Author Topic: Looks Like We Might Have Another George Floyd  (Read 3538 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Looks Like We Might Have Another George Floyd
« on: October 19, 2023, 05:04:34 PM »
This will be an interesting one to watch. Apparently the dead guy had just gotten out of a 16 year stint for a crime he didn't commit. Angry command voice cop likely didn't help things, but once things got to "yeah, bitch", the trigger pull seems justified.

https://twitchy.com/aaronwalker/2023/10/19/watch-dashcam-footage-of-the-moment-leonard-cure-is-shot-by-police-n2388735
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Looks Like We Might Have Another George Floyd
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2023, 08:58:28 PM »
"Command voice" is such a crock. A few days ago I watched a video on YouTube of a traffic stop in which three cops were simultaneously screaming totally contradictory commands at the motorist. It's a miracle the guy didn't get shot.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2023, 09:15:52 PM »
"Command voice" is such a crock.

Agreed.  "Command voice" seems more like shouting commands as loud as possible than anything else.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2023, 09:44:09 PM »
I can actually see where command voice (as much as I hate it too) has its place if it's applied correctly. Too often in these videos, the cops are just angrily yelling, including all kinds of F-bombs, or they're screeching because they're scared. IMO, in the instance of this particular video, the angry yelling just pissed the shootee off (know your audience), and the repeated yelling was just the cop becoming more and more ineffective by screaming the same orders and being ignored. It weakened his position.

It seems there is a big training fail in a lot of departments. At work, I used to watch the coastie boarding teams train from my office window, and they did command voice, but it was more of a "forceful command instructions" if that makes sense, than any kind of yelling.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2023, 09:52:28 PM »
I can actually see where command voice (as much as I hate it too) has its place if it's applied correctly. Too often in these videos, the cops are just angrily yelling, including all kinds of F-bombs, or they're screeching because they're scared. IMO, in the instance of this particular video, the angry yelling just pissed the shootee off (know your audience), and the repeated yelling was just the cop becoming more and more ineffective by screaming the same orders and being ignored. It weakened his position.

It seems there is a big training fail in a lot of departments. At work, I used to watch the coastie boarding teams train from my office window, and they did command voice, but it was more of a "forceful command instructions" if that makes sense, than any kind of yelling.

That does make sense, at least to me, since that's what I was taught. 

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2023, 10:06:33 PM »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2023, 10:13:40 PM »
It used to be a free trip to jail here to get pulled over at 85+ MPH. Not sure on the current law. If he would have just taken the ride, he would be alive today. I'm not sure Floyd would have made it no matter what.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2023, 10:20:50 PM »
It used to be a free trip to jail here to get pulled over at 85+ MPH. Not sure on the current law. If he would have just taken the ride, he would be alive today. I'm not sure Floyd would have made it no matter what.

I'm not necessarily defending the dead guy, but depending on more information, maybe kinda sorta am. At least in mindset. If I had just gotten out after spending 16 years in prison for a crime I didn't commit (if that is indeed the case), I might not be big on cops, or being arrested again, for fear of railroading.

Of course he was allegedly driving 100MPH, so he wasn't the brightest bulb in the lamp. If I had gotten out of prison after being wrongfully locked up, I'd be flying way under the radar to avoid any interaction with cops.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2023, 12:50:59 AM »
I've done live theatre... I can command the hell out of a voice. But it still doesn't work on idjits running out of the store carrying merch...
Blog under construction

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2023, 08:06:12 AM »
:) "I don't have a command voice.  I do project powerfully stated logic in a normal voice."  :)
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2023, 09:05:12 AM »
I wonder if command voice used to work but no longer does.
Kinda like coach voice.
We saw a high school football coach fired because he screamed and swore at his players. Instead of motivating them, they just thought he was weird. It would have worked on me 50 years ago but they have an immunity to it.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2023, 09:19:51 AM »
I wonder if command voice used to work but no longer does.
Kinda like coach voice.
We saw a high school football coach fired because he screamed and swore at his players. Instead of motivating them, they just thought he was weird. It would have worked on me 50 years ago but they have an immunity to it.

Safe to say kids today have far less respect for authority than they did 50 years ago.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2023, 09:35:49 AM »
The cop appears to be a raging ahole.

Still looks like a good shoot.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2023, 09:51:36 AM »
Safe to say kids today have far less respect for authority than they did 50 years ago.

Just look at these High School, and even Junior High and elementary school videos where the kids go nuts attacking teachers.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1713628544922722472

Even now, it scares the hell out of me to think about what my parents would have done to me if I did that.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2023, 10:14:52 AM »
The cop appears to be a raging ahole.

