Author Topic: Can this be possible?  (Read 2901 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Can this be possible?
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2017, 04:24:03 PM »
Yes and no. Quality of calories matters. Your body will not burn sugar the same way as quality proteins, fats and complex carbs.
High intake of sugars is counterproductive.

The key losing weight, burn more calories than you take in.

Eat vegetables to help you feel full.
    Drink plenty of water.
    Get tempting foods out of your home.
    Stay busy -- you don't want to eat just because you're bored.
    Eat only from a plate, while seated at a table. No grazing in front of the 'fridge.
    Don't skip meals.
    Exercising, get up and move.

Also, this is the really hard one, for some people. Watch your Alcohol drinking and Alcohol munchies. A 12 pack of shiner bock is 1,704 Calories. A 100-proof whiskey contains about 122 calories in a 1.5 ounce pour. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2017, 04:47:06 PM »
Yes and no. Quality of calories matters. Your body will not burn sugar the same way as quality proteins, fats and complex carbs.
High intake of sugars is counterproductive.

I'm thinking steak and eggs for breakfast (steak, not sausage or bacon) is probably more conducive to weight loss than a diet shake. More calories, but they're the kind that keep you from getting hungry again a couple hours later. Portion control is of course important.

I generally rotate through steak and eggs, oatmeal with blueberries and honey, and once a week Kodiak cakes as my pancake breakfast. If I'm really just not feeling hungry for breakfast, then a banana and some yogurt.

I'm no expert, this is just what works for me coupled with at least 30min of exercise six days a week. Also eating my biggest meals at breakfast and lunch (which is essentially my dinner) and just a small meal or snack no later than 4-5pm. I try not to eat anything after 5-6pm.

Sunday is my "cheat day" where I might have eggs and lingucia with toast and jam for breakfast or else real pancakes with tons of maple syrup, pizza and beer for lunch, and a whiskey in the hammock in the afternoon instead of exercise. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2017, 05:44:32 PM »
I'm thinking steak and eggs for breakfast (steak, not sausage or bacon) is probably more conducive to weight loss than a diet shake. More calories, but they're the kind that keep you from getting hungry again a couple hours later. Portion control is of course important.

"Portion control" involving steak should have been banned under several treaties.

I think my bare minimum for AYCE sirloin night is 24 ounces to feel like I got my money's worth.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2017, 05:49:48 PM »
Sign hanging down slightly below the freezer door in my fridge:

Look but don't touch

Saved me from a couple of unnecessary munchy nibbly attacks.

Sign were I can see it while dining:

Eat until you are not hungry anymore
Not until you're full

It's a constant battle.  Those are some tactics.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.