raiser over in the Bellevue area at some I think ex-Microsoft execs place.

Polishrifleman

• friend
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 11:22:39 AM »
So I also got a close look at the motorcade from just above eye level about 30 feet out.  Motorcycle officers everywhere, about 4 ambulances, 2 limo's, about 6 passenger van's with Press and guests, several marked and unmarked police cars and then the Black Suburban's with all kinds of cool electronics gizmo's on top.  I would assume for communications and jamming but really don't have a clue.  They were the best part of the show while being stopped on the freeway onramp.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 11:37:41 AM »
Quote from: Polishrifleman
I just saw Air Force 1 fly by my office window over Elliott Bay.
I'm sorry.  

Is there additional air support when landing in "Friendly Territory"?
Anyone that knows the answer to that can't tell you.  I know the answer to that, and I can't tell you. Tongue
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”