Still looks like a good shoot.

This right here.

Wife and I watched this last night and were discussing it.  I pointed out that the cop came in way hot from the beginning.   And honestly he didn't realize that he was escalating things instead of de-escalating.  The tazer is when things fell apart obviously.   I did find it interesting that even when he's actively fighting wth the guy he follows his escalation of force training and goes for his baton first before grabbing his firearm.   

Did the cop make mistakes?  Absolutely.  But once things started going rodeo, well, it was pretty much a foregone conclusion how things were going to end.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2023, 10:27:07 AM »
Just look at these High School, and even Junior High and elementary school videos where the kids go nuts attacking teachers.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1713628544922722472

Even now, it scares the hell out of me to think about what my parents would have done to me if I did that.

Nowadays your parents would have CPS (Child Protection Services) called down on them. Remember reading some parents having that happen just for assigning chores
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2023, 11:06:43 AM »
I would like to see video of the pursuit.  The cop appears to be a bit upset already just walking up to the truck so I wonder what happened.  Did he delay pulling over? 

While the officer was yelling, he was at least understandable.  Overall, the command voice stuff on this one doesn't bother me as much.  Seems like I have seen worse. 

Do you think if he would have walked up as if it was a traffic ticket and asked for ID, he could have escalated to arrest once he explained the situation?  It probably would work for me, but I don't think I have a lot in common with the deceased.  He seemed to be flexing from the start (maybe in reaction?).  Maybe some of you can say better what is common behavior for people pulled over.

I am sure he knew how fast he was going.  If he didn't, that may speak to something else involved.  I thought everyone knew arrest was always an option for speeding especially going well past the limit. 

Gun did not come out until he was well into a fight.  Looks like a good shoot overall. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2023, 11:11:09 AM »
I would like to see video of the pursuit.  The cop appears to be a bit upset already just walking up to the truck so I wonder what happened.  Did he delay pulling over? 

Without rewatching, I think the cop told the guy that he passed him doing 100MPH, so if that's the case, dude was clearly in IDGAF world.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2023, 12:09:45 PM »
Do you think if he would have walked up as if it was a traffic ticket and asked for ID, he could have escalated to arrest once he explained the situation?  It probably would work for me, but I don't think I have a lot in common with the deceased.  He seemed to be flexing from the start (maybe in reaction?).

Adrenalin dump ...

Command voice video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQIRD57lls8
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2023, 01:12:27 PM »
It'll only go Floyd if the folks who think that they can manipulate the crowds and the media think they can get away with it.

AND...

More and more folks are realizing that they got used.
Blog under construction

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2023, 10:29:18 PM »
I’m sure, as time goes on we will learn that the deceased is an absolute angel of society with a lengthy record of turning his life around moments, as seems to be the SOP of BLM martyrs.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2023, 11:09:34 PM »
I don't respond well to being yelled at, at all.

Going straight to command voice is an escalation asking for trouble in my opinion.

Want the public to hate cops? Have cops start yelling at folks like they're a bad dog right out of the gate.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2023, 06:37:48 AM »
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/10/minneapoliss_prosecutors_always_knew_george_floyd_died_of_natural_causes.html

Funny that, I never thought the cop was responsible for his death. It was all a media campaign and psychological operation from right out of the gate.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2023, 10:41:54 AM »
 Dr. Andrew Baker attested during the trial that the restraint of Floyd was the "primary" cause of his death.  The above testimony, if accurate, suggests he may have been lying, or at least believed he was lying.  Or maybe he changed his mind under "pressure."  But really, who knows exactly what killed an ODing man with heart disease and covid who was being pinned down by a cop?  Maybe Floyd would have died on his own.  Maybe being pinned down for a long time pushed him over the edge to death.  We don't know.  I don't think anyone does. 

Those are the reasons I thought the murder charge was BS.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2023, 10:47:12 AM »
Dr. Andrew Baker attested during the trial that the restraint of Floyd was the "primary" cause of his death.  The above testimony, if accurate, suggests he may have been lying, or at least believed he was lying.  Or maybe he changed his mind under "pressure."  But really, who knows exactly what killed an ODing man with heart disease and covid who was being pinned down by a cop?  Maybe Floyd would have died on his own.  Maybe being pinned down for a long time pushed him over the edge to death.  We don't know.  I don't think anyone does. 

Those are the reasons I thought the murder charge was BS.

See that mob out there? They're going to beat you and then pour gasoline on you and set you on fire alive and then go after your family unless you say what they want to hear.
- Calvin and Hobbes