Author Topic: Half of all Americans are diabetic or pre-diabetic  (Read 2349 times)

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: Half of all Americans are diabetic or pre-diabetic
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2015, 02:51:45 PM »
Certain statins (cholesterol meds) raise blood glucose levels.  Ever since I started them, my blood glucose varies between 99 and 110 or so. It was lower before I started statins.

Hmm, the timing correlates.  Prior to starting statins, my blood sugar was always 97-99, even when I was heavier and less active.  Is Atorvastatin one of those "certain statins"?

Chris

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2015, 07:27:07 PM »
I'd believe half of all Americans are clinically obese, but I doubt that half are diabetic.

I am more worried about half of all Americans being mentally disabled, or on disability, food stamps, obama phones, WICS, AFDC,..........................ie, flat out welfare

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2015, 09:14:56 PM »
Hmm, the timing correlates.  Prior to starting statins, my blood sugar was always 97-99, even when I was heavier and less active.  Is Atorvastatin one of those "certain statins"?

Chris

I'm sure they have a pill to counteract that unfortunate side effect.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.