Author Topic: So I Went To Install The Fireplace...  (Read 3784 times)

Waitone

• friend
Re: So I Went To Install The Fireplace...
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009, 06:49:34 PM »
Retirement seemed like a good idea at the time.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009, 06:58:47 PM »
Retirement seemed like a good idea at the time.

What am I missing here?

TC
TC
RT Refugee

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2009, 07:05:03 PM »
Hmm. Hadn't thought of that. The joists are oriented right.

Her one concern (with my plan to side it identically with the house, i.e.,hardy plank painted gray) has been that it not look "like a tract house chimney." Therefore, a river rock facing is necessary. The woman has good taste, I've got to admit. Maybe I could get her to put me on an hourly wage?

TC

what width of hardy pank? i have a square of the narrow in white you can have if you take it off my porch. make my wife happy  its 6 1/2 wide  normal reveal is 5 1/4

the artificial rock is easier to work with on a chimney add on and comes in a variety of colors
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2009, 07:53:26 PM »
I think I have enough hardyplank left over, C&SD, but thank you. Maybe we can pool and sell our leftovers on Craigslist? Could buy a box of ammo or two.

TC
TC
RT Refugee